• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Language discussion thread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

hrotha said:
So I passed my Finnish entrance exam, which means I'll be learning it again after like 10 years. This is as good an excuse as any to top this thread.
Myöhästyneet onnittelut!

Always weird, nice and funny to hear someone picking up my obscure mother tongue. Have fun with the suffixes. Even I cant name then all.

Re: Re:

meat puppet said:
hrotha said:
So I passed my Finnish entrance exam, which means I'll be learning it again after like 10 years. This is as good an excuse as any to top this thread.
Myöhästyneet onnittelut!

Always weird, nice and funny to hear someone picking up my obscure mother tongue. Have fun with the suffixes. Even I cant name then all.
Kiitos paljon!

In my limited experience, the sheer number of grammatical cases isn't a problem for a non-native speaker. The real difficulty is choosing between 2-3 super common cases depending on what exactly you want your verb to convey. :p

Jul 4, 2009
....fave Finn word....Sisu....which means guts. intestinal fortitude....always wanted to name a bike team Sisu C.C.....

Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
red_flanders Off Topic DIscussions 7