• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lances retirement/ or suspension time served?

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else think there might be a connection between Lance Armstrong "retiring" for a period of years and the UCI 2 year doping ban? Possibly he did test positive and it was covered up due to his generous donations, as long as he voluntarily "retired" for a couple years? I mean, he has done so much for the sport ($$$$$), as well as inspired so many people that it would be devastating if he was to actually to get caught doping right? The bottom line is money, not whats right or wrong!!! I know I can handle the truth, can YOU?

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
happychappy said:
Aliens didn't crash their flying saucer in Roswell, it was just Lance Armstrong playing with his weather balloon.

You take that back. I believe in aliens in Roswell (and Katherine Heigl & Shiri Appleby in the TV show). It's the other guy who's the myth, and I hope this thread ends up in Area 51. :cool:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
jonnywadd said:
Does anyone else think there might be a connection between Lance Armstrong "retiring" for a period of years and the UCI 2 year doping ban? Possibly he did test positive and it was covered up due to his generous donations, as long as he voluntarily "retired" for a couple years? I mean, he has done so much for the sport ($$$$$), as well as inspired so many people that it would be devastating if he was to actually to get caught doping right? The bottom line is money, not whats right or wrong!!! I know I can handle the truth, can YOU?
nope. Explain Vrijmen, the cover-ups etc. The UCI and StrongArm were tied to the hip.

StrongArm retired, cos he did not think he could beat Basso.

StrongArm thought he could beat Sastre, Evans, Vande Velde.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
He was suggesting he was retiring for about a year before he did I think?

I thought he stuck around to secure the Discovery Channel sponsorship.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i got the impression it was ego, he wanted number 8, he has/had the UCI in the palm of his hand cera is a kicka s s PED and he is the king of PED regimes...cement LA into cycling history for ever and make the cancer thing bigger than jesus at the same time and ensure the big incomes after cycling.....

or am i too cynical...:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS