Landis speaks on German television...

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2009
2,499
0
0
Landis was just interviewed on a public access station in Poland. He says that lots of guys have been using DMSO and excessive toothpaste. Also he was asked how he was able to get all his team mate's chamois so clean and dry..he didn't say anything and just smiled. He was also asked if he liked keilbasa and he winked at one of the reporters
 
fatandfast said:
Landis was just interviewed on a public access station in Poland. He says that lots of guys have been using DMSO and excessive toothpaste. Also he was asked how he was able to get all his team mate's chamois so clean and dry..he didn't say anything and just smiled. He was also asked if he liked keilbasa and he winked at one of the reporters
mmm interesting. Do you know what station, or have a link. Thanks.
 
MadonePro said:
And yes, I believe this is a waste of money and time, and fuels all the negative cycling stories out there, instead of moving on, we're constantly dragged into the doping scandals.
Wasted money like this recovered $3 billion from the False Claims Act last year. The previous year it was $2.4B. The more money "wasting" like this, the better.

Most of the cases resulting in recovered funds were brought to the government by whistleblowers, according to the Justice Department. The act lets whistleblowers press fraud claims on behalf of the federal government and then share in any recovery.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-22/u-s-fraud-settlements-in-government-cases-are-about-3-billion.html
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
0
0
a simple question - did landis say anything new or shed any new light re doping on usp/discovery ?

i heard nothing i did not read before..
 
Here is a link to a written summary of the Landis interview on Stade2. Interesting that they highlight the clenbuterol story, then Landis' doubts about the honesty of McQuaid/Verdruggen/UCI, then a few washed out comments on the systematic team doping on USPS. The way they are backtracking on the Landis comments either they are scared of Armstrong or they regret running the piece in the first place given their usual fanboy attitude. Or both.

http://sport.francetv.fr/cyclisme/45720-landis-enfonce-contador-et-armstrong

No Python, nothing new to regular visitors to these forums. We are not the main audience though so certainly something new for the average viewer.
 
python said:
a simple question - did landis say anything new or shed any new light re doping on usp/discovery ?

i heard nothing i did not read before..
Yes.

This part had not been released before:

He also spoke about a specific incident when he alleges a transfusion involving several riders was carried out on the morning of the first Alpine stage in the 2004 Tour de France. That took the riders 180 kilometres from Valreas to Villard de Lans, saw a long-distance attack by Jan Ullrich and was ultimately won by Armstrong.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6534/Landis-describes-alleged-US-Postal-Service-doping-incident-during-2004-Tour.aspx#ixzz16eoPI8al
 
thehog said:
Yes.

This part had not been released before:

He also spoke about a specific incident when he alleges a transfusion involving several riders was carried out on the morning of the first Alpine stage in the 2004 Tour de France. That took the riders 180 kilometres from Valreas to Villard de Lans, saw a long-distance attack by Jan Ullrich and was ultimately won by Armstrong.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6534/Landis-describes-alleged-US-Postal-Service-doping-incident-during-2004-Tour.aspx#ixzz16eoPI8al
That's interesting. I thought transfusions were done on rest days (or the day before a rest day) because the body needs time to adapt and get the benefits, so they wouldn't have felt much during that first stage.
 
thehog said:
Yes.

This part had not been released before:

He also spoke about a specific incident when he alleges a transfusion involving several riders was carried out on the morning of the first Alpine stage in the 2004 Tour de France. That took the riders 180 kilometres from Valreas to Villard de Lans, saw a long-distance attack by Jan Ullrich and was ultimately won by Armstrong.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6534/Landis-describes-alleged-US-Postal-Service-doping-incident-during-2004-Tour.aspx#ixzz16eoPI8al
I assumed this was the doping in the broken down bus incident that he had already referred to, with more specifics (actual stage).
 
frenchfry said:
I assumed this was the doping in the broken down bus incident that he had already referred to, with more specifics (actual stage).
Broken down bus incident was post stage. This was before a stage. The bus incident was always thought as a "one off". Looks like the bus was the centre of the transfusions as it was a private and enclosed area.

Of course Lance was the only one not doping! ;)
 
Oct 29, 2009
2,578
0
0
frenchfry said:
I assumed this was the doping in the broken down bus incident that he had already referred to, with more specifics (actual stage).
When Landis said

There was always a way to invoke a problem with the bus, others could not see inside.....It was routine, there was no debate to be made.

it sounded to me that he was adding, more as an explanatory afterthought, that the bus had come handy for this procedure more often than just on that particular stage. Invoked from time to time kinda thing.
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
0
0
thehog said:
Broken down bus incident was post stage. This was before a stage. The bus incident was always thought as a "one off". Looks like the bus was the centre of the transfusions as it was a private and enclosed area.

Of course Lance was the only one not doping! ;)
'priciate ! this does appear as the new public info - we have the specific date, time, description of the circumstances, and i am sure the names of the riders involved.

id pay 100 euros for seeing hincapie's face during a session with novi :D
 
python said:
'priciate ! this does appear as the new public info - we have the specific date, time, description of the circumstances, and i am sure the names of the riders involved.

id pay 100 euros for seeing hincapie's face during a session with novi :D
Poor old Jan. He never stood a chance. 9 Postal riders all with a transfusion that morning. He took them all on but never stood a chance. Armstrong deprived us of some very good racing. I have to say Ullrich was 10 x the athlete Armstrong ever was. No wonder Jan has withdrawn.
 
well - Jan was doping too, so I guess it was not really depriving us of great racing.

as much as I do beleive Lance (and the rest of the team) were on PED's ... using the team bus is a pretty risky venture.

- firstly they have to have all the equipment (drugs, infusion sets etc) on board which is a pretty risky thing. And the remnants to get off the bus when they get wherever .... again, risky. No deniability if they are caught, which is something these types of 'systematic' programs usually insist on.

- secondly the bus is pretty famous all around France during July - parked on the side of the road with a breakdown would be commented on ... would involve people along to 'help', to want to interview them, peering in windows etc. Big risk.

- thirdly if it happened often, that would be commented on too.

- fourthly that would mean a LOT more people would be 'in the know'. Soigneurs, the bus driver, the mechanic (who was supposedly fixing the bus at least) .... other staff to get them ready earlier etc. Why havent more of them stepped forward.

As much as I beleive they did it .... Floyd's credibility leaves a lot to be desired.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
thehog said:
Poor old Jan. He never stood a chance. 9 Postal riders all with a transfusion that morning. He took them all on but never stood a chance. Armstrong deprived us of some very good racing. I have to say Ullrich was 10 x the athlete Armstrong ever was. No wonder Jan has withdrawn.
I agree than Ullrich was better than Pharmastrong, but i imagine Jan has accepted it for what i was and moved on! He is hardly innocent in the 90s high speed world of epo.
 
AussieGoddess said:
well - Jan was doping too, so I guess it was not really depriving us of great racing.

as much as I do beleive Lance (and the rest of the team) were on PED's ... using the team bus is a pretty risky venture.

- firstly they have to have all the equipment (drugs, infusion sets etc) on board which is a pretty risky thing. And the remnants to get off the bus when they get wherever .... again, risky. No deniability if they are caught, which is something these types of 'systematic' programs usually insist on.

- secondly the bus is pretty famous all around France during July - parked on the side of the road with a breakdown would be commented on ... would involve people along to 'help', to want to interview them, peering in windows etc. Big risk.

- thirdly if it happened often, that would be commented on too.

- fourthly that would mean a LOT more people would be 'in the know'. Soigneurs, the bus driver, the mechanic (who was supposedly fixing the bus at least) .... other staff to get them ready earlier etc. Why havent more of them stepped forward.

As much as I beleive they did it .... Floyd's credibility leaves a lot to be desired.
Agreed but remember Armstrong had about 6-7 Bodyguards. We thought they were there to protect him from autograph hunters but they were there to stop the team bus being invaded by journalists. I'm sure the UCI testers were fully aware when they were about to transfuse and wouldn't come near the bus.

Question is how did they get ride of the IV paraphernalia? I assume Duffy dumped it enroute to the stage finish.

I should add mechanics etc are the least paid in the cycling world and it’s a thankless job. No way they will come forward because they’ll never work in ProCycling again. And its better to work in procycling as mechanic than at your local bike store fixing children’s bikes!
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
AussieGoddess said:
well - Jan was doping too, so I guess it was not really depriving us of great racing.

as much as I do beleive Lance (and the rest of the team) were on PED's ... using the team bus is a pretty risky venture.
why the hotels were where it was expected they would PED

AussieGoddess said:
- firstly they have to have all the equipment (drugs, infusion sets etc) on board which is a pretty risky thing. And the remnants to get off the bus when they get wherever .... again, risky. No deniability if they are caught, which is something these types of 'systematic' programs usually insist on.
depends how they set it up. 9 riders need 9 transfusions kits, all probably fitting in a nice small box. i imagine secret compartments were designed into the bus.

AussieGoddess said:
- secondly the bus is pretty famous all around France during July - parked on the side of the road with a breakdown would be commented on ... would involve people along to 'help', to want to interview them, peering in windows etc. Big risk..
you forget Landis is not going into all the details. he gave enough to the media to paint Pharmstrong as the doper he is.

they could have pulled into plenty of places out of sight, pre arranged and discreet.

AussieGoddess said:
- thirdly if it happened often, that would be commented on too.
by whom?

AussieGoddess said:
- fourthly that would mean a LOT more people would be 'in the know'. Soigneurs, the bus driver, the mechanic (who was supposedly fixing the bus at least) .... other staff to get them ready earlier etc. Why havent more of them stepped forward.
most still work in the industry, why expect them to hang themselves and lose all chance of working in pro cycling. LA is not the first doper to be caught. Willy Voets book is full of stories. LA's former masseuse talked to Walsh.

AussieGoddess said:
As much as I beleive they did it .... Floyd's credibility leaves a lot to be desired.
Floyd's credibility is so low that the the Feds are travelling the world* investigating his claims;)

* i imagine they have been to NZ to interview Stephen Swart.
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
1
0
Watched the clip finally. Nothing new.
Gollum Seppelt is a coward that concentrates on his favorite victim which is cycling.
He stopped investigating Russian and other countries doping (skiing,Biathlon, x-country...) because of some deaththreats by mafia. Ohhhhhh
Back to cycling - easy money for him. His treasure....

I'll never forgive him that he joined beartrapping Jan @Beckmann in January 2007.
Bah,bah,bah - dirty journalism. And he felt like a hero during and after that interview - stepping on Jan. But Jan let him live and interview wasn't cutted.

Hot discussion there. Again Ulle was too nice.

Gollum travelling again - with my GEZ money for that ****ty interview with Floydieleaks.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
AussieGoddess said:
well - Jan was doping too, so I guess it was not really depriving us of great racing.

as much as I do beleive Lance (and the rest of the team) were on PED's ... using the team bus is a pretty risky venture.

- firstly they have to have all the equipment (drugs, infusion sets etc) on board which is a pretty risky thing. And the remnants to get off the bus when they get wherever .... again, risky. No deniability if they are caught, which is something these types of 'systematic' programs usually insist on.

- secondly the bus is pretty famous all around France during July - parked on the side of the road with a breakdown would be commented on ... would involve people along to 'help', to want to interview them, peering in windows etc. Big risk.

- thirdly if it happened often, that would be commented on too.

- fourthly that would mean a LOT more people would be 'in the know'. Soigneurs, the bus driver, the mechanic (who was supposedly fixing the bus at least) .... other staff to get them ready earlier etc. Why havent more of them stepped forward.

As much as I beleive they did it .... Floyd's credibility leaves a lot to be desired.
I was at the Tour that year. It was commented on as I clearly remember laughing about their bus breaking down. I think Velonews even had a mention
 
It may be odd that no mechanics have talked about this, but then again no matter how you look at it it is odd that so few insiders have spoken. Mechanics, riders, doctors, soigneurs, DS's... There's been many people working in pro cycling in the last 20 years, and many people who are done with pro cycling, and yet very few have revealed anything. It's complicated. It's not just about not being able to work in pro cycling again, it's also perceived as betraying your old friends and mates. Statistically it's odd, but of course it's not a sign that nothing happened.
 
AussieGoddess said:
As much as I beleive they did it .... Floyd's credibility leaves a lot to be desired.
I may be wrong (after all those years memories are quite hazy or even wishfull thinking), but didn´t Prentice Steffen mention those "on the bus" -transfusions too?
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
hrotha said:
It may be odd that no mechanics have talked about this, but then again no matter how you look at it it is odd that so few insiders have spoken. Mechanics, riders, doctors, soigneurs, DS's... There's been many people working in pro cycling in the last 20 years, and many people who are done with pro cycling, and yet very few have revealed anything. It's complicated. It's not just about not being able to work in pro cycling again, it's also perceived as betraying your old friends and mates. Statistically it's odd, but of course it's not a sign that nothing happened.
most of them get where they get due to links, so if your not a bike mechanic on a pro team more than likely you have your own shop with a pro connection, masseuse the same..
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
Der_Gestreifte said:
I may be wrong (after all those years memories are quite hazy or even wishfull thinking), but didn´t Prentice Steffen mention those "on the bus" -transfusions too?
No, Prentice was long gone by then.
 
Mar 19, 2009
941
0
0
Race Radio said:
Ok, now you have me confused. The investigation into Armstrong and his buddies is a waste of taxpayer money but an investigation of Landis is a good use of funds?
When Landis has confessed and thrown his lot in with the good guys?

The fanboys' world gets weirder by the minute.
 
hrotha said:
It may be odd that no mechanics have talked about this, but then again no matter how you look at it it is odd that so few insiders have spoken. Mechanics, riders, doctors, soigneurs, DS's... There's been many people working in pro cycling in the last 20 years, and many people who are done with pro cycling, and yet very few have revealed anything. It's complicated. It's not just about not being able to work in pro cycling again, it's also perceived as betraying your old friends and mates. Statistically it's odd, but of course it's not a sign that nothing happened.
Rumour has it that Armstrong gives big bonuses and expensive gifts to those who speak out about his dirty little secrets.

For starters we can ask Texpat to confirm.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS