• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lawson Craddock

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Promising talent. But plenty of promising talents as juniors have amounted to nothing as a pro. I was impressed by the sweep though.

Hopefully Cali or Utah if he's not riding the Vuelta.

That nasty crash Down Under last year totally compromised his season. He's doing better than ever this time of the year.

Recently married too, looks like it's done him well.

I've read he has the chance of going to TdF this year. Don't know if that would be better for him than riding the Vuelta, where he would have more realistic chance of doing something more than just getting experience/helping his team-mates.

I would love to see him finishing inside top10 overall in current Pais Vasco. He has a good chance because he hasn't lost much time on those very steep climbs that shouldn't suit him very well and he is one of the best TT-ers among the riders who are high in GC. But Pais-Vasco often produces surprising results during those hilly TTs so nothing is assured.

I'm glad he is having very consistent year so far and I look forward to his further progress in the coming years.

Anderis said:
I've read he has the chance of going to TdF this year. Don't know if that would be better for him than riding the Vuelta, where he would have more realistic chance of doing something more than just getting experience/helping his team-mates.

I would love to see him finishing inside top10 overall in current Pais Vasco. He has a good chance because he hasn't lost much time on those very steep climbs that shouldn't suit him very well and he is one of the best TT-ers among the riders who are high in GC. But Pais-Vasco often produces surprising results during those hilly TTs so nothing is assured.

I'm glad he is having very consistent year so far and I look forward to his further progress in the coming years.

Surely he should be a better GC-prospect than Talansky at this point, no? Happy to see him do well.

Talansky's fortunes seems to be worse than ever recently and there is a good chance he won't build a good form for TdF.

But I can't see Craddock being ready for top10 in the TdF yet. Top10 in Vuelta would be more realistic goal. Or stage win there. Although maybe the climbs of TdF suit him better.

Cannondale have now many riders who could occasionally lead a race but none of them is consistent all throughout the season. Even Uran, who had very consistent last season (apart from GTs). Craddock is kind of consistent recently, but more for top20 results than top10.

Very good performance from him today on Arrate. 7th in GC now but it's not looking that good for ITT. Some good TT'ers just behind him in GC and the gap to the guys in front is rather big. So it will probably be all about defending the spot in the top8. Arrate being more selective than usual this year took a chance for fighting for even higher GC spot away from him.

I've read he will ride Ardennes. It's interesting what he can do there. LBL is probably the race that will suit him the most of the three.

Anderis said:
Very good performance from him today on Arrate. 7th in GC now but it's not looking that good for ITT. Some good TT'ers just behind him in GC and the gap to the guys in front is rather big. So it will probably be all about defending the spot in the top8. Arrate being more selective than usual this year took a chance for fighting for even higher GC spot away from him.

I've read he will ride Ardennes. It's interesting what he can do there. LBL is probably the race that will suit him the most of the three.
LC has had good TT results in the past, but I don't recall how he has done so far in the big leagues (especially since last year was tough after his early injuries). I guess we'll see... Good luck Lawson!

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
jmdirt said:
Anderis said:

LC has had good TT results in the past, but I don't recall how he has done so far in the big leagues (especially since last year was tough after his early injuries). I guess we'll see... Good luck Lawson!
If I remember correctly he was pretty good in the 2014 TdS ITT.
Edit: he finished 6th in that TT.

Yeah, I definetely didn't expect him to finish in top10 in a race with so steep and explosive climbs at WT level.

And even more I didn't expect he would be the highest classified Cannondale rider in CQ and PCS 2016 individual rankings at this point of the year. But that's rather bad about Cannondale, since Lawson doesn't even have a single top5 finish so far this year.

Maybe Craddock will be the USA national team leader for Olympics Road Race? :eek:

Anderis said:
Yeah, I definetely didn't expect him to finish in top10 in a race with so steep and explosive climbs at WT level.

And even more I didn't expect he would be the highest classified Cannondale rider in CQ and PCS 2016 individual rankings at this point of the year. But that's rather bad about Cannondale, since Lawson doesn't even have a single top5 finish so far this year.

Maybe Craddock will be the USA national team leader for Olympics Road Race? :eek:

If he continues doing well this season then ya. I think Tejay will probably get a leading spot, but of course they need options.

I just read the story about Lawson signing with SS again. I was actually hoping that he would move to another team. I just don't understand how a WT rider can get so over trained in the spring that they can't recover, and have some good second half of the season racing. Doesn't SS have trainers, and nutritionists? Aren't they testing him regularly?

Re:

jmdirt said:
I just read the story about Lawson signing with SS again. I was actually hoping that he would move to another team. I just don't understand how a WT rider can get so over trained in the spring that they can't recover, and have some good second half of the season racing. Doesn't SS have trainers, and nutritionists? Aren't they testing him regularly?
Vervaeke did the same thing this year. Kwiatkowski last year. Can happen to you even if you're on a good team, it seems. Hell, even Petter Northug (the Norwegian skier) did it.

Re: Re:

Squire said:
jmdirt said:
Vervaeke did the same thing this year. Kwiatkowski last year. Can happen to you even if you're on a good team, it seems. Hell, even Petter Northug (the Norwegian skier) did it.

I'm sorry but I'm hella confused SS?

TRENDING THREADS