• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Last WT team to get a win – 2019 edition

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will be the last WT team to get a win in 2019?

• Ag2R

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Astana

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Bahrain

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Dimension Data

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Groupama

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Jumbo

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Katusha

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Lotto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Movistar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunweb

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
to think they had the entire top 3 of the Amstel Gold Race 2018 but only had a best result of 10th in FW in all 3 Ardennes classics....
This is exactly the point, isn't it - that their riders are not that bad, on the paper. But somehow results are not coming. Might be something to do with their bland jersey - maybe they just do not feel "wolfpack" enough.

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Cookster15 said:
Most disappointing aspect of DD for me has been the performance of Michael Valgren since joining them. I was expecting big things after his Amstel and worlds rides last season. Instead he is invisible.

I have a suspicion Valgren agrees with you.
It's not just Valgren who has gone backwards at Di Data either. There's Kreuziger, Gasparotto, EBH, Meintjies, Cavendish (apart from ONE good TDF), the list goes on. Even O'Connor has dropped off the radar after two promising years.

Something just doesn't seem right there, it's not the equipment, and I doubt it's the riders themselves (at least their marquee riders anyway), so I'd have to point the finger directly at the team staff because on paper their squad is much better than results suggest.

Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
RedheadDane said:
Cookster15 said:
Most disappointing aspect of DD for me has been the performance of Michael Valgren since joining them. I was expecting big things after his Amstel and worlds rides last season. Instead he is invisible.

I have a suspicion Valgren agrees with you.
It's not just Valgren who has gone backwards at Di Data either. There's Kreuziger, Gasparotto, EBH, Meintjies, Cavendish (apart from ONE good TDF), the list goes on. Even O'Connor has dropped off the radar after two promising years.

Something just doesn't seem right there, it's not the equipment, and I doubt it's the riders themselves (at least their marquee riders anyway), so I'd have to point the finger directly at the team staff because on paper their squad is much better than results suggest.

Or maybe they are just crystall clean

TRENDING THREADS