• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 82 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
I don't think so... physically he doesn't have the talent of a Contador or even Evans (at least Aldo Sassi said so). I think he's so good precisely because he's such a hard worker.

aldo also said he had incredible mental strength and was able to suffer like no1 else so that together with his hard work mentality makes for one hell of a rider

Parrulo said:
aldo also said he had incredible mental strength and was able to suffer like no1 else so that together with his hard work mentality makes for one hell of a rider

Nice comments on Hamilton as well.

Nothing on Armstrong.

Contador I agree is the best there has been.

This will only make Andy mad - he's being dipicted as lazy.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the reason I dislike basso is because he's a lying hypocrite pile of **** his way of racing I have nothing against. but away from the bike he's everything that makes cycling look bad

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
Official site launched:

http://www.radioshacknissantrek.com/

Reserve your free tickets for the team presentation on January 6th now and get ready for a "great surprise"!

Comeback 3.0 :D

Ryo Hazuki said:
the reason I dislike basso is because he's a lying hypocrite pile of **** his way of racing I have nothing against. but away from the bike he's everything that makes cycling look bad

Afraid I have to agree. Personally, I'm off the Basso love, especially after last year.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
ivan basso?? man he is a training animal I thought all knew that. during suspension he rode 5000 km per season alone

I'm assuming that's a typo? I've done 9000km this season as an amateur....

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Riis continues his "honesty first" policy..... :D I truly hope frandy is really hacked off by the comments, Amigo de Birillo will be dusting off the gynecological training plans as we speak...;)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The Basso before the ban was better than this after. (Not clinic). Two years without competition could kill the potential of plenty of riders.

The Schleck talk is surprising, he was his creation, but he isn't showing any bit of love for him. Even when Bjarne noticed Contador couldn't win, he use an strategy to hurt Andy chances more than Cadel's ones.

Bjarne is too confident in Contador case, maybe he knows something that the rest not. It's like he is counting the days to the Tour knowing he will be there and beat the traitors who leave his team.

With two ITT Bruyneel must send Andy to the Giro yes or yes.

Forunculo said:
Bjarne is too confident in Contador case, maybe he knows something that the rest not. It's like he is counting the days to the Tour knowing he will be there and beat the traitors who leave his team.

riis said about contador,that he didn't show yet his maximum,not in itt and not on climbs.contador himself said that for le tour 2012 he will improve tremendously.
actually if i think a little bit,contador showed his maximum,full peak power on the mountains just twice:verbier and etna.and that's it.now lots of people won't like what will happen on la planche des belles filles,toussuire and so on:eek:

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I am really a Riis, the man, fan. This first. He even produced my personal favorite moment of cycling for this season.
Bjarne always had serious problems about seriousness of riders who left him, or riders who refuse to work with him or just didn't sign his contract offer.
Who wouldn't ? :D
Cookie Jar ok, but not this.

However, I don't know one single "lazy" person on planet earth, who would be capable of becoming 2nd in the TdF or of winning important stages and podiums.
Like Bjarne states, Andy is just there at the wrong time. Like Ullrich was more or less there at the wrong time.
Praising Contador to moon and comparing him with Merckx or Hinault is just another sidekick.

All Bjarne is saying that Andy has to become mader, harder and crazier. Andy is still too nice and pretty. Needs more crazy assh*** skills to eventually beat Alberto and become an even better rider.
Alberto is hard, but he'll never be able to be a Hinault, who just sat on his bike and kicked the sh*** out of that Roubaix race, until it gave up and he won. Just for the peoples' and the cobbles' pleasure, not for himself.

Those serious health issues, especially thinking about that horrible crash, this made Alberto harder and perhaps changed him and his approach a little bit.
Also all that other trouble, now and then, made Alberto harder.
Even Lance made Alberto a little bit harder and better.

This is what makes some people harder and better, while others break.

Basso is a great rider and proud man. Don't mess with the Basso. Little rule. ;):cool::D

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
riis said about contador,that he didn't show yet his maximum,not in itt and not on climbs.contador himself said that for le tour 2012 he will improve tremendously.
actually if i think a little bit,contador showed his maximum,full peak power on the mountains just twice:verbier and etna.and that's it.now lots of people won't like what will happen on la planche des belles filles,toussuire and so on:eek:

There were some writes of spanish bloggers, amateur riders and journalist, who had been written that Conti wasn't at 100% in the Giro, that he rode a lot in February, March and April, resting only two weeks before the giro, not being 100% fresh, of course he was very good but not perfect. And because of this 4 months of no stopping was imposible to fix his wasted good shape and fatigue in one month.

I didn't pay much attention to "this hype" at first, but learning Contador will stop at early April to rest suits at 100% with those bloggers. The thesis is that he will be stronger than this Giro 2011, because of his better pre-race build, one year near his career peak, and some Riis improvements on him. And Riss told la gazzeta last week that Contador has room to improve and cited a work to strength his legs and his back.

I'm at 85% of negate this theory, but Contador has always been a box full of surprises.:p I hope the the superteams and a totaly new Andy can avoid a total domination like this Giro if this is true.

@Cobblestoned: What he's saying is pretty clear-Andy doesn't take his profession as serious as Contador or Basso, based on his experience of working with all of them. Andy's results and actions in various points in the season bare this out clearly, with his Vuelta's drama a prime example. I don't think this is a purposeful dig at Andy to get back at him for jumping ship. It simply sounds like he's keeping it real and speaking on his frustrations with working with someone as talented as Andy but lacking in the maturity, work ethic and dedication that he found with Basso and now with Contador.

Wrecktangle said:
Isn't he, and a smoker as well?

I didn't know Andy was a smoker. Wouldn't surprise me. Loves the nightclubs.

I should have said "is lazy" for a pro cyclist. Sure he does the k's but nothing about him is smart. His tactics are woeful & I don't just mean race tactics. His attitude is all messed up and I'm not sure Bruyneel will get through to him. There will be resistance & sulking.

jens_attacks said:

doubt Conta will improve much on his climbing, his TT on the other hand, i think he got it in him to be atleast the 3 best tt`ernext year

mewmewmew13 said:
just a general comment..
I was remembering some rider getting ready for his comeback...said he was doing 5000 situps /day...it was like 'wow' that's a LOT...
don't remember who it was though. It was just funny.
I think it might have been Vino:)...the animal

It was Valverde:

"He trained as much as when he was riding competitively, even more," Movistar team doctor Jesus Hoyos, claimed when speaking with Spanish daily El Pais.

"This year, he rode 48.000 kilometers, more than during a normal season. And he weighs less than 60 kilos, less than when he rode his last Tour de France."

Valverde is also said to be doing 3000 sit-ups every day."

ferryman said:
It was Valverde:

"He trained as much as when he was riding competitively, even more," Movistar team doctor Jesus Hoyos, claimed when speaking with Spanish daily El Pais.

"This year, he rode 48.000 kilometers, more than during a normal season. And he weighs less than 60 kilos, less than when he rode his last Tour de France."

Valverde is also said to be doing 3000 sit-ups every day."

haha that's it. thanx fman.
I like Valverde and am awaiting some fireworks next season. This gave me a chuckle when I saw it.