• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Last major country fo get a win

Last country to get a victory .1 and above

• Denmark

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last major country to get a win

Wins must be .1 or above and National Championships don't count.

Current countries with a win are

Australia
Italy
Spain
GB
Belgium
Argentina
Colombia
Netherlands
Brazil

The ten countries for a poll where chosen from countries current CQ Ranking

Countries I would like to have included, Czech Republic and Ireland.

Could a mod fix typo in title:)

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea will be between Denmark and Russia surely. 50/50. Neither have any 'winners' in ranks right now. And I doubt Cort will get many chances at Orica at the start, while Katusha will get some Russian to win sooner or later meaning my vote goes to Denmark .

It could take a while for US and Portugal (if Costa "waits" for TdS) to get a win.

I think Russia will participate in some really small .1 races all over the place using Katusha, Rusvelo and Itera which could yield a win.

Denmark might benefit from having Sagan on the Tinkoff team potentially allowing Breschel to "steal" a cobbles win. Whats Fuglsang going to do? Win the tour or focus on something more meaningful?.

Anyway ended up voting for Denmark.

Gloin22 said:
Yea will be between Denmark and Russia surely. 50/50. Neither have any 'winners' in ranks right now. And I doubt Cort will get many chances at Orica at the start, while Katusha will get some Russian to win sooner or later meaning my vote goes to Denmark .

Dazed and Confused said:
Denmark might benefit from having Sagan on the Tinkoff team potentially allowing Breschel to "steal" a cobbles win. Whats Fuglsang going to do? Win the tour or focus on something more meaningful?.

Anyway ended up voting for Denmark.

Michael Valgren Andersen.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
You fail so hard right now. Wippert won a freaking World Tour stage already.

Besides that you are so overly negative. this is still the best dutch generation in years. We even have sprinters now

The Dutch just seem to fail so often every time there's huge expectation, I was just trying the reverse-jinx obviously:D

And I've barely watched cycling the last month

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Five countries remaining. Their achievements so far:
Poland: Four second places
United States: Three second places
Portugal: One second place & one third place
Russia: One third place & four fourth places
Denmark: No top six as yet!

TRENDING THREADS