• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Laporte Discussion Thread - The Greatest?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's quite strange to think just how much better a rider Laporte is than Sagan at the moment when you see how this thread started.
TBH, I think I was not the only one who expected Sagan to decline by his early thirties. His eccentric personality + the fact he was so good already so early in his career made me think he would experience some kind of a burnout at some point and it looks like he did.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
We ought to have a "first post/last post" thread aggregator to see how things played out. In this case Laporte may very well have the last laugh.

On a serious note, when Laporte wins it looks like it's really easy for him. When he's on a good day he just sort of glides around and winds up on the sharp end.

Laporte said his dream was to win Gent-Wevelgem and a stage in the Tour de France. “Now I have done both. I am very proud of my family, my wife, my two little sons. I am very tired now, but also very happy.”
Congrats Christophe!

Why GW? He must have grown up with tales of what GW was in the '60s and '70s, and that it was on these roads in '77 that the Hinault saga began. Had they not changed the course, GW was as big a monument candidate as FW.

Wout putting on a beard and wishing him a belated Merry Christmas doesn't matter in my view, who knows? Laporte had a shot in a two-way sprint. He put on the work, and with the line in sight, WVA was class-act, like Primoz earlier in the day.

Although I would have preferred fights and drama, I think yesterday was special, and definitely a great day for the sport of cycling.

Laporte said his dream was to win Gent-Wevelgem and a stage in the Tour de France. “Now I have done both. I am very proud of my family, my wife, my two little sons. I am very tired now, but also very happy.”
Well at least somebody is proud of someone and i'm glad he is happy for it.

Wout putting on a beard and wishing him a belated Merry Christmas doesn't matter in my view, who knows? Laporte had a shot in a two-way sprint. He put on the work, and with the line in sight, WVA was class-act, like Primoz earlier in the day.
If Van Aert wanted to win, he could have dropped Laporte 50k from the line and there would have been no 2 way sprint. Please stop with this farce.

• Love
Reactions: Black Betsy

TRENDING THREADS