• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance can't think for himself ? – We must have radios !

May 6, 2009
Visit site
You hate Lance but here you are visiting his twitter account page and going on the livestrong site as well. Seriously man, get over it.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
rolfrae said:
He wants things exactly as they were when he retired, he's a control freak, we all know that. He won't have time to listen to his radio anyway with all his inane twittering.

For one thing he wants Contador controlled via the radio. The Hog will pull him back each and everytime Lance is feeling the pinch. Without radios the Kid can let rip on him on his own fresh blood.

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
whiteboytrash said:
For one thing he wants Contador controlled via the radio. The Hog will pull him back each and everytime Lance is feeling the pinch. Without radios the Kid can let rip on him on his own fresh blood.

"Me no speak Eenglish!" Said AC when questioned why he ignored the Hog's instructions to sit up and wait for Lance.

Armstrong will organize a rider protest. They will complain about the risk of accidents when they are not able to be warned by radio about every turn, undulation, and pot hole in the road. After the press fingers Armstrong as one of the ring leaders, he will hide in the team bus and refuse to speak to the press the rest of the Tour.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Armstrong will organize a rider protest. They will complain about the risk of accidents when they are not able to be warned by radio about every turn, undulation, and pot hole in the road. After the press fingers Armstrong as one of the ring leaders, he will hide in the team bus and refuse to speak to the press the rest of the Tour.

You are pathetic and boring beyond words. Your venomous hatred of LA is sickening. You consistently ruin every topic you post in and make this forum a total turn-off for new people who might otherwise be inclined to stick around.

Why not just bite yourself and let the poison put an end to your evident misery?

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
Amsterhammer said:
You are pathetic and boring beyond words. Your venomous hatred of LA is sickening. You consistently ruin every topic you post in and make this forum a total turn-off for new people who might otherwise be inclined to stick around.

Why not just bite yourself and let the poison put an end to your evident misery?

Think you're in there Bro Deal.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

I wonder if this will be the first time a TdF contender quits a team because even tho he is the strongest, the team(Lance and Johann) won't support him. Lance wants to win this thing(I don't think he will), otherwise, why show up?

Contador does too. I don't think any amount of team meetings between the 3 of them will resolve this. Team will help Lance, Contador will be ****ed(cuz he's the strongest) and Evans or sastre will win it all. 2010 will have a lot of these boys on the LanceLivestrongMellowJohnnysNike team, they aren't going to risk losing a job next year, Contador will leave, no doubt about it.

Amsterhammer said:

Lance tea baggers are funny.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Lance tea baggers are funny.

Whereas those who blame him for literally everything and portray him as the devil incarnate are neither witty, clever, or honest. Just very sad.

Ever considered getting a life?

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Whereas those who blame him for literally everything and portray him as the devil incarnate are neither witty, clever, or honest. Just very sad.

Ever considered getting a life?

And what will you say when everything Bro just said comes true?

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Thanks to everyone else for keeping this low-key.

Susan

Thank-you.

I can actually see a rider protest under the guise of safety. I think this is going to be a boring Tour. If Lance wants radios then he'll get them. If he's doesn't there will be a go slow therefore no stage winner. I can also see endless stages of Astana riding on the front at record speed. Can't wait !

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer,

The reason that these is a lot of vitriol against Lance is that he consistently ruined every TdF he participated in and made the sport a total turn off for real fans who might otherwise be inclined to stick around.

I have raced for several years at elite amateur level in Europe and I have rarely met a rider with any respect for LA, yet I often come across uninformed "fans" who only follow the tour droning on about how wonderful he is. Most young racers are looking more to athletes we can almost dare to believe in, like EBH and Cavendish than the old heads like LA who represent an era af pharmaceutical achievements and fraud not sporting glory.

The fact is in 1999 cycling had a chance to clean up after the disgraceful events of 98 and instead LA (retrospectively) tested positive for EPO 6 times during his win in that race.

Now he is back, and already his narcissism and unrivalled ego are turning many long term cycling fans and participants away from their sport. He is the worst sort of angry alpha male, and his treatment of individuals such as Simeoni and Bassons, and any ex-teammate or staff member who doesn't tow the "Lance Legend" line is morally unacceptable. I also find his manipulation of the fight against cancer for his own legitimacy and financial gain absolutely sickening.

I have ridden hundreds of criteriums, classics and stage races in Europe, and devoted the best part of my twenties to this wonderful sport. If LA is allowed to win the TdF this year I will throw my bikes in the river, burn my license and never ride again. It means that much to me that the sport i love so much moves on from this shameful era.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Amsterhammer: don't take it all so personally. Keep cool.

Thanks to everyone else for keeping this low-key.

Susan

Oh, I don't take it personally at all. ;)

I'm old enough and have been around many forums long enough to recognize certain types of posters. This particular type, the bullying, forum dominating, must make more posts than anyone else, 'I know everything better than the rest of you and even if I don't I'll baffle you with bull**** instead' character, generally invokes my pity and derision. Most forums have someone like this. However, this example appears to be a particularly nasty and rancid strain of the species.

I'm certainly not the first, last or only new poster here who has been/will be turned off to this forum and ****ed off by this tosser's constant poisonous rantings, which ruin topic after topic. The powers that be on this forum would do well to consider just how much more pleasant and non-confrontational things could be around here, if this guy were to stop spouting s h i t all the time.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Susan

what a breath of fresh air your posts are...

@Mongol I really hope you dont take such drastic action, you obviously love the sport and the life of riding.

I personally would love to see the end to riders wearing radios but I doubt it will happen in such large races as the Tour.

I can not understand why so many ppl spend so much time, effort and emotion hating LA.
I respect his management skills more than his riding but I still enjoy watching him race as I do many other top pros.

Anyone that enters into the "doping" debate relative to LA is just wasting brain cells.

With so many riders doping during his reign at the Tour ( all of the top ten...;) )I say if he was doping he still won because he beat them at that as well...

TRENDING THREADS