• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis Attacks Vaughters

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
euanli said:
http://www.versus.com/blogs/the-experts-opinion/the-inside-story-of-matt-whites-firing/

Looks like Landis is now going after Vaughters and Wiggins. Calling for Vaughters to be suspended from cycling and claiming Wiggins' 2009 TDF blood profile is similar to his in 2006. I'm starting to be a bit confused what Landis' priorities are now.

interesting.
Remember Wiggins recently dismissing Landis as a liar and psychopath?
Apparently Wiggins had seen this one coming.

A

Anonymous

@Cathwiggins1981
I reserve severe profanity for occasions such as this,for which I apologise,but Landis,you are a vindictive poisonous little ****.There.

Oh Floyd...

"But more importantly JV (Jonathan Vaughters)would not have been allowed to go on to develop USPS version 2.0 behind the facade of the "clean team" mantra."

Firing with both barrels, I see.

And he repeatedly calls him 'Wiggens'! Of course 'Wigans' would have been lovelier, but oh well, you take small pleasures where you can.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
@Cathwiggins1981
I reserve severe profanity for occasions such as this,for which I apologise,but Landis,you are a vindictive poisonous little ****.There.

I agree with that but there' no freaking way Wiggins is riding on just carb energy drinks and a cans of cola.

euanli said:
I'm starting to be a bit confused what Landis' priorities are now.

What do you mean? should he only be focusing on big bad lance?

He is right to call out those who dope in the peloton and i am glad that hes doing it. Wiggins beat Frank "I dont know how that money ended up in Fuentes's account" Schleck, and Andreas "Freiberg" Kloeden.

He came from being a track rider to matching Lance "ferrari" Armstrong, Andrew " Franks brother" Schleck, and Alberto "VO2 record" Contador in the mountains.

Its wrong to accuse people of doping based on performances? Didnt stop Wigo from pointing out that he "knew" Vino was doping just from his tt performance.

Still hope Wiggins does well in 2011 though. Hes on my cq team;)

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
interestingly she did not call him a liar....
True, but by calling him a See You Next Tuesday I think it's a given that he's labelled a liar too.

By firing off at other people after saying that he was bowing out he undermines any credibility he had left. Up until this I had him down as wanting to put things right. Now I wonder whether he is just plain bitter and out to pull anyone down.

ultimobici said:
True, but by calling him a See You Next Tuesday I think it's a given that he's labelled a liar too.

By firing off at other people after saying that he was bowing out he undermines any credibility he had left. Up until this I had him down as wanting to put things right. Now I wonder whether he is just plain bitter and out to pull anyone down.
Who cares, anyway? If Garmin is a UCI-sanctioned fraud this is bigger than LA.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh but I thought Wiggins managed to do so well because of the TTT and Astana soft pedalling? There never seems to be too much constancy when it comes to arguing about Wiggins. That said his performance looks suspicious, but I would describe my suspicion to be runny rather than firm. If he was doping I'd expect an as strong performance getting him into the top 10.

With regards to Landis, I thought his motives were to clear his conscious and to expose the system that got him into doping. Revealing the info he has on Armstrong and USPS, his own doping and the UCI does that. If he was being consistent he wouldn't have criticised the SI article. And here he is attacking Wiggins and Vaughters after Wiggins has made some comments about him a few days prior. If anything it gives his detractors more ammo to fire back at him

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ultimobici said:

actually i got that she called him a ____________

but saying he is a liar would be more important than the above.

i am impressed that Landis is going after them. no one came out of the peloton and said well done Floyd, so they are all legitimate targets, especially those that criticised Landis.

Kimmage said that the riders in the peloton can no longer keep quiet about the doping and i agree. if they want a dope free peloton speak up.

Think it's good that someone is willing to come out and speak against dopers. Think the last person I remember doing so was Yoann Offredo.

Wonder what Wiggins will have to say about this.

euanli said:
That said his performance looks suspicious, but I would describe my suspicion to be runny rather than firm.

Come on, if Wiggins' performance doesn't arouse strong suspicion then I don't know what does.

A

Anonymous

If you actually read it there arent really any allegations in there. he says that what bothered him was the uci said there was a reason for the peak. Could well be that hes just ****ed that the uci didnt explain away his peak.

storm in a teacup if you ask me.

the twitter hipocrasy is interesting though. Applaud landis when he takes a pop at lance, slate him when he takes a pop at a brit. fascinating.

Why is the title of the article 'The Inside Story of Matt White's Firing'?

And the peak was a result of using a different testing machine? Seeing as the number is way off, it looks like that machine wasn't calibrated properly, which is kinda disturbing.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
euanli said:
When has that ever stopped the Clinic.

If we'd do a poll right here, I estimate a good 80% of the Clinic posters will assume Wiggins is a doper, and Landis is just spelling common sense.
When has 80% of the Clinic posters ever been proven wrong?

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Landis has zero credibility. Accusing an ever-increasing number of riders of doping makes him a miserable fool. What does the guy do to pay the bills these days? Shouldn't he be focusing on moving forward with his life?

TeamSkyFans said:

keuf5w.png

A

Anonymous

oh i thought you meant the thread. thats my thick point earned for the day. :D

I think Armstrong just asked Fabiani to send Floyd a case of Michelob Ultra. This takes the attention off him, even if just for a bit.

I want to see these e-mail(s) Floyd is talking about, until then I will try (and it will be very hard) not to pass judgment on the psychology of Floyd Landis.

Must be a rough day in casa de Vaughters.

A

Anonymous

warmfuzzies said:
Landis has zero credibility. Accusing an ever-increasing number of riders of doping makes him a miserable fool. What does the guy do to pay the bills these days? Shouldn't he be focusing on moving forward with his life?

yawn :D :D

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
It's good to see that Floyd has spent the last few years acquiring a PhD in haematology. It'll help him get a career.

I'm assuming he must have academic qualifications to be making such informed statements, right. Obviously, he has must have seen plenty of blood profiles other than his own, so he'll know exactly what a clean rider's data should look like.

On the other hand, he's such an expert he can't even spell Wiggins's name properly.

TRENDING THREADS