• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour '18 stage 12: Bourg-Saint-Maurice > Alpe d'Huez 175k

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is going to win the stage?

• Chris Froome

Votes: 46 41.8%
  • Geraint Thomas

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Tom Dumoulin

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Romain Bardet

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Nairo Quintana

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Primoz Roglic

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Steven Kruijswijk

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Mikel Landa

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Someone else

Votes: 11 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

DBotero said:
Alexandre B. said:
Jagartrott said:
rick james said:
Bardet pretty much admitting he attacked when Nibali crashed tried to blame it on poor radio connections, I said a the time Froome, G and Tom all waited....Bardet attacked
Have you even watched the race?
He’s just a troll.

Yep,he's just trolling :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/romainbardet/status/1020002708684771329
This absolutely doesn't change my statement. He's just a troll.

Re:

GraftPunk said:
As much as I enjoy I enjoy sportsmanship, it's a bike race. So race. Nibali getting mowed by a moto is a bit of an outlier, but I've never understood the rationale behind this particular unwritten rule.

As with most unwritten rules, they serve to make life a little easier for the dominant few and a little harder for their uppity rivals. However, they do make a certain amount of sense when weird stuff that happens that can’t really be considered a normal racing incident.

Alexandre B. said:
DBotero said:
Alexandre B. said:
Jagartrott said:
rick james said:
Bardet pretty much admitting he attacked when Nibali crashed tried to blame it on poor radio connections, I said a the time Froome, G and Tom all waited....Bardet attacked
He’s just a troll.

Yes,maybe.He got it right this time.Anyway that pic from Bardet twitter with those 2 loonies is really sad.They need to do something about the riders security.

Gigs_98 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
The only hope is Dumouin and Bardet I think.

Maybe Landa is his back gets better
You know, I really like Dumoulin, he is a character in an era of soulless PR cycling bots with a real winner mentality. But as a cyclist he is mostly still a TT guy and therefore not the guy who I expect to light up the tour. Bardet is fine on mtf's but seems to be super afraid of any attack where he has to ride more than 100 meters which aren't uphill and the whole Movistar team has been garbage so far. Landa might ride himself into shape as he often does but he and Quintana are already way too far behind. Nibali wasn't the most likely to beat sky (if Bardet wouldn't have lost in the first week I'd argue he was a lot more likely to win) but he was the one who I hoped would pressure sky wherever he can. Ofc I'm writing this from a Nibali fanboy perspective but I really think this crash hurts this tour a lot. I'm right now not excited for the Pyrenees at all.

I think you need to lose the stigma of Dumoulin being "the TT guy". You cannot call him that after yesterday and today.
For christ sake he momentarily dropped Bardet and Froome. He finished far ahead of Quintana. He's not some TT guy. Yesterday he solo'd up the mountain for 15km

Basically that means he has attacked more than the so called climbers so far.

Gigs_98 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
The only hope is Dumouin and Bardet I think.

Maybe Landa is his back gets better
You know, I really like Dumoulin, he is a character in an era of soulless PR cycling bots with a real winner mentality. But as a cyclist he is mostly still a TT guy and therefore not the guy who I expect to light up the tour. Bardet is fine on mtf's but seems to be super afraid of any attack where he has to ride more than 100 meters which aren't uphill and the whole Movistar team has been garbage so far. Landa might ride himself into shape as he often does but he and Quintana are already way too far behind. Nibali wasn't the most likely to beat sky (if Bardet wouldn't have lost in the first week I'd argue he was a lot more likely to win) but he was the one who I hoped would pressure sky wherever he can. Ofc I'm writing this from a Nibali fanboy perspective but I really think this crash hurts this tour a lot. I'm right now not excited for the Pyrenees at all.
Pyrenees stages are also too easy.

Kruijswijk showed what kind of stages are necessary to pressure the team in the first place. Pyrenees will be limited to a showdown on Col de Portet and nothing else.

*** Mende is probably the best designed 'MTF' in the 2nd half of the Tour.

So, we have quite an interesting situation now. The top 4 consists of two riders who have done the Giro and could (and should) theoretically suffer in the third week. The other two are unproven in GT racing and could very well suffer and lose time in the third week as well. Then, bellow them are Bardet and Landa, who do seem to be quite good at three week recovery and have improved their shape from yesterday to today, but they are terrible in the TT where they might as well lose 2 minutes to each one in the top 4 currently. So it could get interesting... or it could just be a Sky procession to Paris...

Re:

bajbar said:
So, we have quite an interesting situation now. The top 4 consists of two riders who have done the Giro and could (and should) theoretically suffer in the third week. The other two are unproven in GT racing and could very well suffer and lose time in the third week as well. Then, bellow them are Bardet and Landa, who do seem to be quite good at three week recovery and have improved their shape from yesterday to today, but they are terrible in the TT where they might as well lose 2 minutes to each one in the top 4 currently. So it could get interesting... or it could just be a Sky procession to Paris...
It's not

Pyrenees are garbage and Sky is lolstrong

Alexandre B. said:
DBotero said:
Alexandre B. said:
Jagartrott said:
rick james said:
He’s just a troll.

For pointing out the truth?? Lol

Re:

bajbar said:
You're saying Kruijswijk can still win this Tour then? :p

Blanco said:
rick james said:

No, Bardet was on the attack way before that, but Froome attacked precisely in that moment!

As just discusses a page before, we are talking about different attack of Bardet. And that is what he refers in his twitter as well.

And I kind of believe Bardet on what he is saying. If Tom/Donkey/G talked about waiting, Romain probably didn't understand a *** what they were talking about.

bajbar said:
bambino said:
Lequack said:
Nibali crash from another angle, spectator video:
https://twitter.com/LeGruppetto/status/1020050957525311494

I don't see moto in that video that would've caused the crash. Hard to say what did, but looks like spectator push to me.

Yeah, it looks like his handlebars got tangled into something that a spectator had in his hands. It definitely wasn't a moto.

Something indeed. Looks almost like his bike is suddenly dragged towards the spectators while he goes to other direction. Landed straight on his back/but so no wonder it hurt. He is holding his back as reaction straight after the fall.

In other note... these guys are really in other world in these efforts... he looked almost like fainted in most of pictures after the crash. These guys are unbelievable in the way they can take out all they have in such efforts.

bajbar said:
bambino said:
Lequack said:
Nibali crash from another angle, spectator video:
https://twitter.com/LeGruppetto/status/1020050957525311494

I don't see moto in that video that would've caused the crash. Hard to say what did, but looks like spectator push to me.

Yeah, it looks like his handlebars got tangled into something that a spectator had in his hands. It definitely wasn't a moto.

Looks like it (from another thread):
XFLBkpE.gif