• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour 2018 stage 17: BDL to Saint-Lary-Soulan 65k

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
ppanther92 said:
jaylew said:
Nothing wrong with the grid start. It's unlikely to have much effect but there's really no reason to bash it as there's no real negative aspect to it.

You said what i wanted to say in much more eloquent ways.
There is a very negative aspect to it.

Passing off stupid gimmicks as innovation and development in the sport is insulting to our intelligence.
It's indeed just a gimmick. I thought the distance between groups would be greater. This was just stupid.

Red Rick said:
ppanther92 said:
jaylew said:
Nothing wrong with the grid start. It's unlikely to have much effect but there's really no reason to bash it as there's no real negative aspect to it.

Passing off stupid gimmicks as innovation and development in the sport is insulting to our intelligence.
Give me a break. No one is passing it off as some great innovation. It's not like this is at all new in cycling. Besides, it's not like ASO, the UCI, and the teams got together for 3 weeks to decide on some changes in cycling and this is what they came up with. It's simply not worth being upset about.

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Red Rick said:
ppanther92 said:
jaylew said:

I'm not sure they are advertising this as 'development' .... to me it's just a marketing gag and as such pretty much ok .... will it distort the outcome of the tour? certainly not ... does it hamper or endanger the riders? most likely (depending on the chaos at the start, we'll see) not ... so it's ok