• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Let's celebrate the end of the career of one of the worst riders of the past decade

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
El Pistolero said:
They've got more pro seasons combined. ;)

These Colombians have already been riding since forever. Has Uran really grown over the last 5 years? Yeah, barely. And I know what happened to him.
You keep focussing on Uran (who btw had his best season to date last year). Yet no answer at all to Henao (1st season), Quintana (1st season) and Betancourt (2nd season)

Too bad you are running out of arguments so fast, again, and start repeating the only bad one you have left over and over again. Just like always, you're a broken record, you always do the same. Without ever giving a satisfactory, well reasoned answer, just to get out of the real discussion.
Lame :)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You keep focussing on Uran (who btw had his best season to date last year). Yet no answer at all to Henao (1st season), Quintana (1st season) and Betancourt (2nd season)

Too bad you are running out of arguments so fast, again, and start repeating the only bad one you have left over and over again. Just like always, you're a broken record, you always do the same. Without ever giving a satisfactory, well reasoned answer, just to get out of the real discussion.
Lame :)

I'm not really impressed by Henao. Quintana is very talented yes.

And Henao first season? Has been riding like a pro in South-America and you know it.

And what's so special about Betancurt? I can probably find a dozen youngsters with similar seasons in their second year as a pro.

Fact of the matter is that this bad cyclist Leipheimer has a better palmares than all 4 Colombians combined. :eek:

don-t-feed-the-trolls-men-s-standard-weight_design.png

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
Of course just like we can't count Contador's 2010 Tour and 2011 Giro (among other races) we have to eliminate all of Leipheimer's races during his admitted period of shame.

Even with those results scrapped, it's still better. :eek:

You either eliminate everything from that period or you don't anyway. I watch cycling, not USADA's revisionist history book.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Fact of the matter is that this bad cyclist Leipheimer has a better palmares than all 4 Colombians combined. :eek:

Give the Colombians time, by the time some of them get to the age Levi is now their palmares will have surpassed his. ;)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Any other things you know for certain? Who will win LBL in 2016?

Andy Schleck, Joe Dombrowski, Nairo Quintana, and Vincenzo Nibali will break away from the pack with 25 km to go. Schleck will attack his breakaway companions with 2 km to go and solo in to win the 2016 LBL. Dombrowski will just beat Nibali in the sprint for 2nd wile Quintana takes 4th. ;)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I'm not really impressed by Henao. Quintana is very talented yes.

And Henao first season? Has been riding like a pro in South-America and you know it.

And what's so special about Betancurt? I can probably find a dozen youngsters with similar seasons in their second year as a pro.

this is hilarious considering you always say to me and others how amateurish colombian cycling is and how low the level is. lol you dug your own hole and fell into it again :eek:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
this is hilarious considering you always say to me and others how amateurish colombian cycling is and how low the level is. lol you dug your own hole and fell into it again :eek:

Not at all. I compared it to cyclo-cross level. Cyclo-cross is a professional sport, just an incredibly small one.

Same goes for South-American cycling.

Besides you think the level in South-America is incredibly high, so you can't use the "first year as a pro" argument. I don't dig, I'll let you do my digging.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Lets also celebrate the next end of career of Menchov, Klöden, Frank Schleck, Basso, Scarponi and Zubeldia. Most of them with an inferiority complex because of the Us Postal era and which never contributed nothing for cycling.

TRENDING THREADS