• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liège-Bastogne-Liège: October 4th, 2020

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Extra lol for Eurosport switching onto super bikes before the result.
And the commentator's last words before the programme were, "How do you follow drama like that?"

Not by leaving it unresolved. They are obviously so determined to get people to pay for the online coverage that they no longer give a *** for those who pay for the channel as part of a TV package.

Im on the opposite side of this: Pogacar and Hirschi are kids who are already at the very forefront of the sport and already have big wins this year. I like them both but couldn’t care less that they didn’t get to sprint for another win. That was pure comedy and I loved it.

They had a chance to win a monument, who says they will ever get the same chance again. In their career.

"Pure comedy and I love it".

An attitude I think is so wrong on so many levels.

For everyone declaring Hirschi was gonna win: watch again and notice Pogacar's building speed.
You can never know for sure, but I honestly believe Pogi was going to win.
The thing is that Hirschi had barely opened his sprint and was on the wheel of Alaphilippe when Alaphilippe swayed in front of him. I believe that Hirschi would have had an extra gear if he had been allowed to open up for his top speed. He is usually the faster rider of the quartet and on Roche he looked majestic

Or just allowed to get on with the race with zero punishment, like the Vantomme incident. It's hard to argue that Sagan is a guy that gets a rough deal from the commissaires, because the two times Sagan has been penalised, he absolutely should have been, and it's not like he hasn't trodden that line without crossing it enough to be penalised a couple of times too. The DQ the first time was harsh and the initial relegation seemed fair... but relegation's the same thing that has happened to Alaphilippe here and rightfully so. It's just that with it being a small group the relegation doesn't send him that far down. It's only because it's a one-day race and not a stage race that there are no longer-lasting implications like the points penalty proved for Sagan.

No, it's not hard.

If you hate him, sure, otherwise no.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Or just allowed to get on with the race with zero punishment, like the Vantomme incident. It's hard to argue that Sagan is a guy that gets a rough deal from the commissaires, because the two times Sagan has been penalised, he absolutely should have been, and it's not like he hasn't trodden that line without crossing it enough to be penalised a couple of times too. The DQ the first time was harsh and the initial relegation seemed fair... but relegation's the same thing that has happened to Alaphilippe here and rightfully so. It's just that with it being a small group the relegation doesn't send him that far down. It's only because it's a one-day race and not a stage race that there are no longer-lasting implications like the points penalty proved for Sagan.

I absolutely disagree with your statement on Sagan.

In the Cavendish incident he did no wrong, and should never have been DQ'd - which the UCI later admitted.

No, it's not hard.

If you hate him, sure, otherwise no.
I think both relegation incidents against him were fair. I think a lot of people go way out of their way to claim him blameless, just like those people that claimed Heinrich Haussler somehow crashed himself out in the Tour de Suisse those times. I know you're a big Sagan defender just as you know I'm a big Sagan detractor, and I don't think you're viewing those incidents any more objectively than you think I am. Alaphilippe deserved the relegation here, but because of the way the rules work here, it is of little long-lasting effect, since it doesn't impact an ongoing competition the way penalising Sagan the additional green jersey points (I didn't know about that part of the rule tbh) did, and of course because it was only a group of 5 putting him to the back of it doesn't really impact him particularly severely.

They had a chance to win a monument, who says they will ever get the same chance again. In their career.

"Pure comedy and I love it".

An attitude I think is so wrong on so many levels.

Have you considered taking the stick out of your rectum? Hirschi won FW a couple of day’s ago and barring accident or injury is a nailed on top contender in every hilly classic in the next decade. Pogacar just won some other bike race, one of those boring multistage ones. They are both about twelve years old. They got bumped out of a chance to sprint in one race. If you can’t see the funny side of that sprint, I don’t know what to say to you

Reactions: Sandisfan