• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis = fraud

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
You lied. We believed you. You fought it. We supported you. You took money for your legal fund because we believed in you. You should be arrested for fraud. Why didn't you just admit it then, instead of spending all your money, taking us all through the wringer supporting you in appeal after appeal, and writing a book to get sympathy? How can we ever believe another word you say?

LIAR!

:mad:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
gullible much,

you folks wanted to believe. Anyone but a fly by nighter 1999 fan, would have known that you dont win the Tour on bread and water.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
jayjaynng said:
You lied. We believed you. You fought it. We supported you. You took money for your legal fund because we believed in you. You should be arrested for fraud. Why didn't you just admit it then, instead of spending all your money, taking us all through the wringer supporting you in appeal after appeal, and writing a book to get sympathy? How can we ever believe another word you say?

LIAR!

He's human . If you have no empathy for another human being, you're no better than he is.

What's the old saying . . . . people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ...... ?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Wait until the pressure gets too great on any of the implicated parties. It may be fantasy but more likely a continued tragedy. Since you are just an observer you shouldn't take it so seriously.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
lostintime said:
He's human . If you have no empathy for another human being, you're no better than he is.

What's the old saying . . . . people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ...... ?

"Glass Trailers", as the case may be

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
gullible much,

you folks wanted to believe. Anyone but a fly by nighter 1999 fan, would have known that you dont win the Tour on bread and water.

But wait. FL says he didn't dope to the testing he failed. What exactly can you believe from this guy?

Of course he's telling the truth. It's human nature to cover-up one's tracks as they say. Nobody's a saint. He behaved as he could get away with it then. Nothing surprising.

In any event I'll bet he got sick of all the bad press, sleeping on the couch, and somebody didn't make the payment that was owed him.

A

Anonymous

jayjaynng said:

LIAR!

I knew he was lying then. A sucker and his money are soon parted. Sucks for you.

As for today, the detail he gives leads me to believe that he is being honest.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
jayjaynng said:

LIAR!

Wake up fanboy. If you can't see why he's gone the route he has, you either don't understand human nature/cycling, or need to get off your lithium.

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Postal/Discovery/Astana/Shack

I guess my question is how can Postal/Discovery/Astana/Shack be so much better at doping than everyone else?

I mean, after working for Postal/Discovery Hamilton, Landis, Heras, Beltran etc... get busted for doping but nothing when on the team. How could one organization be so much better at coverning it than the other teams?

I am truly puzzled by this.

Any thoughts (other than lame personal attacks calling me an idiot or other names)?

How could the Bruneel teams be that much better so as to avoid detection?

You know it's really entertaining that all the morons that sent him money for his defence got swindled. It's kind of like ironic justice.

Stupid people every now and then, though extremely rarely, have to pay for their stupidity. Brilliant!

jayjaynng said:

LIAR!

More importantly, why do you chose now to start disbelieving him?
Give it up. There's only so much room in the stupid house.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
gullible much,

I believed him and every word out of Arnie Baker's mouth for many months after the tdf. Stage 17 is largely what planted the seed of my interest in pro cycling. You don't just turn around 72 hours later and say that the legendary performance was just a lie. It isn't that easy.

I eventually came to know the truth, not just about Floyd but about cycling in general. If there is anything fraudulent, it is the belief that the next 3 guys on the podium were any cleaner than Floyd.

Yes, I also agree that Floyd's coming clean is a day late and a dollar short, but I get the impression that the OP is calling him a fraud because this (further) sullies the reputation of whoever it is that he likes.

I wish it was all clean, just as much as the OP. It just ain't so, and it isn't ever likely to be so and may never have been so. I am over that and still love it. You wanna call me a fool? Go right ahead. I am still going to love it.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Squares said:
I guess my question is how can Postal/Discovery/Astana/Shack be so much better at doping than everyone else?

I mean, after working for Postal/Discovery Hamilton, Landis, Heras, Beltran etc... get busted for doping but nothing when on the team. How could one organization be so much better at coverning it than the other teams?

Any thoughts (other than lame personal attacks calling me an idiot or other names)?

Doesn't the assertion by Floyd that McQuaid is in their back pocket answer that question?

jayjaynng said:

LIAR!

A fool and his money are soon parted. If you were stupid enough to donate to the FFF, you're a FFF'in idiot and deserved to lose your $$$.

Cry me a river.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
But wait. FL says he didn't dope to the testing he failed. What exactly can you believe from this guy?

Yes, that will be the defense of those he accused. Obviously. Keen grasp of the obvious there! :D

Had Floyd been prescient enough to see the sihtstorm awaiting him, maybe he would have at the time, but he thought he could get out of it as easily as when he was USPS.

But for some reason, the UCI holds non-usps/disco riders to a different standard. He didn't know what that difference would amount to.... Weiiirddd....:rolleyes:

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
jayjaynng said:
LIAR!

you really believed him :eek:?

ed rader

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:

Floyd is not the first to indicate a special relationship b/w Bruyneel and the UCI honchos (McQuaid and Verbruggen). There are allegations out there of pay-offs...Landis indiates a specific pay-off in wake of a Lance epo-positive in the Tour de Suisse.

In any case the UCI being corrupt seems like the best explanation for why Bruyneel's team members always escape detection despite being on the margins or all sorts of doping scandals. It's actually funny when you look at how riders do after leaving Bruyneel...so many of them (Landis, Heras, Beltran, and so on) end up getting busted and end their careers on suspension.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess it says something about the personality that made him a pro level bike racer, he's tenacious and doesn't give up.. I never would have done all that work to try and prove myself innocent if I was actually guilty, I would have been like "ahhh shucks, game over man game over." But to keep lying and lying and lying to everyone, that's hard work... It would have torn me apart and sent me to a mental asylum a long time ago, lol. I believe LA has the right personality traits to be a serial killer, he is mentally indomitable, all the lying never getting to him.

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
jayjaynng said:

LIAR!

Denying doping is the standard procedure in these cases. He was a part of a culture and acting accordingly. What he has said now is unexpected. Nothing personal to gain by saying this and start this storm of ****. That is why you should believe him now.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Landis ssaid he had to speak up now, if not now, never. Wrong. He's off by a couple of years. His time to come clean was no less than 3 years ago. He should have stayed with the never. He's a scum and an idiot.

the vagabond said:
Landis ssaid he had to speak up now, if not now, never. Wrong. He's off by a couple of years. His time to come clean was no less than 3 years ago. He should have stayed with the never. He's a scum and an idiot.

You do realize your reasoning suports the omertà that's the real problem, not those who, in speaking out, are talking things in the right direction.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
You do realize your reasoning suports the omertà that's the real problem, not those who, in speaking out, are talking things in the right direction.

To be honest, I don't see the problem. Lots of guys bend the rules, the more you bend the rules the more likely you get caught; and the more you win, the more likely you get caught. Dope-free, perfect systems are for theoreticians and idealists.

I didn't like cycling any less in the days of Pantani, Jalabert, Museeuw, and Tchmil.

Landis is helping no one, and, as he'll discover, not even himself.

TRENDING THREADS