• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Saturday's stage 2 of Tour du Haut-Var should see how Pinot & Bardet are doing form wise -
Tour-du-Haut-Var-2019-etape-2-profil.jpg

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:
And Julien El Farès was in the front group again. This is probably his best race since Tirreno-Adriatico 10 years ago where he won a stage and rode with the big boys on a couple more occasions.
Thats some random knowledge right there Toby.

I just remember him winning the first stage in a two man break, get the jersey and then climb with the best (I've checked, and he was in fact 6th on the Montelupone climb that Purito won on both times it was used), which seemed pretty incredible, considering how unknown he was.

I actually thought he finished 6 in the GC as well, but that was a mistake as his TT was too bad to keep him in the top 10.

But I thought he would amount to something. He didn't. Probably a good example of the jersey giving wings.

And hey, there's no point in watching all this cycling, if I'm only going to forget it again :p

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Chapeau Pinot! :)

Stage 3 result -
1 Thibaut PINOT (Groupama-FDJ)
2 Romain BARDET (AG2R La Mondiale)
3 Hugh John CARTHY (EF Education First)
4 Lilian CALMEJANE (Direct Energie)
5 Alexis VUILLERMOZ (AG2R La Mondiale)

Vuillermoz really has been Mr Consistency in this race. 5th place on every stage. Maybe 4th on GC?

Decent showing by Bardet, just two seconds behind. If you were feeling harsh, you could point out that Pinot just took twice the number of wins Bardet has in the last eighteen months in one day, but it’s early season and at this point looking like the form is coming is the most important thing.

TRENDING THREADS