• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Last WT team to get a win - 2023 edition

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will be the last WT team to get a win in 2023?

• Ag2R

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Alpecin

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Arkea

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Astana

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • DSM

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Groupama

• Intermarche

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Movistar

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Soudal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trek

• Total voters
So, if you had made a bet that the first 6 WT teams to reach 3 wins would be Intermarché, EF, DSM, Movistar, Trek and Bahrain, I think you could have made a decent profit.

Very encouraging start to the season if you don't like the dominance of a few big teams.
Intermarché-Wanty are the new big boys in town. Obvious Rui Costa to podium TdF is obvious.

What is Alpecin doing btw? They got their WT license so they stopped riding smaller races an keep all their best riders away from early races like they're Jumbo Visma? Obviously VdPs absent is pretty logical, but they've ridden 3 races so far. 18 of their 30 riders haven't races a single race. They have 0 wins now and 73 UCI points, not a single WT team does worse, well, even most PCT teams do better.

Not saying UCI points will be a problem for them obviously with VdP and Philipsen normally scoring a ton of points, but there is definitely going to be some pressure on them to perform in the bigger races now. If they don't watch out they'll win this competition, which would a disgrace imo.

What is Alpecin doing btw? They got their WT license so they stopped riding smaller races an keep all their best riders away from early races like they're Jumbo Visma? Obviously VdPs absent is pretty logical, but they've ridden 3 races so far. 18 of their 30 riders haven't races a single race. They have 0 wins now and 73 UCI points, not a single WT team does worse, well, even most PCT teams do better.

Not saying UCI points will be a problem for them obviously with VdP and Philipsen normally scoring a ton of points, but there is definitely going to be some pressure on them to perform in the bigger races now. If they don't watch out they'll win this competition, which would a disgrace imo.

I don't think they are doing an unusual start compared to last year.

I think they are doing mainly the same races (exception of TDU for logical reasons) and last year if I remember correctly, their first win was by Mareczko in Antalya. They were supposed to start there this year, also with him, but for reasons we all know it couldn't be.

Just checked on PCS, so far this year they didn't do the Saudi Tour but added TDU and GP La Marseillaise to last year program. The rest is unaltered.

I don't think they are doing an unusual start compared to last year.

I think they are doing mainly the same races (exception of TDU for logical reasons) and last year if I remember correctly, their first win was by Mareczko in Antalya. They were supposed to start there this year, also with him, but for reasons we all know it couldn't be.

Just checked on PCS, so far this year they didn't do the Saudi Tour but added TDU and GP La Marseillaise to last year program. The rest is unaltered.

Allright I thought they did more races usually. I gess they usually start to perform when the flemish season starts then

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS