• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"Landis suggests that Clenbuterol is common in peloton"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
"Landis suggests that Clenbuterol is common in peloton" according to the CN article posted on the homepage.

At first that comes across as a BombShell, with Alberto riding the Bomb downward as it wobbles towards the pro peloton. Wobbly warhead.

But upon further reflection - it makes SENSE that the Pro Peloton is contaminated with Clen. After all, how many Pro Teams have Training Camps and are Homebased in Spain? Plenty. How many are vegan's? few.

With the new super accurate tests, it is only a matter of time before we start seeing more and more positives for Clen.

So what does this mean for the Clean Teams like Slipstream that are based in Spain. Should they be preparing contingency Plans for future fails? Should they be be importing their own FDA/USDA meat and meat byproducts to their base in Spain?

And how about all those old rider samples from years gone by? Is it possible that Clen would show up in year old samples? Surely those riders were eating meat back then too.

Anyway, is it time to relax the limits of how much Clen is allowed in a rider?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
As usually Polish ignores some key parts of what Landis has said.

the risk of taking Clenbuterol is higher now than it was earlier, when there weren't any training controls.

Clen is a great drug to use when you are trying to lose weight but maintain power in the leadup to a GT. Of course it helps if you get advanced notice of testing like Landis and Armstrong received. Landis talks about how that playing field was never level.

If the interviewer had asked some follow up questions about Clen Landis might have told him about the time he took it and couldn't sleep for 2 days. It is not something you want to take during a GT.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Landis

Why is this guy given any credibility. He scammed a whole bunch of people who contibuted to his defense fund, destroyed a racing team last year and now we are expected to hang on his words! I guess the German television channel paid him for his interview.

A

Anonymous

AnthonyO said:
Why is this guy given any credibility. He scammed a whole bunch of people who contibuted to his defense fund, destroyed a racing team last year and now we are expected to hang on his words! I guess the German television channel paid him for his interview.

Imagine that, a first time poster with an agenda. How original...:rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Since Landis never scammed me and I never believed he was innocent I don't accept that he has ever lied to me and have no problem accepting he is telling the truth ;)

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Anthony,

Welcome to the message boards! As to your question of why "this guy is given any credibility" - for one thing most experienced observers think that nearly everything he has said is true! Are you aware that both the New York Times and wall Street Journal both have found at least 2 other teammates besides Landis who back up his claims?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/sports/cycling/05armstrong.html

And the Journal:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704911704575326753200584006.html

Before your second post read up a little around here. A good place to start is the "sticky" at the top of the thread about new stories and Flandis links.

Nik

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Clen is a great drug to use when you are trying to lose weight but maintain power in the leadup to a GT. Of course it helps if you get advanced notice of testing like Landis and Armstrong received. Landis talks about how that playing field was never level.

If the interviewer had asked some follow up questions about Clen Landis might have told him about the time he took it and couldn't sleep for 2 days. It is not something you want to take during a GT.

Yes, I agree that Lance was a level above all the others. Not a level playing field by any stretch of the imagination.

Clen is not something to take during a GT? Wow, what an insight.

BTW, has Floyd been talking about Clen all along? In his E-mails?
In his comments this Summer? When is Floyd going to discuss the gene doping at Postal? In a few years lol.

A

Anonymous

bianchigirl said:
Since Landis never scammed me and I never believed he was innocent I don't accept that he has ever lied to me and have no problem accepting he is telling the truth ;)

True that! Anyone stupid enough to believe his story then isn't someone I would look to now to determine what is and is not true. I knew he was lying then, and I know he is telling the truth now. I would suggest my record is far superior to anyone dumb enough to have contributed to the FFF.

AnthonyO said:

And now we love him and hate Lance.

Funny, isn't it?

Must be the difference between someone who admits the obvious, and someone who perpetuates an obvious lie.

Go figure. Or, maybe Lance should.

Dave.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
AnthonyO said:

Oh yes, Landis is hugely profiting from all this - why I can see the book deals and movie rights piling up from way over here. Meanwhile the Direct Media deal has netted Armstrong how much out of using the Livestrong goodwill?

Sorry paid person, none of the arguments wash do they?

A

Anonymous

Polish said:
Yes, I agree that Lance was a level above all the others. Not a level playing field by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes, sending money to the UCI for dope catching machines sure does put you on another level. Not a level playing field indeed...

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
AnthonyO said:

Why shouldn't he be given credibility now?

You see it's simple - he was telling a story before that was unbelievable and deifed logic. Even many who contributed to his fund knew his story was untrue.
So - when he finally admitted he was doping it is obvious that he was finally being truthful - and his version of what happened in USPS & Phonak ties in with what was already known.

When you say "destroyed a racing team last year", I assume you mean Bahati (this year) which even Bahati said himself he had no problem with Floyd coming clean.....
“I knew what was going on but not to that magnitude. I knew that Floyd wanted to come clean, better himself and get that burden off him. I didn’t know he was going to name names.”
..... so the reason the team folded was because OUCH left with its rider - not because of what he said but because of who he mentioned.
If you feel bad for Bahati then you might want to send your anger towards a certain doper in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS