• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow Arkea, completely dominating. Duo attack now, going to be 1st and 2nd like this.

EDIT: looks like Vermeersch and Mozzato (?) were able to close the gap. Arkea needs to watch out with Mozzato as he's pretty fast.

EDIT2: 3rd guy of Arkea coming. No idea what Lotto is doing. You have 4 guys in the group (Arkea also 4) and you let 3 Arkea's go, only Vermeersch is with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Dunbar want to early on the final climb - You have to wait until 1-5kms as evidenced in the last three editions of the race - Anyway, Dunbar has ruined his career at Ineos who have deprived him of opportunities.
That seems a bit over the top. He’s 25 and has just won two pro stage races.

I agree that his early career hasn’t panned out as well as expected, but that’s as much about him getting injured or sick just before his planned opportunities as it is about Ineos not giving him many. He will get a nice contract now and probably lots of opportunities wherever he goes.

That seems a bit over the top. He’s 25 and has just won two pro stage races.

I agree that his early career hasn’t panned out as well as expected, but that’s as much about him getting injured or sick just before his planned opportunities as it is about Ineos not giving him many. He will get a nice contract now and probably lots of opportunities wherever he goes.

It's not over the top - He's a fifth year pro. One year at PCT and then four years at Ineos - Do you realise he has ridden one GT in his life which is important for a riders development and he's unlikely to get a GT this year.

• Wow
It's not over the top - He's a fifth year pro. One year at PCT and then four years at Ineos - Do you realise he has ridden one GT in his life which is important for a riders development and he's unlikely to get a GT this year.
Tbf, he was unlucky to miss the Vuelta last year due to illness, which would have been a good race for him.

But yeah, it all seems a bit conspiracy theoryish to act like Ineos don’t like him, because why sign him if they don’t, but he’s following in the footsteps of Deignan and Roche who both seemed to not get the GT rides their palmares and form may have deserved.

So happy for Hofstetter. He has done a fantastic 2022 so far, with top results everywhere he rode. Now he even won, yesterday. And he won a really prestigious race, Tro Bro Leon.

Only thing I didn‘t like: he, too, made this finger on lips gesture. I hope sponsors in future will make their riders avoid this gesture. Winning a race should be about happy feelings, and not about offensive gestures. The legs only should do the talking…

How does Tro Bro Léon not get it's own thread!?

Just finished watching and yet again another brilliant edition!

Very impressive again by Arkea Samsic.
I love the race but it has not yet been able to draw enough interest outside of the French teams. It's like if you took PR and shrunk it to 3/4 size...this year's edition was particularly good. Mozzato almost swiped a win from 3 Arkeas but Swift buried himself to set up HH.

I love the race but it has not yet been able to draw enough interest outside of the French teams. It's like if you took PR and shrunk it to 3/4 size...this year's edition was particularly good. Mozzato almost swiped a win from 3 Arkeas but Swift buried himself to set up HH.
Mozzato is a prime exaple why Italian riders with a certain skillset are better off turning pro with a non-Italian PCT team. I really doubt he would have gotten the chance to test himself in all those one day races if he was riding for an Italian team.

Mozzato is a prime exaple why Italian riders with a certain skillset are better off turning pro with a non-Italian PCT team. I really doubt he would have gotten the chance to test himself in all those one day races if he was riding for an Italian team.
Also a prime example of a not so expensive rider QS should put under contract as soon as possible.

First time he really caught my attention was Roubaix last year, when he was in the break nearly all day, and still finished in 20th place. He is strong, fast and has the endurance needed.
He also finished 3rd in Nokere Koerse (first in the bunch sprint) earlier in 2020, despite attackin before the final sprint.
He could become a rider similar t Colbrelli, but the later only rode a decent cobbles campaign for th first time in 2017 (and finished 10th in his first RVV), just before turning 27, after leaving Bardiani, while Mozzato on the other hand already has a decent amount of experience on the cobbles after his fist 2 seasons as a pro.

Today the Tour of Japan started with a nice hilly stage.
tour-of-japan-2022-stage-1-profile-f95e9d381e.jpg

The Aussie CT sputniks Nathan Earle and Benji Dyball from team Ukyo finished 1-2, 31 sec ahead of last years winner Nariyuki Masudas and the French Thomas Lebas. Vincente Toribo finished 6th, 1:18 down, in the same group as his teammate, the immortal Francisco Mancebo, who finished 9th.
The stage top 10
Tomorrow we have the classic Mount Fuji MTF, so I expect Dyball to go thermonuclear.

TRENDING THREADS