• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Mohoric is such a brilliant descender.

The way these guys are able to descend always amazes me.
I've ridden that descent a few times and it's trickier than it looks like, even tough being able to ride it using the full width of the road it's a totally different story.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
He is. One of the best in the pro peloton. With his steady progression we can finally see more and more of his fantastic descending skills in the important stages of a race. I still wonder what kind of rider he'll become, what kind of races suits him the most. Is he going to be just a very good domestic, an opportunistic stage hunter and a rider who can contend in second tier one day races like GP Larciano or is there more in him. Can he contend in some of the biggest classics? With his skill set I have a hard time seeing which one would suit him the most. He has a great motor, fantastic bike handling skills and he is a fantastic descender, but on the other side he is not explosive/has no punch, doesn't have a good sprint and is too heavy/not good enough of a climber for the hillier profiles. Maybe he'd do well in P-R but he has never ridden it, I don't know :confused: Boh, we'll see. The important thing is that he's getting better and better.

Re: Re:

johnymax said:
Alexandre B. said:
He is. One of the best in the pro peloton. With his steady progression we can finally see more and more of his fantastic descending skills in the important stages of a race. I still wonder what kind of rider he'll become, what kind of races suits him the most. Is he going to be just a very good domestic, an opportunistic stage hunter and a rider who can contend in second tier one day races like GP Larciano or is there more in him. Can he contend in some of the biggest classics? With his skill set I have a hard time seeing which one would suit him the most. He has a great motor, fantastic bike handling skills and he is a fantastic descender, but on the other side he is not explosive/has no punch, doesn't have a good sprint and is too heavy/not good enough of a climber for the hillier profiles. Maybe he'd do well in P-R but he has never ridden it, I don't know :confused: Boh, we'll see. The important thing is that he's getting better and better.

He's spoken about this. Essentially what he said was

He can't sprint. At all. He's not explosive on climbs much either. So the classics will be hard. Ideally he'd be a stage racer but his TT isn't up there and who knows how much his climbing can improve. So his attitude is "wait and see"

Re:

Samamba said:
Samyn revisted in West-Vlaanderen.

Nvm, it's even worse. 1 2 4 & 7 th :lol:

c857ae1f-7184-40f5-a04c-b4e000fb3ded_800.jpg

TRENDING THREADS