• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance McNaught is dead / WWE

332px-Lance_Cade_cropped.jpg

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I hear he never tested positive and he claimed to be the most tested professional wrestler in history. Plus it looks like he might be from Texas. No way was he doping.

332px-Lance_Cade_cropped.jpg

RIP

dope or not.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I worked with Lance for about 6 years, between his time in developmental and the WWE. He was a great guy and had a huge passion for professional wrestling. He was always fun to work with and very respectful, like all the rest of the wrestlers.
Sadly, it's a very misunderstood business. Those who don't watch it or know it, only see something that is fake that is supposed to be real. However, the WWE does tote itself as being real, only sports entertainment. People don't understand the gruelling schedule this guys keep, year in and out. They work around 250 shows a year, touring the US and overseas, with little time off.

I was suprised to see this posted on here, but I imagine there are plenty of cycling fans who also like the WWE.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
When did the mods become the taste police?

Ditto

The thread was started in the clinic, if there are not to be doping comments there is no point the thread being here, move it to the general forum. If its staying in the clinic then censoring doping comments is stupid, regardless what taste they are in.

But yes, another in a long line of wrestlers to die young. Had the pleasure of meeting Dave Smith and (i guess the pleasure) of meeting Chris Beniot. Both killed by doping. Im surprised there isnt a "doping cases in wrestling" page on wiki

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, because I'm pretty sure Chris Benoit hanged himself. Not sure how that is death by doping. Whether or not he took anything is irrellevent to the trajedy surrounding the events that happened with his family. People sometimes snap, has nothing to do with steroids or whatever. When people go on shooting sprees, do they test them for steroids to see if it was "roid-rage"? No. There's no such thing. There's only people with tempers.

I can tell you for a fact, since I worked for the company that pro wrestlers are drug tested about as much as pro cyclists, and have been for awhile now.
You can look up the WWE drug testing policy on their website.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Ditto

The thread was started in the clinic, if there are not to be doping comments there is no point the thread being here, move it to the general forum. If its staying in the clinic then censoring doping comments is stupid, regardless what taste they are in.

The original title of the thread was simply "Lance is Dead", suggesting that the poster's original intention was not to discuss doping in wrestling, but to make a silly joke. As you can see a moderator made alterations.

Despite the media's claims of "roid rage" and that at some point Benoit was shown to have likely used some steroids, there was none in his system, and zero indication that it caused him to do what he did. None at all. He was on light pain killers, and no alcohol was in his system. The man simply had serious psychological problems from a hard life.

Still, it's a rough sport and way of life. Entertainment or not, it has to be rigorous, and prone to many of the same problems cycling and other sports have.

Here is the link on About.com with a long list of wrestler's deaths. Note that most of these are not related to steroid or doping use, though a frightening amount are suicides.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
People die every day. We cannot make light of it? When did the mods become the taste police?

Some people might not think of it as "the taste police", but "the at least try to show a little bit of class police".

One of the few threads here that has left me totally disgusted.

I await the "picking wings off flys" and "kicking blind children" threads.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
The original title of the thread was simply "Lance is Dead", suggesting that the poster's original intention was not to discuss doping in wrestling, but to make a silly joke. As you can see a moderator made alterations.

True... but I put WWE as to not be totally misleading... I cared not to discuss wrestling in any form

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
So I could say "Lance is dead" and fanbois could whine about the misdirection.

Thank you for being honest.

And I must thank you in advance for the next time you start a thread in the Clinic about the death of an athlete who has nothing to do with cycling and has no known connection to PEDs.

I remain disgusted.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:
Thank you for being honest.

And I must thank you in advance for the next time you start a thread in the Clinic about the death of an athlete who has nothing to do with cycling and has no known connection to PEDs.

I remain disgusted.

no known connections to PEDs???? a dead 28 yr old WWE wrestler?? oh c'mon..
Steroids and pro wrestling are even more obvious and absurd than Sestriere99..If doping doesn't stop the WWE is the future of pro cycling.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
no known connections to PEDs???? a dead 28 yr old WWE wrestler?? oh c'mon..
Steroids and pro wrestling are even more obvious and absurd than Sestriere99..If doping doesn't stop the WWE is the future of pro cycling.

Just post the link re the known connection to PED's and you will be declared the winner of this debate, although mucking up a thread with facts in the Clinic is typically frowned upon.

Cal_Joe said:
Some people might not think of it as "the taste police", but "the at least try to show a little bit of class police".

One of the few threads here that has left me totally disgusted.

I await the "picking wings off flys" and "kicking blind children" threads.

I'll go out on a limb and guess you are not a fan of a quality TV show like "When Good Pets Go Bad." I also bet you don't read sites that are not for the humor impaired...like fark.com.

You are disgusted with all threads that don't bow down and kiss Armstrong's nether regions. So save the crocodile tears for someone who might buy into your sob story.

Guidokcd said:
I can tell you for a fact, since I worked for the company that pro wrestlers are drug tested about as much as pro cyclists, and have been for awhile now.
You can look up the WWE drug testing policy on their website.

Hallelujah! We may have found the one organization with a more corrupt dope testing program than pro cycling. I just have to flip on the TV to find out how effective the WWE drug testing program is, and I am not impressed.

If we can ever get rid of Pat McQuaid then he can surely find a job in pro wrestling as an official spokesman for the sport's drug testing program.

I can see it now.

"There's been a lot of talk, maybe too much talk, about Floyd Landis and the Legion of Doom. But I am here to say it's all a vendetta. On August 21st Landis will feel the pain. Pain!! Big Tex and his Colorado Wild Boyz will enter the squared circle and prove themselves under God in a trial by combat. It's no holds barred with each side bringing their own folding chairs. August 21st. Be THERE!!"

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I'll go out on a limb and guess you are not a fan of a quality TV show like "When Good Pets Go Bad." I also bet you don't read a site that is not for the humor impaired, like fark.com.

Wrong.

BroDeal said:
You are disgusted with all threads that don't bow down and kiss Armstrong's nether regions. So save the crocodile tears for someone who might buy into your sob story.

Wrong.

One of the weakest posts I have seen in a while - actually, it has been plagiarized from Chapter One of "The Handbag Ladies Guide To Internet Posting".

From that Chapter -

"As a proud purse swinging HL, if someone disagrees with your post or calls you out on your post, as an HL you must always refer to the following logic -

If the poster does not mention LA, you MUST drag that into your response. Attacking the poster instead of the post is a great way to let people think you are responding to an issue, and they tend to gloss over the fact that you really do not have anything to say.

The secondary goal of dragging LA into a post is that, if the thread has not already been infested by fanboys, they will be sure to come running, thus igniting a purse frenzy where you can then certainly demonstrate your intellectual and moral superiority, in addition to summoning the full power of the other Handbag Ladies to overwhelm a thread."

Tomorrow - Chapter Two - "I am a Handbag Lady and my humor is tasteless and crude - How can I improve this?"

TRENDING THREADS