• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't understand small stage races that don't have super hard stages but do have a long TT. Isn't it just Thomas that's gonna win this and Skjelmose 2nd probably?

Yes - Tour of Algarve has a longish ITT, although the climbs are more challenging at Algarve. One of the four day stage races ( women ) in Belgium and Holland had an 18km ITT with the other three stages being flat - Of course there was no no cross winds and it was a damp squid.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Four races today and they're all televised!

The Giro della Toscana has switched to the hardest side of Monte Serra this year, definitely one of the most climber-friendly classics around these days.
giro-di-toscana-2022-result-profile-dfa68dea7a.jpg

Monte Serra (they climb up to Prato di Calci as that's where the descent joins):
Serra3N.gif

The GP de Wallonie sees both Mathieu van der Poel and the cobbled finish up to the citadel return this year.
gp-de-wallonie-2022-result-profile-8686ad60f2.jpg

Tienne aux Pierres:
tienne-aux-pierres-fo.png

Citadelle de Namur (cobbled section, profile ends at the flamme rouge, then flattish before the final 400 metres at 4%)
route-merveilleuse-citadelle-de-namur.png

The Tour de Luxembourg features the easiest stage of the race.
tour-de-luxembourg-2022-stage-2-profile-8198e6250d.jpg

Côte de Steinsel:
montee-haute-steinsel.png

Col de l'Europe:
col-de-l-europe-niederkorn.png

Poteau de Kayl:
tour-de-luxembourg-2020-stage-3-climb-n3-ad60eda61d.jpg

And the Okolo Slovenska also has its easiest stage, sadly that's saying a lot more in this case...
okolo-slovenska-2022-stage-2-profile-5dcdf92486.jpg

The GP de Wallonie sees both Mathieu van der Poel and the cobbled finish up to the citadel return this year.
gp-de-wallonie-2022-result-profile-8686ad60f2.jpg
It's been raining all day, and it will keep raining until late in the evening in Belgium. Wonder what effect this will have on the cobbled section. If I was Mathieu I would try to finish alone, and definitely not in a large group. Just to be sure that he doesn't put is WC in danger.

The women's race GP de Wallonie:
Planta Pura had 3 upfront at the end, paced the whole Citadel of Namen. Justine Ghekiere had a big gap in the last km but almost ended up the wrong way and went so slow in the last corner and became 2nd (she would've won I think). Her team mates Julie De Wilde 1st and Yara Kastelijn 3th.

Wet roads, but the little cobblestones were no problem. Mathieu could have a field day if he's near his top.

TRENDING THREADS