• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis wore a wire and filmed Ball (at feds request)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 24, 2010
Visit site
St Floyd of Landis strikes again!! Fantastic deserves a Nobel Prize maybe he can go and collect it when Lance collects the Nobel Prize for Blood Chemistry.....:D

The sand of time is running out fast and unless the uniballer comes clean soon both barrels will hit him square in the face.....very soon!! That will be a great day!

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
It will be interesting to learn the timeline. If FLandis was under contract with the investigators before his emails were made public he may still have had access to other shady characters in pro cycling.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
the haters here can let landis sleep on their couches one week at a time.

Any time he's in the Seattle area I'd be happy to offer the downstairs room and pop open a few Arrogant Bustard Ales with him.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I would love to ride a few stages of the tour of california with Floyd, I would love to hear his opinion s on cycling over a few glasses of liquid bread.

I think he is an interesting, intelligent character. I hope the he comes out on top in whatever he is trying to achieve.

Hypotheticcly, if I were hanging out with Floyd I would never want to hear the dirt on all the cyclists. That is a lotta negativity I could not handle.

A

Anonymous

It also indirectly puts pressure on the likes of hamilton etc. Means the feds can now say, "look, we know rock were doping, so you may as well just talk".

I think as others have said, it really raises the question of just how long floyd has been working with the feds, the email exchange that radioshack put online and then swiftly realised their mistake. How much have the feds been involved and for how long. I think lance must be bricking it.

TeamSkyFans said:
I think as others have said, it really raises the question of just how long floyd has been working with the feds, the email exchange that radioshack put online and then swiftly realised their mistake. How much have the feds been involved and for how long. I think lance must be bricking it.

I was told that it was a well planned deployment. Way back in January Floyd was sending emails. Armstrong probably shouldnt have written nor said what he said up to the story broke.

In the emails Armstrong put up on the Radioshack site had Armstrong's replies deleted. I wonder why. At the time Armstrong must have thought it was going to be easy to sway the public vote.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
goober said:
Huh - this is old news. Not sure why it is headlines now - didn't we all know this months ago?

if this is an old news, could pls refer us to the link with the headline ?

if this is an old news for you only, why did you not share it everyone?

if the 'old news' moniker is for another reason, pls explain why thinking you're blowing not a good reason to think of you ? thnks

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
This story makes one thing painfully clear: CN needs some new stock photos of Flandis.

Get some photos before Armstrong sends the hit men after him he will have to go into protective custody. That will get himm out the way.
Change his name and start riding as someone else.

A

Anonymous

goober said:
Huh - this is old news. Not sure why it is headlines now - didn't we all know this months ago?

No the ball raid is old news. The information that landis had video'd and mic'd a meeting in his apartment for the feds is very much new news. Unless you knew months ago, in which case what else do you know :D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Looks like Armstrong will be paying out for more lawyer hours as his "dream team think tank" look for a new mantra to replace the "Liar Landis lacks credibilty" line.
The fanboys will probably be a little slower to figure out it's defunct............as usual.

+1
I bet McQuaid's is now also brainstorming.
I hope he had some spare diapers when the news hit him.

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Feds have a deep bag of tricks.

This tap and video is big news. Considering that (I would assume) all possible attempts are being made to keep all movements by the feds under tight wraps, this will prove to be only one of many clever maneuvers utilized to collect evidence. Unless they are merely leaking this one to mindf**k the defence into thinking that many more riders/organizers were possibly tapped as well (perhaps they have even flipped other riders to do some undercover work). Either way, if he wasn't before ... LA must be spinning his pedals now. ;)

May 26, 2009
Visit site
What's the real likelihood though of Flandis having collected hard evidence during the US Postal days though? Or even of taped conversations ca. TOC where LA admits anything?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
yourwelcome said:
What's the real likelihood though of Flandis having collected hard evidence during the US Postal days though? Or even of taped conversations ca. TOC where LA admits anything?

Unlikely he thought of that much. If Michael Ball give up Tyler and Tyler gives cooborative testimony for Landis allegations then it can be relevant. Especially if someone lies in prior GJ testimony. Pictures of anything without a face in the shot and time/date confirmation doesn't do much.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
+1
I bet McQuaid's is now also brainstorming.
I hope he had some spare diapers when the news hit him.

I think diapers are needed after Pat has a brainstorm based on some of the sh*t he says.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Queue: Picture of refrigerated panniers.

Dave.

A pic of some refrigerated panniers isn't going to mean much. We'll hear they were used to carry Ben & Jerry's Patriotic Ice Cream for the troops.

If Floyd had some hard evidence, my bet is he would have produced it in public months ago.

yourwelcome said:
A pic of some refrigerated panniers isn't going to mean much. We'll hear they were used to carry Ben & Jerry's Patriotic Ice Cream for the troops.

true. the motorcycle isn't strong evidence of anything unless LA is pulling a blood bag out of it while holding up the day's newspaper. i don't know why it gets so much attention.

yourwelcome said:
If Floyd had some hard evidence, my bet is he would have produced it in public months ago.

to the contrary, for obvious reasons the most damning evidence has probably been withheld if we are to pretty safely assume floyd has been cooperating with the feds since last spring.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Floyd said this spring that he didn't have the hard evidence, and I see no reason why he would have lied about that in the process of coming forward with the truth. If asked, he could have sidestepped the question. I think it was his journals, stories, names, places, times, details etc. that would lead to corroborating witnesses and hard evidence like money trails, communications and things. Hopefully others had things that they saw as souvenirs rather than evidence at the time.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
This story makes one thing painfully clear: CN needs some new stock photos of Flandis.

How about this one from New Zealand?:D
OrcaVeloMerino.jpg

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:
Get some photos before Armstrong sends the hit men after him he will have to go into protective custody. That will get himm out the way.
Change his name and start riding as someone else.

He can become a mountain bike rider. Maybe he can show us all how dirty they are too.

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
No the ball raid is old news. The information that landis had video'd and mic'd a meeting in his apartment for the feds is very much new news. Unless you knew months ago, in which case what else do you know :D

It's not new information that FL is a thin character. Just new details on how screwed up he really is. We'll see how far he goes after he gets his pay-off from the feds. We'll see how hard he works for a clean sport after he gets back at the people he dislikes. Will he go to Europe and spend his time and money cleaning up the great races? Not hardly.

TRENDING THREADS