• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lawson Craddock

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lets not be surprised at how tough Lawson is,
after all like the legendary SuperG who finished
the 2013 TdeF with a fractured pelvis, he's got a
decent palmares on the track starting with national
medals in the 10-12's right up to a USA Junior Pursuit
Championship win in 2010 at Trexlertown, Pennsylvania.

Re: Re:

del1962 said:
snccdcno said:
Slipstream Sports

can we not just call them Garmin
Well actually you can call then anything you want! :lol: I just call them Slipstream because that is the only name that is the same since day one (Slipstream is JV's "company"). Garmin was the longest (major) sponsor (7ish years). I called them Subaru the other day and got a good laugh from some folks!

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Cycling in the US needs something positive to talk about, and Craddock's providing that. Unless teams can find wealthy individuals who want to play they have to attract corporations with a positive marketing message. It's unusual for a top team in a sport to disband because of lack of sponsorship, but that's exactly what cycling is facing with BMC. EFD only survived because of an outpouring of public support through a gofundme. That positive story plus Lawson Craddock (an EFD rider) needs to be played up to regenerate interest in the US. I believe BMC is showing us that performance on the road isn't as important to sponsors as a positive image (DD is a good example).

TRENDING THREADS