• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So, last week we had the Tour du Limousin - Nouvelle Aquitaine. This week - starting tomorrow - we'll have the Tour Poitou - Charentes en Nouvelle Aquitaine.
The Nouvelle Aquitaine region does not want to have their own bike race, but they'll happily share hosting rigths with neighbouring regions.
Nouvelle Aquitaine is one of the products of the recent re-organisation of French territories into larger administrative regions. It was created by merging three former regions: Aquitaine, Poitou-Charentes and Limousin.

While the regions may have been reorganised, however, the départements within them have not, so the upshot of this is that Poitou-Charentes and Limousin no longer exist as administrative entities, but the départements that were part of those regions still host the bike races in the area that previously existed as regional races, but both are tours of (no longer extant, but easily definable) sub-entities within Nouvelle-Aquitaine.

So, last week we had the Tour du Limousin - Nouvelle Aquitaine. This week - starting tomorrow - we'll have the Tour Poitou - Charentes en Nouvelle Aquitaine.
The Nouvelle Aquitaine region does not want to have their own bike race, but they'll happily share hosting rigths with neighbouring regions.

But they're no longer included in the name of a WWT team.

And they don't plaster their name on mountain finishes like Serre Chevalier.

Nouvelle Aquitaine is one of the products of the recent re-organisation of French territories into larger administrative regions. It was created by merging three former regions: Aquitaine, Poitou-Charentes and Limousin.

While the regions may have been reorganised, however, the départements within them have not, so the upshot of this is that Poitou-Charentes and Limousin no longer exist as administrative entities, but the départements that were part of those regions still host the bike races in the area that previously existed as regional races, but both are tours of (no longer extant, but easily definable) sub-entities within Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
For other races, especially Route du Sud, it has changed the race. Dauphiné as well.

Reactions: Monte Serra
Sarreau won the first stage, ahead of Theuns and Penhoët.

Or not... now he's listed as having finished 101st... with this being the top-10:

However, if there isn't an FDJ rider right there at the front, then you can call me Mads!

299502051_10160735614185934_1937648811937643340_n.jpg

(Please, do not call me Mads.)

And he's not last in the front group, so would be a weird relegation, unless it's a case of UCI points for the first 100, so put him at 101st, so he - and his team - will miss out on the points.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Or not... now he's listed as having finished 101st... with this being the top-10:

However, if there isn't an FDJ rider right there at the front, then you can call me Mads!

299502051_10160735614185934_1937648811937643340_n.jpg

(Please, do not call me Mads.)

And he's not last in the front group, so would be a weird relegation, unless it's a case of UCI points for the first 100, so put him at 101st, so he - and his team - will miss out on the points.

It was probably a case of mistaken identity. They look a lot alike...

Or perhaps Gudmestad was also relegated.

Yeah I know but I didn't know it was possible to hold your 4 other fingers straight while bending your pinky.

The other day he did it with both pinky fingers.

I can't hold 3 fingers straight with my right hand even if I hold down my pinky with the thumb, This meant I had to use my left hand to get my right hand to do the three-finger salute, when I was a scout in my youth.

FascDgeXEAMcO92

Last edited:
I noticed that Turkey has a really big calendar, almost all year long, of 1.2 and 2.2 races. Quite a lot of Eastern European and Asian CT teams and their riders seem to ride these races all year long.

Sadly, we (the world outside Turkey) doesn‘t really notice these races. No TV coversge, no images. That is a little bit sad, because I‘m sure many of us hardcore fans would like to get to know this Turkish racing scene.

Of course they certainly offer low prize money, and the teams and riders there won‘t earn millions. But this racing scene fascinates me. Riders like ex-Lampre Buts, Kononenko, Sayar, Reguigui, and few dozens others of them seem to have done nothing else within the last five to ten years than riding these races, all year long. So many 1.2 and 2.2 races - and, I suppose, that there also could be lots of National Elite races there which hardly anyone knows…

Who of you guys knows more about the world of Turkish 1.2, 2.2 and NE races? :)

Finger independence, I can do it I assume from 15 years of classical piano, a lot of the earlier years are spent developing 4 and 5 because they are the weakest.

The exercises and pieces that involve this movement are difficult even when fully developed

Don't know what De Lie's story is, maybe it's something some can just naturally do

TRENDING THREADS