• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis speaks on German television...

Here is the link to the cyclingnews.com article, and below is the pertinent quote from the article-

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landis-suggests-that-clenbuterol-is-common-in-peloton

Doping at US Postal Service and Phonak-

Landis also spoke about his doping experiences during the time he rode for US Postal Service Team and Phonak.

“It is easy to take anabolics, whether it is testosterone, growth hormone or something like that, and EPO, and to make a blood transfusions. You can easily do all of that without getting caught, and we routinely did it.”

Specifically asked whether his then teammates also did this, Landis answered, “Every person and me, who took part in the races that Lance won, did it.”

So, from the list of who Landis rode with on those TdF teams we can speculate as to who could have been interviewed.

Floyd also spoke about clenbutarol use in the peloton. I would not be surprised if most of the peloton have moved on from this practice in the 4-plus years Landis has been away from the peloton. With the tighter controls that are in place it would seem harder to get away with nowadays.

The other comments he made about the UCI playing favorites is pretty much obvious to anyone who follows racing. Just see who comes quickly back into the fold and who are kept out after their bans have been served and a pattern emerges that all is not fair with banned riders and the UCI.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
He was on French TV today as well. Nice double shot

Clen is a great drug to take when you are trying to make weight in the run up to a GT. Easy to take when you get advanced notice of surprise testing.

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
When oh when are we going to hear the end from this guy!

When all the investigating is done, will this company (cyclingnews) and the people here vying for blood, support with the same fevour, the investigation into Floyd Landis.

Surely if the current investigation into doping finds nothing to charge people with. Surely the people of this forum will support true diligence and accept the result?

And surely Mr Landis will be charged with obtaining financial reward by deceit, amongst many other charges.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Clen is a great drug to take when you are trying to make weight in the run up to a GT.

It's also handy when you need to be ready for your close-up

6a00d83451b18a69e201127913b03528a4-320wi

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
That ARD interview will be telecast later today - I had the link to the website and excerpts there.

I'm having a few issues with translations news agencies are using. I ran the original German through both Google and Babelfish, and from that Landis said that he knew guys had used it in the past, and talked about the odds of getting caught today.

But AFP sites and some others are saying that he knows guys in the peloton using it today. If that was the case, why wouldn't he find a way to expose them since he wants to clean up the sport. But how would he even do that, since he and the UCI aren't on each other's Christmas card lists?

Race Radio - did he do the French interview in person? I'm wondering because of his alleged hacking situation.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro said:
When oh when are we going to hear the end from this guy!

When all the investigating is done, will this company (cyclingnews) and the people here vying for blood, support with the same fevour, the investigation into Floyd Landis.

Surely if the current investigation into doping finds nothing to charge people with. Surely the people of this forum will support true diligence and accept the result?

And surely Mr Landis will be charged with obtaining financial reward by deceit, amongst many other charges.

Ok, now you have me confused. The investigation into Armstrong and his buddies is a waste of taxpayer money but an investigation of Landis is a good use of funds?

If it helps you deal with your grief then by all means continue pretending that Novitzky will find nothing. You have another few weeks of this fantasy, enjoy them.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Race Radio - did he do the French interview in person? I'm wondering because of his alleged hacking situation.

The French interview was not done in France, it was in California. The German one was also done in California. They are dedicating 12 minutes to it, normal segments are 3-4 minutes. They also talk with Don Catlin who sticks up for Lance, thinks he was clean. Great lab guy but outside of that world he is easily duped. His limited understanding of bio markers and power only enhance this.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
MadonePro said:

Luckily there won't be much need for this question in the near future. And there's a big difference between innocence and not having enough evidence to convict. But when an FDA investigator, the FBI Special Agent, etc., spends a couple of days with Interpol talking to police and agencies from four countries, there's something there. And the AFLD had all the Tour de France samples stored from 2000 & 2001 to go with the ones from 1999.

And as far as the "investigation" of Landis is concerned - he's already confessed to everything, in detail, handing over evidence against himself. He also came forward when he did because he wanted to do so before the Statute Of Limitations kicked in to protect him for anything. If he gets punished, I'm cool with it. I he wins money in the Whistleblower suit, he plans to reimburse all the people who contributed to his defense fund. It's all out in the open, which is why there's no real reason for anger against him.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Ok, now you have me confused. The investigation into Armstrong and his buddies is a waste of taxpayer money but an investigation of Landis is a good use of funds?

If it helps you deal with your grief then by all means continue pretending that Novitzky will find nothing. You have another few weeks of this fantasy, enjoy them.

batman_pow.jpg

may I be your Robin?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
He was on French TV today as well. Nice double shot

Clen is a great drug to take when you are trying to make weight in the run up to a GT. Easy to take when you get advanced notice of surprise testing.

Nice double money for Floyt.

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

I'll enjoy them, and when the outcome is published, i'll accept the decision and move on, will you all?

And yes, I believe this is a waste of money and time, and fuels all the negative cycling stories out there, instead of moving on, we're constantly dragged into the doping scandals.
What all the great things happening out there, nope, let's report the negative stuff.

And no I don't support wasting money on Landis, yet it will only be fair, if his allegations are proven to be mere fantasies in his otherwise boring Mennonite life.
Surely deceiving people out of money to contribute to his cause, when by his own admission, he lied, is something throwing the book at him for.
If it was you or I, we'd feel the impact of the law.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro said:
I'll enjoy them, and when the outcome is published, i'll accept the decision and move on, will you all?

And yes, I believe this is a waste of money and time, and fuels all the negative cycling stories out there, instead of moving on, we're constantly dragged into the doping scandals.
What all the great things happening out there, nope, let's report the negative stuff.

And no I don't support wasting money on Landis, yet it will only be fair, if his allegations are proven to be mere fantasies in his otherwise boring Mennonite life.
Surely deceiving people out of money to contribute to his cause, when by his own admission, he lied, is something throwing the book at him for.

We get it, you would prefer to ignore the issue. Pretend it does not exist. Sweep it under the rug. We tried that, it did not work.

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
theswordsman said:
But when an FDA investigator, the FBI Special Agent, etc., spends a couple of days with Interpol talking to police and agencies from four countries, there's something there. And the AFLD had all the Tour de France samples stored from 2000 & 2001 to go with the ones from 1999.

Unless of course you work for the above (which you won't, because you wouldn't be in a forum), your knowledge of what the AFLD have or have not, is utter nonsense.

It comes as no surprise to me, that the organisations investigating this matter, are being thorough. That is part of the process, you know, find the truth, eliminate inaccuracies and lies, and examine all the evidence provided, and come to a mature, considered decision, based on that.

Shame most in here cannot understand that concept.

Personally, I couldn't care whether Lance et al are found to be cheating, my concern is that people are treated properly and decently.
Is it fair that lives and careers can be ruined because of this?

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
We get it, you would prefer to ignore the issue. Pretend it does not exist. Sweep it under the rug. We tried that, it did not work.

No I don't. But just like the trash that is called Newspapers, the cycling media is doing all it can to fuel this for longer.
Cycling News lead everyday, with another doping angle, Cycling Weekly's editor leads his own personal vendatta, probably cos no British rider will ever win the TDF.

Why does news always have to be 'Bad News'.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro said:

If something's not right, and is something we should just ignore anyway, you think it's only fair to universalise the bad thing? My mom used to say 'two wrongs don't make a right'...I guess she was way off.

What have you got against Mennonites? I got sold bad blow by one once, doesn't mean they're all bad...

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro said:
No I don't. But just like the trash that is called Newspapers, the cycling media is doing all it can to fuel this for longer.
Cycling News lead everyday, with another doping angle, Cycling Weekly's editor leads his own personal vendatta, probably cos no British rider will ever win the TDF.

You are saying they should ignore the doping issue, got it. That has been tried and it does not work, it only makes it worse.

Don't blame the messenger, they are not sticking needles in their arms.

MadonePro said:
Unless of course you work for the above (which you won't, because you wouldn't be in a forum), your knowledge of what the AFLD have or have not, is utter nonsense.

It comes as no surprise to me, that the organisations investigating this matter, are being thorough. That is part of the process, you know, find the truth, eliminate inaccuracies and lies, and examine all the evidence provided, and come to a mature, considered decision, based on that.

Shame most in here cannot understand that concept.

Personally, I couldn't care whether Lance et al are found to be cheating, my concern is that people are treated properly and decently. Is it fair that lives and careers can be ruined because of this?

:D....you're a bit of a comedian.

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
CycloErgoSum said:
If something's not right, and is something we should just ignore anyway, you think it's only fair to universalise the bad thing? My mom used to say 'two wrongs don't make a right'...I guess she was way off.

What have you got against Mennonites? I got sold bad blow by one once, doesn't mean they're all bad...

I agree with you, fair would be tit for tat. By why is he not being charged?

As for the 'Mennonite' comment, I said boring, not bad. By definition of todays society, the Mennonite lifestyle is boring...

MadonePro said:

Head, sand, springs to mind.

MadonePro said:
Personally, I couldn't care whether Lance et al are found to be cheating, my concern is that people are treated properly and decently.
Is it fair that lives and careers can be ruined because of this?

If lives and careers were built on fraud and deceit, then yes, absolutely it's fair that they be ruined.
Was it fair that Madoff's life was ruined after all his deceit and corruption? I'd say yes.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro

MadonePro

'....................' :confused:

MadonePro said:
I agree with you, fair would be tit for tat. By why is he not being charged?

As for the 'Mennonite' comment, I said boring, not bad. By definition of todays society, the Mennonite lifestyle is boring...

Firstly, Floyd has been banned and stripped of his title, unlike you hero.

Secondly, the suit filed by Floyd this year, if successful, will be used to pay back people who supported the fund.

Thirdly, people who gain money under false pretences.......maybe you should post about the travelling expenses to fund Lance's private jet, coming from Livestrong.

TRENDING THREADS