• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LeMond cares nothing for American cycling, just himself... Its sad...

Trolls

BANNED
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The U.S. economy is in the dumps. Now, millions of are tax dollars are going to be spent by a bunch of politicians trying to make a name for themselves on the word of a cheater, a doper, perjured himself in court, took vast amounts of money from people who believed in him, and sold a book of nothing but lies.

If our tax dollars are going to be spent investigating sports, how about starting with prosecuting Floyd Landis for perjury, and requiring him to return all the donations based on his lies. Then there's LeMond, who was visciously attacked by Landis in his court battle, now holding hands with Landis trying to bring Lance down. Both men are just sad memories of the past. Once they were both heroes to me, now they just seem like vengeful, sore losers.

Regardless of the outcome of all this, it will damage American cycling, and it is apparent that neither Landis or LeMond care nothing for American cycling, just themselves.

Lastly, Armstrong has NEVER failed a doping control. LeMond bases his claims of Lance doping on his performances during his 7 year reign on the Tour, while LeMond had similar performances at a time when there was much less testing, so who's to say he didn't dope as well. Spend my tax dollars on stimulating this economy and getting the enormous amount of people who lost their jobs back to work, and let cycling's governing body deal with their rules and regulations, that's their job, not the U.S. governments.

This all reeks of a "witch hunt" as Lance warned, with Floyd Landis, the least credible cyclist in history identifying the witches. We also can't forget this isn't just about Lance. Landis accused practically all of America's greatest cyclists, including George Hincapie of doping, but you don't hear LeMond tooting that particular horn because George wasn't more successful in the Tour than LeMond.

Since LeMond retired he has turned into a spiteful, jealous old fool. I cannot believe his yearly assaults on Armstrong's clean bill of health. I am so tired of LeMond trying to stay relevant by pulling down the only American to eclipse his feats in the Tour and on death's door.

It's Lance's name that makes the headlines, but this investigation encompasses all who road for U.S. Postal. What a prudent use of our tax dollars during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Its not just Lemond & his mission to drill US cycling into the ground I'm mad at, it just another example of what a wonderful job our government is doing to restore our economy.

LeMond may have been a great rider, a great champion in his day and a terrific ambassador for American road racing; but no longer is he the affable, courteous champion he once was.

Welcome to the United States of America, Greg, where one is innocent until proven guilty.

America waste's its money on a lot more pointless things than this...

this should be a serious investigation; it';s a possible fraud of the us postal service. the us government builds bridges to no where and spends billions of dollars on pointless wars, why not investigate this?

Mellow Velo said:
Reminds me of one of Bobby Drivel's early efforts.
Go 99ers..............as far away as possible.

Whatever happened to Robert the Muppet? He has to be using some name. He showed up a while back, claiming that he was off the grid, safe in his bunker, and ready for when the Jews brought the world to its knees.

lol that name does make ma laugh.

He probably expects the name to be banned. Its got to the point where bpc (or whoever it is) will continue to post under new nicknames. Perhaps the mods should just let him keep 1 name to post under. This would be as good a name as any to let him keep.

Joke would be on him.;)

troll.jpg

Pharazon said:

this should be a serious investigation; it';s a possible fraud of the us postal service. the us government builds bridges to no where and spends billions of dollars on pointless wars, why not investigate this?

Totaly off topic and trolling. As horrible as it might sound to you some of us do hold alternative opinions on this, and would rather not have to encounter these cheap political points on a cycling forum, especially not when they are unprovable opinions disguised as fact. I have debated this topic at more important occasions and in more depth than a cycling forum, but i come here to talk about cycling and doping.

Feel like taking it further, by all means pm me.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Trolls said:
The U.S. economy is in the dumps. Now, millions of are tax dollars are going to be spent by a bunch of politicians trying to make a name for themselves on the word of a cheater, a doper, perjured himself in court, took vast amounts of money from people who believed in him, and sold a book of nothing but lies.

If our tax dollars are going to be spent investigating sports, how about starting with prosecuting Floyd Landis for perjury, and requiring him to return all the donations based on his lies. Then there's LeMond, who was visciously attacked by Landis in his court battle, now holding hands with Landis trying to bring Lance down. Both men are just sad memories of the past. Once they were both heroes to me, now they just seem like vengeful, sore losers.

Regardless of the outcome of all this, it will damage American cycling, and it is apparent that neither Landis or LeMond care nothing for American cycling, just themselves.

Lastly, Armstrong has NEVER failed a doping control. LeMond bases his claims of Lance doping on his performances during his 7 year reign on the Tour, while LeMond had similar performances at a time when there was much less testing, so who's to say he didn't dope as well. Spend my tax dollars on stimulating this economy and getting the enormous amount of people who lost their jobs back to work, and let cycling's governing body deal with their rules and regulations, that's their job, not the U.S. governments.

This all reeks of a "witch hunt" as Lance warned, with Floyd Landis, the least credible cyclist in history identifying the witches. We also can't forget this isn't just about Lance. Landis accused practically all of America's greatest cyclist, including George Hincapie of doping, but you don't hear LeMond tooting that horn because George wasn't more succesful in the Tour than LeMond.

Since LeMond retired he has turned into a spiteful, jealous old fool. I cannot believe his yearly assaults on Armstrong's clean bill of health. I am so tired of LeMond trying to stay relevant by pulling down the only American to eclipse his feats in the Tour and on death's door.

It's Lance's name that makes the headlines, but this investigation encompasses all who road for U.S. Postal. What a prudent use of our tax dollars during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Its not just Lemond & his mission to drill US cycling into the ground I'm mad at, it just another example of what a wonderful job our government is doing to restore our economy.

LeMond may have been a great rider, a great champion in his day and a terrific ambassador for American road racing; but no longer is he the affable, courteous champion he once was.

Welcome to the United States of America, Greg, where one is innocent until proven guilty.

You are definitely a LANCE FANBOY. I think what is happening is going to be great. I feel that we will finally get to the truth about Mr. Armstrong.

I only care about American cycling because it will influence how easily I can watch bike races on TV here. :) Other than that, I don't care if we don't have any great cyclists coming down the pipe.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Trolls said:

This all reeks of a "witch hunt" as Lance warned, with Floyd Landis, the least credible cyclist in history identifying the witches. We also can't forget this isn't just about Lance. Landis accused practically all of America's greatest cyclist, including George Hincapie of doping, but you don't hear LeMond tooting that horn because George wasn't more succesful in the Tour than LeMond.

That he SO ****es off the moronic Armstrong fanboys may very well be what I like best about LeMond.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pharazon said:

yeah like the war on drugs, would've been hilarious if not so many people are killed because of it though

I admire what both Greg and LA have done in their cycling careers. One could ask why Greg has been more involved in cycling since, oh, about 2000 but not so much before then? It might appear like self-interest. But I am willing to give both GL and LA the benefit of the doubt and wait until the sh@#$%t hits the fan in the investigation. I'd rather see the truth come out, if that's possible. I hope it is.

BroDeal said:
Whatever happened to Robert the Muppet? He has to be using some name. He showed up a while back, claiming that he was off the grid, safe in his bunker, and ready for when the Jews brought the world to its knees.

Long winded title and a rabid, rambling, on the soap box post?
Definitely the Drivel meister's MO.
Usually disappears down his own hole, afterwards, so if Mr Trolls doesn't respond, we have our hombre.:rolleyes:;)

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:

Its No_Positives from cyclingforums...

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
I admire what both Greg and LA have done in their cycling careers. One could ask why Greg has been more involved in cycling since, oh, about 2000 but not so much before then? It might appear like self-interest. But I am willing to give both GL and LA the benefit of the doubt and wait until the sh@#$%t hits the fan in the investigation. I'd rather see the truth come out, if that's possible. I hope it is.

Actually Lemond was very involved in cycling prior to 2000.
He just wasn’t making headlines. The press loves a good catfight and will publish anything that inflames. During those years before the crusade against doping, he was out there promoting cycling and holding charity cycling events (like the one I met him at). Those things don’t grab headlines though.

Personally I don’t think his outspokenness about doping has anything to do with jealousy. I think he really wants to clean up the sport.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Harplayr said:
Personally I don’t think his outspokenness about doping has anything to do with jealousy. I think he really wants to clean up the sport.

I just think its as helpful to cycling as trying to prove Hinault doped.

TRENDING THREADS