• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Hits New Heights

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thanks for that info Galic, i didn't know that about Corin (that he knocked up a chick). Did they say that on the show? or did you find it out somehow?

Also some of the vibes Corin gives out makes me think he may not be all geek either ie. playing the rest of the contestants, making out that he is a geek so he has a shot at easy money.

Though it is a pretty genius plan though if you can pull it off.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Thanks for that info Galic, i didn't know that about Corin (that he knocked up a chick). Did they say that on the show? or did you find it out somehow?

Also some of the vibes Corin gives out makes me think he may not be all geek either ie. playing the rest of the contestants, making out that he is a geek so he has a shot at easy money.

Though it is a pretty genius plan though if you can pull it off.

Found some stuff on the yahoo forums but better info was on the Facebook fan group page. Friends of the geeks and beauties have written stuff and left comments. Also a number of newspapers had articles, one in particular with the host Bernard Curry. Bernard confirmed what other sources who interact daily with Corin had told the papers, he is far from a stereotypical geek. Those vibes you mention, a lot of people have those and have been vocal on the forums and fan sites. He is exaggerating his behaviour. Ex-girlfriend who he met at 18 at uni, they have a five year old kid. Also heard a work colleague of his write that he may have geeky job (PhD student) but is far from unacknowledged and impotent with the ladies. Explained to me why Corin has all the beauties eating from the palm of his hand. He's a player who looks like a geek. Personally I haven't the fortitude to stomach his bile. Pity for viewing sake all the interesting couples get eliminated.

A

Anonymous

watched the last episode last night.. fairly obvious he is playing it.. technically he should be voted out as having less learning to do than the others..
fairly obviously faking though

its fairly depressing when some clip of a tv show with lance as the moon landing, gets more hits in 2 days, that my tribute to VdB that i spend hours on got in the first week..

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
watched the last episode last night.. fairly obvious he is playing it.. technically he should be voted out as having less learning to do than the others..

its fairly depressing when some clip of a tv show with lance as the moon landing, gets more hits in 2 days, that my tribute to VdB that i spend hours on got in the first week..

Understandable though.

English speaking site. A thread mentioning the most well known native english speaking cyclist of the last 20 years compared to a non-english speaker who's last result of any note was 2003, then 1999 before that.

Right now, I'd say anyone who is a native english speaker who has enough interest in cycling to visit a cycling website knows who Lance Armstrong is. They probably know him more then any other cyclist. On the flip side, I'd bet a large number have no idea who VdB is. Heck, I've been following the Tour de France since the Lemond years and cycling in general for the last five or six... but for me Vandenbroucke isn't a big name. I had to look him up when I read the stories about his death.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

Ignore it. Most people commented about the show and not LA. The whole VdB issue is tragic. What can people add, in particular those who don't remember him? Not much, best to remain quiet in that case.

Last night what got to me was the personal training challenge. Pathetic, they taught them nothing and the one workout that resembled an actual workout didn't win. Cardio was flung about like a cheap hooker, I saw nothing resmebling cardio and I thought the geeks would have been taught the differnece between aerobic, anaerobic and cardio. I've had my rant, felt good, kind of.

How did you watch it dimspace? Online off the yahoo7 site?