• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Laporte Discussion Thread - The Greatest?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, two obvious wins for the man of the people just vanished into thin air. I suspect some dirty games are being played here, gods don't get ill.

He probably decided to take the weekend off as he feels sorry for his opponents, and decided to let someone else win for a change. It must be tiring having to climb onto the top step of the podium all the time, even gods need a break

Re:

JoeD1997 said:
He probably decided to take the weekend off as he feels sorry for his opponents, and decided to let someone else win for a change. It must be tiring having to climb onto the top step of the podium all the time, even gods need a break
LOL On a more serious note the real reason is that he still feels the effect of the stomach bug that made him suffer on the last stage in Haut Var. Will skip Omloop and probably also KBK to be in top shape for Paris-Nice.

Re: Re:

vladimir said:
JoeD1997 said:
LOL On a more serious note the real reason is that he still feels the effect of the stomach bug that made him suffer on the last stage in Haut Var. Will skip Omloop and probably also KBK to be in top shape for Paris-Nice.
Be afraid. So very afraid. :cool:

Re: Re:

Laporte17 said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Nice gift today.

Yeah, proving the 'sickness' is no issue for him but giving another French rider a hand in his career, kind of him but also dominant. Let's see if he chooses to climb the podium later in the race. :)

I think he will wait for San Remo for his next podium. Always a good place to claim supremacy! Still confused why I was the only one who picked him for the CQ game this year :D

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Guys, just hear me out on this one.

Laporte finished 13th today. Why would such a good rider only finish 13th? What could be the meaning of this? I thought about it for quite a while and I think I figured it out. Thirteen stands between twelve and fourteen. The twelfth letter of the alphabet is the L; the L of Laporte. The fourteenth letter of the alphabet is the N; the N of Nibali. Thus Laporte deliberately finished 13th to represent the deep connection between the two greatest contemporary cycling champions - of course Laporte is being very humble to include Nibali in this bracket, whereas it's more common to see Laporte alone at the top. But there's a second layer of meaning. Thirteen, 13, 1 and 3. Nibali was 1st today and the 3rd letter of the alphabet is C, the C of Christophe Laporte. So again in another way Laporte finishing 13th is a heartwarming tribute to Nibali, who was allowed to win today. Finally, 13 - the thirteenth letter of the alphabet is M, the M of Milan-Sanremo. So it's 13 (M, Milan-Sanremo) placed between 12 (L, Laporte) and 14 (N, Nibali), symbolizing how Laporte graciously gave Nibali the opportunity to win MSR and so fill up a glaring hiatus in his palmares!

Christophe Laporte, what a legend! :cool:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Guys, just hear me out on this one.

Laporte finished 13th today. Why would such a good rider only finish 13th? What could be the meaning of this? I thought about it for quite a while and I think I figured it out. Thirteen stands between twelve and fourteen. The twelfth letter of the alphabet is the L; the L of Laporte. The fourteenth letter of the alphabet is the N; the N of Nibali. Thus Laporte deliberately finished 13th to represent the deep connection between the two greatest contemporary cycling champions - of course Laporte is being very humble to include Nibali in this bracket, whereas it's more common to see Laporte alone at the top. But there's a second layer of meaning. Thirteen, 13, 1 and 3. Nibali was 1st today and the 3rd letter of the alphabet is C, the C of Christophe Laporte. So again in another way Laporte finishing 13th is a heartwarming tribute to Nibali, wo was allowed to win today. Finally, 13 - the thirteenth letter of the alphabet is M, the M of Milan-Sanremo. So it's 13 (M, Milan-Sanremo) placed between 12 (L, Laporte) and 14 (N, Nibali), symbolizing how Laporte graciously gave Nibali the opportunity to win MSR and so fill up a glaring hiatus in his palmares!

Christophe Laporte, what a legend! :cool:

Post of the year :lol:

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
First an illness right before Omloop and Kuurne and now a broken wheel in the final of Milan-San Remo. I can only hope he pissed off his rivals (due to his supernatural physique) and not the Russians, otherwise I can't see Gent-Wevelgem ending that well.

Re:

gregrowlerson said:
Just checking out the forum to see conversation relating to Nibali's greatness, and so entered this thread. I seriously thought it was some forum member named Laporte inviting general discussion on The Greatest!
Nope, this is just a borderline trolling thread that hasn't been shut down. Even the mods are having a little fun with it. :)

Cheers