• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis wore a wire and filmed Ball (at feds request)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Meant to say this earlier in the thread, but I am sure that Frankie is happy he got out when he did.

Good on him. What a mess.

Dave.

Frankie is a liar and a doper. He has a funny lisp too. It sickens me to see him on the TV. I wish he'd get out.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
This story makes one thing painfully clear: CN needs some new stock photos of Flandis.

20101108123857-1289173137-12.jpg

A

Anonymous

jbenedict said:
It's not new information that FL is a thin character. Just new details on how screwed up he really is. We'll see how far he goes after he gets his pay-off from the feds. We'll see how hard he works for a clean sport after he gets back at the people he dislikes. Will he go to Europe and spend his time and money cleaning up the great races? Not hardly.

Oh look, another LA groupie.

Two words for you. Monumentally predictable.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else remember seeing a tweet from Floyd that said, "Thinking about doing something that will change the world of cycling forever"?

My best recollection is that was either late 2009 or early 2010. That Twitter account (one of a few that he has had) has long since disappeared. I do remember that the page had a picture of him, as a kid, on a sled in the snow. I believe the account name was TheRealFloydL or something very similar.

Another tweet from that page, and quite possibly immediately preceding the one previously mentioned, referred to him cutting a training ride short so that he could return home to write down some stories that were going through his head.

(There was also another tweet about him contemplating going for the hour record!)

For what its worth, I'm fairly confident that the Twitter account in question was legitimately his and not one of the many impersonations. But again, it's long since gone so I have no link.

Anyone else recall reading those?
They take on a whole new meaning these days.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Does anyone else remember seeing a tweet from Floyd that said, "Thinking about doing something that will change the world of cycling forever"?

My best recollection is that was either late 2009 or early 2010. That Twitter account (one of a few that he has had) has long since disappeared. I do remember that the page had a picture of him, as a kid, on a sled in the snow. I believe the account name was TheRealFloydL or something very similar.

Another tweet from that page, and quite possibly immediately preceding the one previously mentioned, referred to him cutting a training ride short so that he could return home to write down some stories that were going through his head.

(There was also another tweet about him contemplating going for the hour record!)

For what its worth, I'm fairly confident that the Twitter account in question was legitimately his and not one of the many impersonations. But again, it's long since gone so I have no link.

Anyone else recall reading those?
They take on a whole new meaning these days.

They definitely do. I was following Floyd's Twitter account and I remember reading that and thinking, Holy sh_t, he's going to blow the lid off the whole pro cycling world if he comes completely clean about things. I wonder if he'll really do it? Question answered.

For a long time after he did it, I thought he was a weak hypocrite who gave up the goods simply because he couldn't get a ride on a new team. But now I'm wondering if his trying to get on Radio Shack was an attempt to gather evidence? And wondering further if Armstrong/Bruyneel had gotten wind of what he was up to?

The announcement that Landis had signed with Bahati came on March 9th. Negotations with Rock Racing obviously ended before that. The most likely time for Landis to have gone Austin Powers on Ball would be when Ball was expecting Landis to ride for his team. This would push the timeline back at least a couple of months, perhaps into 2009.

It would also explain the language and tone of the e-mails that were released. They were written to fish for a response. It would not surprise me if phone calls between Landis and people in Team RS were recorded.

Granville57 said:

Yup. Late 2009.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The announcement that Landis had signed with Bahati came on March 9th. Negotations with Rock Racing obviously ended before that. The most likely time for Landis to have gone Austin Powers on Ball would be when Ball was expecting Landis to ride for his team. This would push the timeline back at least a couple of months, perhaps into 2009.

It would also explain the language and tone of the e-mails that were released. They were written to fish for a response. It would not surprise me if phone calls between Landis and people in Team RS were recorded.

Yup. Late 2009.

Egads! That would be very entertaining. My experience in the US legal system has led me to think that I should have recorded every conversation I had.

Another interesting aspect, and I hate to drag the name further into this, is Bahati. With the team falling apart after the Landis involvement, it makes you wonder if there was much more to it than that. Also if you follow Bahati on Twitter or Facebook, there have been more than a few cryptic comments from him. I would almost wonder if he had testified in regards to Ball, or atleast has some good details of what went on at Rock behind the scenes. If I knew what was in that fridge like Landis and others seemed to know, I would have bailed on Rock Racing so fast, what a nice (sarcasm) way for your whole career and name to go down the tubes.

when did Floyd start liaising with Greg? Seems like that would have been the impetus to record everything.

Given Pelota's vindictive chatter mouth - deep trouble forthcoming.

Urban Dictionary:

big mouth syndrome

A term referring to a syndrome held by an insecure and extremely emotional girl who keeps opening her mouth to try to solve her personal and relationship issues by talking about them at the wrong time and to the wrong people, even after her guy told her continuously that it was making these issues worse.

Did Landis Threaten to Write Tell-All Book if no Support Comes from Armstrong?

According to a former professional cycling team director who spoke on the condition of anonymity, Floyd Landis may have issued a barely-veiled public threat to write a book exposing what could be his knowledge of less-than-ethical behavior on at least one of his former teams - most likely, Lance Armstrong's old USPS squad.*

*** edited by mod ***

Francois the Postman said:
I think I read those lines ago in Joe Papp's Pappillion blog. Roughly a year ago?

Yup:

http://joepapp.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html

Joe Papp post including "attempts at humour" from Jan 2010 being channelled by theHog in Dec 2010 on CN Forums? :confused:

The Hog ought to know the forum rules by now. Either cite your source (and probably shorten the quote) or I will have to take action, Hog.

Susan

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Hence the emails & calls to Lance & Hog Bruyneel asking for a ride. The trap was being laid well before the leaked USADA email.

Excellent point. I was happy that Landis was coming clean, but still quite ****ed that he dropped his USADA bombs immediately after being turned down for a ride with RadioShack. I figured it was all out of anger rather than a true story of redemption. But now we can see that Floyd was up to something a bit deeper than what we could see back in May.

Or in other words: Now Floyd's pro career is REALLY truly over. Watch for the true effect of Omerta.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps the best of Floyd's tweets was when he said he would title it "You might as well marry a hooker", a takeoff on Johann's "You might as well win"

Poor Eva Maria......