• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Last WT team to get a win – 2019 edition

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will be the last WT team to get a win in 2019?

• Ag2R

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Astana

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Bahrain

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Dimension Data

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Groupama

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Jumbo

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Katusha

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Lotto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Movistar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunweb

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

yaco said:
tobydawq said:
yaco said:
Mitchelton Scott may take a while to get on the board - They'll struggle to win in Australia, though could be a chance in Valenciana.

Nationals?

Always a chance in the RR which is often a lottery - Meyer could be a chance.

They have ten riders present. Adam Hansen is going to have his hands full if he wants to keep things together for Ewan.

*** the quick said:
tobydawq said:
If Greg doesn't take a win in Oman, I think CCC could go winless for a very long time.
True, but on the other hand they may be first out of competition, as Bevin is on the startlist for tomorrow's New Zealand TT national championship.

And Bevin just took the win... so CCC are the first team out of the running.

Tugboat said:
*** the quick said:
tobydawq said:
If Greg doesn't take a win in Oman, I think CCC could go winless for a very long time.
True, but on the other hand they may be first out of competition, as Bevin is on the startlist for tomorrow's New Zealand TT national championship.

And Bevin just took the win... so CCC are the first team out of the running.

I've got this picture of his ITT;
https://twitter.com/DoCiclismo/status/1081281743662075906

I see the CCC helmet but, the Giant bike but why that shirt?

[quote="Jungle Cycle

I see the CCC helmet but, the Giant bike but why that shirt?[/quote]

Teams at the the New Zealand nationals are broken down into regional centres. Competitors have to wear the uniform of their respective centre and that's Bevin's Waikato-Bay of Plenty strip. Their is an exemption for members of UCI registered trade teams though, so at a guess he just didn't have a CCC skinsuit yet.

Tugboat said:
[quote="Jungle Cycle

I see the CCC helmet but, the Giant bike but why that shirt?

Teams at the the New Zealand nationals are broken down into regional centres. Competitors have to wear the uniform of their respective centre and that's Bevin's Waikato-Bay of Plenty strip. Their is an exemption for members of UCI registered trade teams though, so at a guess he just didn't have a CCC skinsuit yet.[/quote]

i can always rely on this forum....
Thank`s!!!

tobydawq said:
tobydawq said:

This is looking more and more silly.

It was a reasonable prediction though. Bevin has single handedly made sure that their early season will be respectable at least until GVA is supposed to start performing. They will be glad they held onto him when so many BMC guys were abandoning ship.

Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
tobydawq said:
If Bevin doesn't take a win in TDU, I think CCC could go winless for a very long time.

There you go helped you out. Seriously after EF I probably would of went CC.

The problem is that he also won the NZ TT championships.

Currently, four bike races have been won by World Tour teams in 2019 and CCC have won two of those...

tobydawq said:
Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
tobydawq said:
If Bevin doesn't take a win in TDU, I think CCC could go winless for a very long time.

Currently, four bike races have been won by World Tour teams in 2019 and CCC have won two of those...

In your defense not many if anyone would have thought that possible until it's actually happened.

Koronin said:
tobydawq said:
Midnightfright said:
tobydawq said:
tobydawq said:

In your defense not many if anyone would have thought that possible until it's actually happened.
Well, Bevin was definetely a strong favourite for national ITT and it's not a big surprise he is doing well in TdU as:
- he already finished 10th overall there in 2016 in his first ever WT race and we know he has both a good finish and ability to get over hills which is a perfect combo for a race like this
- it was logical to assume he would prepare a good form at this point of the year, opposite to many other riders whose goals are in the different parts of the season

With hindsight it made a lot of sense. :D

Anderis said:
Well, Bevin was definetely a strong favourite for national ITT and it's not a big surprise he is doing well in TdU as:
- he already finished 10th overall there in 2016 in his first ever WT race and we know he has both a good finish and ability to get over hills which is a perfect combo for a race like this
- it was logical to assume he would prepare a good form at this point of the year, opposite to many other riders whose goals are in the different parts of the season

With hindsight it made a lot of sense. :D

Hopefully, Bevin wins the race and stage 4, and Mareczko takes stage 5 just to humiliate me.

TRENDING THREADS