• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races thread 2022

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I noticed that Turkey has a really big calendar, almost all year long, of 1.2 and 2.2 races. Quite a lot of Eastern European and Asian CT teams and their riders seem to ride these races all year long.

Sadly, we (the world outside Turkey) doesn‘t really notice these races. No TV coversge, no images. That is a little bit sad, because I‘m sure many of us hardcore fans would like to get to know this Turkish racing scene.

Of course they certainly offer low prize money, and the teams and riders there won‘t earn millions. But this racing scene fascinates me. Riders like ex-Lampre Buts, Kononenko, Sayar, Reguigui, and few dozens others of them seem to have done nothing else within the last five to ten years than riding these races, all year long. So many 1.2 and 2.2 races - and, I suppose, that there also could be lots of National Elite races there which hardly anyone knows…

Who of you guys knows more about the world of Turkish 1.2, 2.2 and NE races? :)
I don‘t have any insights about these races but from looking at PCS for like five minutes that these summer races which are all called Grand Prix X, Grand Prix Y etc. only exist as UCI races for less than three years. Racing in the rest of Asia, especially China has effectively collapsed so these races are important to the asian teams.

I noticed that Turkey has a really big calendar, almost all year long, of 1.2 and 2.2 races. Quite a lot of Eastern European and Asian CT teams and their riders seem to ride these races all year long.

Sadly, we (the world outside Turkey) doesn‘t really notice these races. No TV coversge, no images. That is a little bit sad, because I‘m sure many of us hardcore fans would like to get to know this Turkish racing scene.

Of course they certainly offer low prize money, and the teams and riders there won‘t earn millions. But this racing scene fascinates me. Riders like ex-Lampre Buts, Kononenko, Sayar, Reguigui, and few dozens others of them seem to have done nothing else within the last five to ten years than riding these races, all year long. So many 1.2 and 2.2 races - and, I suppose, that there also could be lots of National Elite races there which hardly anyone knows…

Who of you guys knows more about the world of Turkish 1.2, 2.2 and NE races? :)

At least some of them are streamed online.

The other day he did it with both pinky fingers.

I can't hold 3 fingers straight with my right hand even if I hold down my pinky with the thumb, This meant I had to use my left hand to get my right hand to do the three-finger salute, when I was a scout in my youth.

FascDgeXEAMcO92
My wife never ceases to amaze me. I showed her the photo and she immediatelyreplicated it (well, not the sprinting ahead of a peloton of pro riders bit), with all other fingers vertical.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Tomorrow(or today for you Europeans and most others) is the Bretagne Classic Ouest France, which is the 86th edition to be held.
bretagne-classic-2022-result-profile-n2-f9a43657b0.jpg

Tadej Pogacar once again lines up here to start his late season build up, but Wout Van Aert certainly will challenge for the win. Last years victor Benoit Cosnefroy lines up once again, with the other notable French team being FDJ with Gaudu and Demare as their leaders. Depending on his admittedly shakey form, Bini Girmay could challenge for victory, as could Michael Matthews, or Arnaud de Lie, who could be the dark horse on the day. What we do know is that all of the question will be answered by the end of the day.

Tomorrow(or today for you Europeans and most others) is the Bretagne Classic Ouest France, which is the 86th edition to be held.
bretagne-classic-2022-result-profile-n2-f9a43657b0.jpg

Tadej Pogacar once again lines up here to start his late season build up, but Wout Van Aert certainly will challenge for the win. Last years victor Benoit Cosnefroy lines up once again, with the other notable French team being FDJ with Gaudu and Demare as their leaders. Depending on his admittedly shakey form, Bini Girmay could challenge for victory, as could Michael Matthews, or Arnaud de Lie, who could be the dark horse on the day. What we do know is that all of the question will be answered by the end of the day.

You don't think Madouas and Küng are rhe captains for Groupama? Strong team they're sending here.

Sagan to blitz the opposition.

TRENDING THREADS