• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

5uJI35u.png

Ft7bp6ZWIAUN4Hb

All the best riders are back yet again at LBL. Can anyone stop Demi after her win in Fleche, she seems to be in a form that others will have a hard time to match.
Last year it was Van Vleuten who won with a daring solo attack, akin to Remco in the mens race.

Notable riders: Vollering, Van Vleuten, Longo Borghini, Persico, Lippert, Labouse, Moolman, Georgi, Sierra, Mackaij

Jn4qCs8.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN.

8xyVos7.png

Full startlist (not yet final):

Map:

b11be

Profile:

02bc3

Last 35 kms

FuLDLPWXwA43qQs

Demi is the hot favourite, and probably only the strongest version of Annemiek will be able to beat her. But the weather could be bad on Sunday, which could give Grace Brown a good chance of getting another top result.

It seems the field is a bit weaker than usual, I know the startlist in not yet final, but still. Where is Vos, Cavalli, Kopecky, Ludwig, etc.?

Kopecky is riding on the track in Canada this weekend, but I doubt she would have raced it anyway. Most of the other bigger names will probably ride it, but I'm not sure about Vos, who won't be able to survive the final and also didn't ride yesterday.

Probably Chabbey, she could pull it off from a similar kind of move to that which Paladin tried in AGR, she's better on the longer climbs than Soraya. Hell, Pauliena Rooijakkers would be similar, but her sprint makes Kasia look like Lorena Wiebes and she has had a pretty quiet year so far.

Chabbey and Bauernfeind were sitting behind Rooijakkers when they were pulling the peloton, so I assume Paladin in their second leader, but that obviously doesn't guarantee she'll have better legs than them in the final.