• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Breh said:
Alexandre B. said:
Quick Step tactics need some explaination.

Well,
They have their entire team in the break today. 7out of 10riders.
They've just caught the early breakaway. so theres 7out of 17 riders now.

Oh, Jakobsen had a flat tyre it seems
I’m not doubting their tactics in Samyn, but in Drôme. :D

Seems like they're trying to repeat the Drôme tactics; two Quickstep, one Direct Energi.

Clipboard.gif

no times :eek:

Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
Another great edition of Le Samyn. Congrats to Terpstra.

It was fun, but there was an element of a premier league team turning up to play in your local pub league. That QS team was just wildly overstrength and once a few of them got up the road the main suspense came from wondering if there was any possible way they could botch it.

Nice to see Gaudin looking good. Even better to see Gediminas Bagdonas looking strong, particularly after good rides in KBK and Omloop. That guy spent two seasons tearing up the .2s and I was really hoping he’d have a good classics career. Instead he’s been a solid but anonymous domestique since he got to the WT.

3rd time I watch Le Samyn and it's still so good. It just lacks some real competition as Zinoviev Letter said but it was still entertaining. Crazy pace, freezing temperatures and cobbles. Me gusta.

Even if they screw things up quite often, it's fair to say that QS are the master of wind and placement. As a team, in those kind of races, they are just pure legends. It's sometimes even more beautiful than the victory itself.

Great race by Gaudin btw, that guy has such en engine. He has been really brave today!

Re:

Netserk said:
I'm not quite sure why Gilbert fell back to Gaudin after Terpstra went, I'd have thought that the 1-2 had been more certain if had followed Terpstra's wheel. Then it could even have been him instead of Terpstra on the top step as well.

I think it was a combination of Gilbert not really getting on the wheel on Terpstra as Terpstra passed him because I think he might have been a bit tired at that point after his attack and Gaudin was closing in on him too, so he just fell back and got behind Gaudin instead. Because Gaudin would have got on both their wheel I think if he didnt do that right at that point.

Salvarani said:
Netserk said:
I'm not quite sure why Gilbert fell back to Gaudin after Terpstra went, I'd have thought that the 1-2 had been more certain if had followed Terpstra's wheel. Then it could even have been him instead of Terpstra on the top step as well.

I think it was a combination of Gilbert not really getting on the wheel on Terpstra as Terpstra passed him because I think he might have been a bit tired at that point after his attack and Gaudin was closing in on him too, so he just fell back and got behind Gaudin instead. Because Gaudin would have got on both their wheel I think if he didnt do that right at that point.
Gilbert may be tired from chasing back to the front group after a mechanical/bike change.

Re:

Netserk said:

I'll go with simple explanation, Terpstra was stronger than Gilbert.

Zinoviev Letter said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Another great edition of Le Samyn. Congrats to Terpstra.

It was fun, but there was an element of a premier league team turning up to play in your local pub league. That QS team was just wildly overstrength and once a few of them got up the road the main suspense came from wondering if there was any possible way they could botch it.

Nice to see Gaudin looking good. Even better to see Gediminas Bagdonas looking strong, particularly after good rides in KBK and Omloop. That guy spent two seasons tearing up the .2s and I was really hoping he’d have a good classics career. Instead he’s been a solid but anonymous domestique since he got to the WT.

That's the feeling I got. They did take some serious fire power and once they split it, it was a little meh. Stioll better than watching deserts

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Maybe Gilbert thought for a second or two that Gaudin was closer to his wheel than he actually was, ie that Terpstra had waited until the catch had been made and then gone over the top when in fact Terpstra had jumped Gaudin earlier.

Yes, this is possible. Gilbert seemed to hesitate for a moment. And maybe the chance was gone in that moment. I am glad he did drop back. It was the safer bet. I thought QS were going to mess it up again.

TRENDING THREADS