• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance can't think for himself ? – We must have radios !

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
Oh, you're next then?

No, I complained about the bitter, twisted, sweeping attacks made on a rider I have much time for and have enjoyed watching for many years. If said poster uses irony or humor, you're welcome to point it out. All I see is an inflated ego that sanctimoniously preaches from on high.

How do you counter blanket, sweeping accusations about everything under the sun? Repeat rants often enough and some people will believe them, huh? Lance is responsible for this, Lance is responsible for that, Lance has always been the super-doper who gets away with it where others don't. The lot of you haters here do nothing except hurl accusations that you can never prove. Of course, there were six (was it?) positive samples of his, but being Lance, he had the entire cycling establishment as well as the Tour organization (who have always been his good buddies, right?) in his pocket, with the result that he was never prosecuted, sanctioned or banned for any of the offenses that you lot here consistently accuse him of.

Show me the evidence. Show the world the evidence. Prove one single accusation with hard, undisputed, proven facts instead of cynically accusing the man of every crime under the sun with sweeping generalizations that reek of bitterness and envy.

The problem with many here is that even if you accept that he doped amoung doped riders which I now believe, it's not enough.

I guess they had their own favorite doped riders those years. Or they'll point to some top ten guy they swear was clean and rant about how unfair it was that Lance won. The other 8 could all be dopers and still it's about Lance.

I'm a cycling fan not a lance fan, albeit from an American perspective, but the more they rant against Lance the more I'm pulling for him.

Mabye this is what Johan meant when he said winning alone doesn't do it for him any more. He and Lance have historically thrived on this kind of stuff.

Don't let a couple of people drive you off of here. There are some really great posters here and the occasional word from an insider. There are some people here who love cycling. Find the thread called "mountain feeling" I think and you can tell.

But don't take any guff from them either.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
You are pathetic and boring beyond words. Your venomous hatred of LA is sickening. You consistently ruin every topic you post in and make this forum a total turn-off for new people who might otherwise be inclined to stick around.

Why not just bite yourself and let the poison put an end to your evident misery?

Oh I see...The episode that BroDeal pictured surely could never happen, could it? It's absurd to say that Armstrong would do anything like that. It's something an infant would not so surely Armstrong wouldn't do anything like that...
Oh wait, what happened in this Italian race they had about a month ago?

May 14, 2009
Visit site
jackhammer111 said:
The problem with many here is that even if you accept that he doped amoung doped riders which I now believe, it's not enough.

I guess they had their own favorite doped riders those years. Or they'll point to some top ten guy they swear was clean and rant about how unfair it was that Lance won. The other 8 could all be dopers and still it's about Lance.

I'm a cycling fan not a lance fan, albeit from an American perspective, but the more they rant against Lance the more I'm pulling for him.
You missed the real point.
Of course there is the doping of Lance but that don't make him different of other riders.
Look at what happened to Hamilton, Landis, Virenque,... who tried to sell stupid lies. Armstrong lied openly and stupidly since 1999 with the famous TUE that he was not aware 2 days before his positive test. Of course, reporters had already a lot of doubts because of his transformation from a none-climber to a winning climber just after Festina.

Finally on the last podium he insulted everyon by lying one more times.

grimpeur said:
Certainly the laws in France are strict as to what you can do while driving. They want both hands on the wheel. TVs are a distraction and I'll bet if you had to follow the laws of the road in the Tour they'd be illegal. It's one of the reasons you can find reststops about every 5 miles on the autoroutes in France. They only want you driving while operating a motor vehicle.

I am all for it, but it seems like it would be easy to get around the restriction. Why not put the TV in the back seat and let someone watch it from there? Someone in the team bus could relay info to the follow car via cell phone. A lot of the info would be available from radio anyway.

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
nobody said:
OK, he beated many other cheaters but he CHEATED riders like Bassons !

And of course he has stolen the fame and the money of the people who deserved it.

Don't forget he trashed people who didn't believe in miracle, reporters, lab and the French in general...

That is why he is not welcome!

The Bassons story is quite sad, a VO2 to match the best ever, but without the dope to even keep up with the peleton, and total ostracism by the bunch bosses led by LA.

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Oh, you're next then?

No, I complained about the bitter, twisted, sweeping attacks made on a rider I have much time for and have enjoyed watching for many years. If said poster uses irony or humor, you're welcome to point it out. All I see is an inflated ego that sanctimoniously preaches from on high.

How do you counter blanket, sweeping accusations about everything under the sun? Repeat rants often enough and some people will believe them, huh? Lance is responsible for this, Lance is responsible for that, Lance has always been the super-doper who gets away with it where others don't. The lot of you haters here do nothing except hurl accusations that you can never prove. Of course, there were six (was it?) positive samples of his, but being Lance, he had the entire cycling establishment as well as the Tour organization (who have always been his good buddies, right?) in his pocket, with the result that he was never prosecuted, sanctioned or banned for any of the offenses that you lot here consistently accuse him of.

Show me the evidence. Show the world the evidence. Prove one single accusation with hard, undisputed, proven facts instead of cynically accusing the man of every crime under the sun with sweeping generalizations that reek of bitterness and envy.

Ok, you've got us. It was LA's revolutionary high cadence pedalling technique, his huge lung capacity and post-cancer weight loss that allowed him to beat all those confirmed dopers to achieve his 7 TDF victories.

biker jk said:
Ok, you've got us. It was LA's revolutionary high cadence pedalling technique, his huge lung capacity and post-cancer weight loss that allowed him to beat all those confirmed dopers to achieve his 7 TDF victories.
So, did Lance dope better/smarter than the rest -- 7 years in a row -- or did he dope the same and was just better?

Ninety5rpm said:
Ah, so he was the only one getting Ferrari's assistance? So he was just doping better/smarter than the others? That's your theory?

The facts are that his contract with Dr. Ferrari forbade the doctor from training any of his TdF rivals. He also paid Ferrari many many times more money than Ullrich and Basso were paying for Dr. Fuentes. People pay extra when they perceive that they will receive extra value.

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
So, did Lance dope better/smarter than the rest -- 7 years in a row -- or did he dope the same and was just better?

LA was definitely the better doper. Have a look at his power output on climbs such as Alpe d'Huez. Left the other dopers behind.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
nobody said:
OK, he beated many other cheaters but he CHEATED riders like Bassons !

And of course he has stolen the fame and the money of the people who deserved it.

Don't forget he trashed people who didn't believe in miracle, reporters, lab and the French in general...

That is why he is not welcome!

Did you know Bassons own team chased him down when he was in a break during the 1999 Tour and when he won at a stage at the Dauphine, his own team refused to pay up?

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
Oh, you're next then?

Awwwe, isn't that cute! I'm next huh? Well, when you have something to write that elevates you to anything but a chamos sniffing fanboy, I will let you know. Thus far, well......its just adorable that you think you have anything to add.

As for the "prosecuted, sanctioned" drivel, well......that's.......oh what's the word?......"ignorant"...yea, that's it.........ignorant of the reality of his 6 positive tests for synthetic EPO.

A

Anonymous

jackhammer111 said:

Mabye this is what Johan meant when he said winning alone doesn't do it for him any more. He and Lance have historically thrived on this kind of stuff.

Don't let a couple of people drive you off of here. There are some really great posters here and the occasional word from an insider. There are some people here who love cycling. Find the thread called "mountain feeling" I think and you can tell.

But don't take any guff from them either.

You know what, you are wrong. That is all I need to hear to determine that you do indeed think clearly and logically about some things. Pull for him all you want. Doper among dopers is fine as long as you are up front about it. Most aren't.

Again, my dislike is derived from the actions he has taken against those who won't keep their mouths shut or have told the truth about what happened in their interactions with him. Pure and simple.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Can't believe anyone would defend upholding the omerta, and support the thought that whistleblowers must be silenced.

Unreal.
When you think that cheating is acceptable .... you have already put your feet on the bad path.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Awwwe, isn't that cute! I'm next huh? Well, when you have something to write that elevates you to anything but a chamos sniffing fanboy, I will let you know. Thus far, well......its just adorable that you think you have anything to add.

As for the "prosecuted, sanctioned" drivel, well......that's.......oh what's the word?......"ignorant"...yea, that's it.........ignorant of the reality of his 6 positive tests for synthetic EPO.

What a funny little smug, patronizing hateboy you are, though I haven't figured out yet what sort of bile you sniff.

Typical of your kind to consider 'facts' to be drivel and to avoid answering the question. Now run along....

givvafuk about lance n doping here... so you lot can stop swinging your handbags at each other and put them away.

they've ridden this sport for decades without radios
do the words "suck it up cupcake" mean anything to this lot?

i just want them to improve the tv broadcasting signal so that the picture from the motorbikes isn't always stuttering and freezing.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
What a funny little smug, patronizing hateboy you are, though I haven't figured out yet what sort of bile you sniff.

Typical of your kind to consider 'facts' to be drivel and to avoid answering the question. Now run along....

You schoolboy. Do some research and get your facts right. This little article
may just provide you some much needed insight. Have a read and come back when you've gone something useful to say. Till then, you run along...

http://nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2009/michael-ashenden

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
unsheath said:
You schoolboy. Do some research and get your facts right. This little article
may just provide you some much needed insight. Have a read and come back when you've gone something useful to say. Till then, you run along...

http://nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2009/michael-ashenden

Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check it out when I have more time available than right now.

In the meantime, where do you get off calling me a "schoolboy", you sanctimonious little toe-rag?

Try to at least write decent English when you're insulting someone. ;)

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check it out when I have more time available than right now.

In the meantime, where do you get off calling me a "schoolboy", you sanctimonious little toe-rag?

Try to at least write decent English when you're insulting someone. ;)

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh, you clearly understand the intricacies of writing a well crafted sentence.

"Schoolboy" is the perfect word here schoolboy.

Now read the article and come back with something to discuss.

Oh, when they tested the samples from 1999 that did in fact contain traces of synthetic EPO, it was always with the understanding that no sanctions would be handed down because they were retroactively testing only the B samples that remained. The tests were initially done as part of the process for developing and perfecting the test they now use to detect synthetic EPO. Under UCI and WADA guidelines, there was no provision to punish a rider for such a test. The riders do have specific rights in instances of positive tests, and not having a specimen for a second test means no sanctions. Also, because it was only done as part of the process to produce the final accepted testing procedure, they couldn't sanction. However, that does not alter the FACT that there was synthetic EPO in the urine. My favorite part is that the person who provided the information necessary to link the blind tests with the person who provided the urine was none other than......wait for it.........................LANCE ARMSTRONG. Those codes don't lie.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
I am afraid for hom that his children won't always believe his tales and when they will discover the truth they will be disappointed.
He has better to say them the truth before they discovered it. Probably he would do, but of course he cannot say it to newspapers. :D

TRENDING THREADS