• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Laporte Discussion Thread - The Greatest?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Today I discovered this forum and from the calibre of the website, was expecting enlightened discussion of the world's best riders, however I was thoroughly disappointed to discover that this forum was behind the times and is still yet to discover that Christophe Laporte is in fact a cyclist of greater quality than Peter Sagan, which is thoroughly proved by his dominating performance in beating Sagan by over 2 minutes on the Ventoux stage of last year's Tour de France.

Laporte has also bested Peter Sagan on many an occasion and is often willing to sacrifice his own chances for lesser racers, such as supporting Bouhanni to many wins out of his pure kindness, on top of that he took an excellent victory in the Tour of Vendee 2015 against a high calibre field, against which he dominated and proved that he is in actuality one of the greatest cyclists of our time. So I have decided to grace this forum with a thread to discuss the great - Christophe Laporte!

At 30, Chistophe Laporte is going to beat Peter Sagan at 30.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
After all the gift discussions, he must have felt differently than usual at the start of the race...and bingo! Bravo Christophe! That was the best scenario today, for me, only Laporte gifting it to Wout would have been better. Chapeau Christophe!
Laporte has said in a interview after his DDV win, that he would also like to win Roubaix. Would love to see Van Aert's face if Laporte was actually able to win it before Van Aert. I'd make a poster of it and put it above my bed.

Laporte has said in a interview after his DDV win, that he would also like to win Roubaix. Would love to see Van Aert's face if Laporte was actually able to win it before Van Aert. I'd make a poster of it and put it above my bed.
The greatest has won 2 WT classics in 4 days. I bet the greatest will gift Tour de flanders or Paris Roubaix to his teammate after smashed the pleleton.

The way Laporte has been riding since joining Jumbo, I actually rate him as third favourite behind Van der Poel and Van Aert so he should be the French leader with perhaps Alaphilippe as co-leader if he improves.
Only if Wout changes citizenship and rides for him! (kidding, he's looking really sharp and France should think hard about making him a protected rider.)

I'm a huge JuJu fan but he's had a shocker of the past 18 months. If he can get it together Glasgow is the kind of course he should excel at.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Well isn't there the lesson from Italy the one thing holding Italians back in the WC's is the Italian Team LOL would that also apply to the French team :) After all Sagan won his WCs (figuratively speaking) without a team. :)

I think the Italian team in the mid 2000's showed that that had ceased to be a problem with Bettini's and Ballan's wins. I know it's a while since they last won but I don't think that's to do with bad team dynamics. In 2019, you could say they even rode a bit too uniformly given that it would have been better to have Moscon to play with in the final rather than sacrificing him to set up Trentin's sure sprint win.

Today I discovered this forum and from the calibre of the website, was expecting enlightened discussion of the world's best riders, however I was thoroughly disappointed to discover that this forum was behind the times and is still yet to discover that Christophe Laporte is in fact a cyclist of greater quality than Peter Sagan, which is thoroughly proved by his dominating performance in beating Sagan by over 2 minutes on the Ventoux stage of last year's Tour de France.

Laporte has also bested Peter Sagan on many an occasion and is often willing to sacrifice his own chances for lesser racers, such as supporting Bouhanni to many wins out of his pure kindness, on top of that he took an excellent victory in the Tour of Vendee 2015 against a high calibre field, against which he dominated and proved that he is in actuality one of the greatest cyclists of our time. So I have decided to grace this forum with a thread to discuss the great - Christophe Laporte!

Now he is officially Europe's best bike rider.