• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance witch hunt in france

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
golancego said:
Im sure that mellovellov can explain the following problem because he/she seems to know everything..

WHY DIDN`T THE TESTER FOLLOW LANCE TO THE SHOWER?;)

Yes, I have read your posting of this, several times now.
Now go back and read mine. The answer is there.

The fact is you are only interested in adopting LA's version of events and have no interest in the other possible, indeed, more plausible explanation.

The other fact is that what has happened, has happened.
Spin and talk anti-French sentiment all you like.
It doesn't make your version the truth and the other a lie.

Everybody seems to be assuming the French are out to boot Armstrong from his beloved Tour.
I repeat, as yet, they are only talking about possible action.
As to what that action might be, a lot of frightened folk seem to be jumping to conclusions.

I'd say, don't antagonise the French, then wait and see.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Official signed form

Let's face it someone is out to try and get him one way or another, the 24 tests by and large suggest this. Anyone have any info on how many times some of the other top riders have been tested since Nov/Dec? I have no idea what went on at the test, but if the official signed a form saying nothing out of the ordinary took place, then why all of a sudden is the story different. Either there is paperwork saying the test is ok, or there isn't. If not , then something is up and a case to be considered, but if there is paperwork then the subsquent leaks out of the french agency are a case of CMA from the offiicial and a clear targetted attempt to get Armstrong.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
NedWorthy said:
Let's face it someone is out to try and get him one way or another, the 24 tests by and large suggest this. Anyone have any info on how many times some of the other top riders have been tested since Nov/Dec? I have no idea what went on at the test, but if the official signed a form saying nothing out of the ordinary took place, then why all of a sudden is the story different. Either there is paperwork saying the test is ok, or there isn't. If not , then something is up and a case to be considered, but if there is paperwork then the subsquent leaks out of the french agency are a case of CMA from the offiicial and a clear targetted attempt to get Armstrong.
Most of his tests have been done by the UCI. He has to be tested a lot because the biological passport takes a lot of data points. Most riders were competing last year so they have already contributed a lot of test results to their biological profile. Lance has catching up to do.

The leaks have happened because anything Armstrong does is a big story and leaks happen with big stories. The official press releases by the AFLD surely have come because they have been flooded with requests by media.

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
Black Dog and Ned Worthy bring up the key point in this argument, which everyone else (including the journalists) seems to be glossing over. The form which both the tester and LA signed had a section where it was asked if the test went okay or if there were problems. Now if the form says nothing out of the ordinary happened, why now well over a month after the fact are we hearing about LAs behavior? Most of you'll recall the twitter feed and subsequent articles about his hair being taken.

Regardless of who is being tested, the form was signed off indicating the test went as it should have. And if the tester was as experienced as we have been told and something happened that should not have, why would he have signed the form okay? Given that it was LA being tested you'd think that both parties would have made sure to make certain everything was done according to standards.

There is something not quite right going on here and for now I'm going to side with LA. The test came back clean and whether or not the tester stuck to him like glue, the form both signed said the test went okay. So why change the story now?

A

Anonymous

cawright1375 said:
There is something not quite right going on here and for now I'm going to side with LA. The test came back clean and whether or not the tester stuck to him like glue, the form both signed said the test went okay. So why change the story now?

ditto.....

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
cawright1375 said:
Black Dog and Ned Worthy bring up the key point in this argument, which everyone else (including the journalists) seems to be glossing over. The form which both the tester and LA signed had a section where it was asked if the test went okay or if there were problems. Now if the form says nothing out of the ordinary happened, why now well over a month after the fact are we hearing about LAs behavior? Most of you'll recall the twitter feed and subsequent articles about his hair being taken.

Regardless of who is being tested, the form was signed off indicating the test went as it should have. And if the tester was as experienced as we have been told and something happened that should not have, why would he have signed the form okay? Given that it was LA being tested you'd think that both parties would have made sure to make certain everything was done according to standards.

The info about nothing being amiss on the report both signed is coming from Armstrong. He's already said the tester was fine with him showering which doesn't seem to be the way the tester saw it. So you really can't be sure that nothing was noted on the antidoping form.

Yes, I was wondering how some people appeared to know that the tester had signed off the test as OK.
If it's LA's twitter, well, again, I'd say wait and see.

It's an interesting point, re the bio passport and the number of tests the UCI have run.
If folks want to run with the, "24 tests means someone is out to get him." theory, they should be aware this would have to be the UCI.

That's the same UCI who waved the rules and gave him special treatment, by allowing him to ride the Tour Down Under, having not complied with the 6 months monitoring/testing bio passport protocol.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
known ways dopers cheat tests going back to Willy Voet in the 1990s.
They go way further back than that. Michel Pollentier was tossed from the '78 Tour while in the for smuggling someone else's urine into the control. And there are other instances.

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
mikeNphilly said:
I've never believed Lance was doping before, and still don't, until he fails a drug test. But, he broke a written rule here, no matter how small it seems, alot can be done in 20 min to alter outcomes of one's test. Whatever punishment he gets, he brought onto himself.

:eek: What flavor of koolaid do you enjoy drinking?

Ah, I guess all the NFL players and MLB players that are never caught are clean too.

Keep drinking.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
So now we have a situation where any rider approached for a test can just b*gger off for half an hour and do whatever he likes because Pat McQuaid says it's OK. If that's what 'reasonable people' believe I'm so glad not to be one of them.

Otherwise I'll take that post as satire in which case it's hilarious.

Whoever has links to the facsimiles of these papers where the tester has signed everything off as OK then please post them. Otherwise we only have Armstrong's word for it and I'd like to reserve judgement on the veracity of what he has to say until we see the forms.