• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
on3m@n@rmy said:
Interesting question. I've not heard how AS goes about training, or if he really gets after it whole hog. But is AS really careless about training? Or does he care less about training? If the latter, he will never beat AC again without divine intervention... even with Johan.

I think the devine intervention is Dr. F.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
pastronef said:
i couldn't have imagined Contador having so many fans rooting for him at the next Tour :D

I didn't see any link with the fussion. If Alberto surpass Andy in "love" is because the way he rode this year at Giro and Tour, and Andy bar Galiber ZERO entertainment this year.

Forunculo said:
I didn't see any link with the fussion. If Alberto surpass Andy in "love" is because the way he rode this year at Giro and Tour, and Andy bar Galiber ZERO entertainment this year.

i see some links anyway. everything bruyneel and LA related is poison for someone. look for some posts about people praying not to see Big Jens joining the team next year.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestoned said:
Well, in last 2 seasons, even RS had more success than your skyhigh team.
I am still waiting for the British Tourwinner. Only 2 years left. Perhaps they meant tourstagewinner.

Somehow I find it strange that you use to spend more time and energy on Team RS, L-T, and their players, than on your own British superfutureproject.
What about a TeamRSFans website, proudly presented by middlefingerrecipientofTeamRSteambus.

Lets have a look shall we.

Radioshack 15 wins including, Vuelta al Pais Vasco, a stage of the Tour de France, The Dauphine and Tour de l'Ain
Sky 22 Wins including stages of the Giro, Omloop Het Volk, Dauphine, PIcardie

Radioshack 30 wins, including the Slovenian and Japanese national championships, Tour of California, and Colorado
Sky 28 wins, including Dauphine, 2 stages of the Tour de France, one stage of the Giro, Kuurne Bruxelles Kuurne, Eneco Tour.

As for your 2 years to go comment? how do you work that out? Skys original stated aim was to win the tour within FIVE years. This may be a tough one for you, but FIVE minus TWO is THREE.

and it wasnt the bus, it was one of the team cars.

Cobblestoned said:
btw, the only annoying thing I find about Team SKY is you. :D

Has nobody told you how to use the block feature?

But thanks for the insults. You really are a sad **** arent you.

anyway, this thread is not about Sky nor is it about childish insults. Grow the **** up.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Lets have a look shall we.

Radioshack 15 wins including, Vuelta al Pais Vasco, a stage of the Tour de France, The Dauphine and Tour de l'Ain
Sky 22 Wins including stages of the Giro, Omloop Het Volk, Dauphine, PIcardie

Radioshack 30 wins, including the Slovenian and Japanese national championships, Tour of California, and Colorado
Sky 28 wins, including Dauphine, 2 stages of the Tour de France, one stage of the Giro, Kuurne Bruxelles Kuurne, Eneco Tour.

As for your 2 years to go comment? how do you work that out? Skys original stated aim was to win the tour within FIVE years. This may be a tough one for you, but FIVE minus TWO is THREE.

Has nobody told you how to use the block feature?

But thanks for the insults. You really are a sad **** arent you.

anyway, this thread is not about Sky nor is it about childish insults. Grow the **** up.

You should have a look again....and then come back to accept.
Your balanced and constructed overview includes multiple wrong and missing results.

Make it 5 years, dude. I'll give you that one. Won't change the fact that it will never happen. :D

I have no reason to be sad, because haters entertain me.
I think they'll win the teamclassification of this thread, which is really awesome.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
ScottinPhilly said:
They can call the team whatever they want. None of it matters one bit as long as Andy Schleck can not time trial. In this day the TT is where a tour is won and lost. There is just not enough seperation in the mountain stages between the top riders in the world.

Now if Andy suddenly becomes a world class time trialist after several years of being crap at it; that will certainly raise some eyebrows and the inevitable questions,won't it?

Let's put it this way: Andy will become a world class time trialer. If the unlikely happens and he just can't, TdF TTs will become very short.

just some guy said:
Is Andy with child ?

Eventually his new helpers will find some way to screw him. Ask then.

Forunculo said:

Just wait for the media blitz. There will be tough talk about what a bad guy Alberto is and how he doesn't respect his team-mates etc etc etc. then we'll get the Shack ads with Andy the loveable respectable but hard working athlete who plays by the rules.

In between all of that Cadel will be forgotten.... just like Sastre in 2009.

Cobblestoned said:
You should have a look again....and then come back to accept.
Your balanced and constructed overview includes multiple wrong and missing results.

Make it 5 years, dude. I'll give you that one. Won't change the fact that it will never happen. :D

I have no reason to be sad, because haters entertain me.
I think they'll win the teamclassification of this thread, which is really awesome.

Well in 2010 SKY had more wins but Shack more quality victories, this season things have been pretty much equal.

However when these two teams started out, if someone had suggested SKY would come closer to winning a GT than Shack, never mind potentially putting 2 riders on a GT podium they would have been derided out of here.

One barely top 10 place in two years of GTs is an epci fail for a team who were designed to do well in GTs, especially the Tour.

The fact that RadioShack/Nissan had already announced their continued sponsorship beyond 2011, yet Bruyneel decided to abandon most of his team and throw his lot in with Leopard is a tacit admission that his team had failed in what they set out to do. Namely perform in GTs with experienced GT contenders.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
ScottinPhilly said:
They can call the team whatever they want. None of it matters one bit as long as Andy Schleck can not time trial. In this day the TT is where a tour is won and lost. There is just not enough seperation in the mountain stages between the top riders in the world.

Now if Andy suddenly becomes a world class time trialist after several years of being crap at it; that will certainly raise some eyebrows and the inevitable questions,won't it?

I wouldn't say Andy can't TT or is a crap-TTer.
Perhaps you should check your standards or expectations.
Not everyone can be superior in both, TT and mountains.
There is only one Contador ( and a clever Evans of course ;) ) , and there was only one Lance.
Saying Andy is a crap-TTer would be like saying that Ullrich was a crap-climber. No.

If you have a closer look, even Andy is a worldclass TTer right now.
If you want to see crap-TTers then have a look down to perhaps Continental-Tour. :D

Anyway, I will give away my TT-bike if Andy should beat Alberto, Martin, Cancellara one day. He never will. Even the Hog won't manage to improve Andy's TT, so that Alberto would worry.
I think Andy will not be able to significantly improve his TT. He does his best, and Andy's TT is just Andy's TT.

Not absolute top, but better than average. This guy is too young to trash on him anyway and he has some great great palmares so far.

pmcg76 said:
The fact that RadioShack/Nissan had already announced their continued sponsorship beyond 2011, yet Bruyneel decided to abandon most of his team and throw his lot in with Leopard is a tacit admission that his team had failed in what they set out to do. Namely perform in GTs with experienced GT contenders.

It does make one wonder why if:

- RadioShack, Nissan & Trek were all renewed as sponsors
- Bruyneel already had his own ProTour license
- Bruyneel already had operations in Luxembourg and Belgium
- RadioShack had their key riders still under contract
- RadioShack had plenty of roster space to go after whoever they wanted
- CSE marketing was already in place with a proven product
- RadioShack had, by some measure, a successful 2011 season
- Leopard trek was on the ropes financially

Why RadioShack and Bruyneel, with all their proven product and success, didn't geet the operational status quo and simply go on a signing binge and rebuild an operation that, by some accounts on here, was lacking only in personnel.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Why RadioShack and Bruyneel, with all their proven product and success, didn't geet the operational status quo and simply go on a signing binge and rebuild an operation that, by some accounts on here, was lacking only in personnel.

And who should Johan binge upon?

Andy and Frank.
Frank and Andy.

Radioshack-Nissan-Trek.
Band of Brothers.
Musketeer Status.
All for one and one for all.

Mission Accomplished.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Well in 2010 SKY had more wins but Shack more quality victories, this season things have been pretty much equal.

However when these two teams started out, if someone had suggested SKY would come closer to winning a GT than Shack, never mind potentially putting 2 riders on a GT podium they would have been derided out of here.

One barely top 10 place in two years of GTs is an epci fail for a team who were designed to do well in GTs, especially the Tour.

I think we all saw what happened in last GTs and their great goal TdF.
It was hurting.
And I see many people who enjoyed it and can't stop celebrating RS's epic GT-fail, especially at le Tour. The only consolation left besides successful seasons.
The days of calling them retirement-shack are over and Johan is looking to the future and improving the team.
Big failure and a sign that the team has failed big time of course. :rolleyes:
Can this team and those guys do anything right ?

They should focus on those old guys again, so that the retirement-shack-failing-big-time jokes can be fired out again in old manner.

Anyway, that SKY thing is just your opinion, man. :cool:

A

Anonymous

so which website will the use, the livestrong.com one, or the leopard one. hmm..

Polish said:
And who should Johan binge upon?

Andy and Frank.
Frank and Andy.

Radioshack-Nissan-Trek.
Band of Brothers.
Musketeer Status.
All for one and one for all.

Mission Accomplished.

So they put up with a co-owner who knows almost nothing about cycling and doesn't want to contribute financially, they have to share a ridiculously long name, they have to give up total and complete control, they have to get used to working with whatever staff is retained from Leopard and whatever riders that can't be let go, all to get one rider who still hasn't proven he can TT or win a GT (but can still only get second even when his main rival is out of the picture), and his family-discount brother?

I thought those guys were all about kicking *** and taking names, not putting up with all sorts of compromise just to get one rider...

Mission accomplished... why does that sound familiar?

Oh yeah:

mission-accomplished.jpg