• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Laporte Discussion Thread - The Greatest?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Der Effe said:
First an illness right before Omloop and Kuurne and now a broken wheel in the final of Milan-San Remo. I can only hope he pissed off his rivals (due to his supernatural physique) and not the Russians, otherwise I can't see Gent-Wevelgem ending that well.
Illness, broken wheel...with so much bad luck, Laporte will soon get approached by BMC :D .

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Gent-Wevelgem - 4th
Dwars Door Vlaanderen - 3rd
Ronde van Vlaanderen - 2nd
Paris-Roubaix - 1st

You heard it here first :eek:
Why would he care about those s****y races like RvV or PR? They are not great enough to pride themselves on having Laporte's name on their winners/podium lists. They are just preparation races for races like Tour de Vendée- the real race for hard men and deserving to be won by The Greatest.

Such a generous rider, I think he'll take RVV or PR to prime his winning legs for Vendee later in the year though. Already fitting into the custodian of the peloton role that Hinault truly was the last of, by taking the job of putting riders like Moscon in their place into his own hands.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
He's better than Bouhanni, I'm telling you
At the moment, I can only see that Bouhabnni & Lapirte are in same level.
1st, Both are in Cofidis team as sprinter -> Par
2nd, Broken derailleur vs Broken wheel in MSR.
Laporte seems to be better when wheel is harder to break, especially in a smooth road. But Bonhannui finish 4th but he is 13th. -> Par.
3nd, Both are alwsys finish behind Damare. Just as Sunday, Laporte just finish behind Demare.
4th, Bonhauui's punch vs Laporte's Elbow. Both are interesting. :lol: and make us excited. Par again.

Let see, whether Laporte could find any creative reason for TDF absent. If he could use a hurt in tail fingertip due to handjob as excuse, he will win.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

About bike control, they are at same level also.
See Gent Wevelgem last 10 m. Demare crash into him but he has managed not to crash in the barrier.
Bonhauui Coillsed with Damare in many occasions. Bonhauui managed not to crash in most of the time also.

Re: Re:

toolittle said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Laporte seems to be better when wheel is harder to break, especially in a smooth road. But Bonhannui finish 4th but he is 13th. -> Par.
3nd, Both are alwsys finish behind Damare. Just as Sunday, Laporte just finish behind Demare.
4th, Bonhauui's punch vs Laporte's Elbow. Both are interesting. :lol: and make us excited. Par again.

Let see, whether Laporte could find any creative reason for TDF absent. If he could use a hurt in tail fingertip due to handjob as excuse, he will win.

They also have 2 Vendee wins each, which we all know is the greatest measure of strenght.

I think the real difference though is that the only reason Bonhauui got all his wins is that Laporte was leading him out (from the kindness of his heart) and now that Laporte has decided to take an interest in showing himself at the front (though his genorosity has kept him from winning so far, we may have to wait until he needs to save us from a Moscon win for him to take the top step of the podium, though I hope not), Bonhauui can't reach the same achievements without him.

Re: Re:

Laporte17 said:
toolittle said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

They also have 2 Vendee wins each, which we all know is the greatest measure of strenght.

I think the real difference though is that the only reason Bonhauui got all his wins is that Laporte was leading him out (from the kindness of his heart) and now that Laporte has decided to take an interest in showing himself at the front (though his genorosity has kept him from winning so far, we may have to wait until he needs to save us from a Moscon win for him to take the top step of the podium, though I hope not), Bonhauui can't reach the same achievements without him.
Right, "through the kindness of his heart". Laporte's generosity is bordering on Sainthood these days, maybe someday he'll be canonized?

I agree Bouhanni wouldn't be much without Laporte but Bouhanni does have talent and would probably win with any decent leadout guy at about the same rate he wins now, which is not that much.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Clearly Bonhauui's poor season so far is because Laporte is no longer his lead out man. It's hard, but Bonhauui has to grow up, become independent and learn to take responsibility. Of course Laporte cares deeply for his protégé and it must be difficult to see Bonhauui buckle under the pressure like this, but ultimately it's for his own good.

TRENDING THREADS