• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liege Bastogne Liege-7 hour monument, Sunday, April 21, 2024

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• MVDP

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • MVDP

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • MVDP

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • MVDP

• MVDP

• MVDP

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • MVDP

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • MVDP

• MVDP

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • MVDP

• Total voters
If there was a real poll, would Pog be a bigger favourite than MVdP was for Roubaix?

I'm not sure, maybe not. Roubaix is MVP playground and for Pog it's unknown. However the best monument to compare to Roubaix is Lombardy. And there I'm sure Pog would be a bigger favourite vs MVP than vice versa in Roubaix. MVP has zero chance to sustain uphill tempo of Pogacar (and other top climbers) in decisive stages of Lombardy and it won't even be close. He can't climb longer cols fast, which is his weakest point.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Well, Andreas, don't go gardening this year.

71d21d6c-2744-458e-b2b6-0b895145b3d1

Last edited:
I'm all for a bit of banter and such, but these thread starts have begun to really piss me the **** off at this point. I want the route map and profile, maybe start list in the OP. Maybe even a write up as was common years ago on this forum. At this point, just put a link to PCS and be done with it then.
Still have the Giro Monte Crostis-Zoncolan stage OP into my spine.

Such a lovely poster. Some historical accuracy, an absence of animosity, no hint of trolling, excellent English with no repetition, and a fan of both Pogacar and MVDP apparently.

Pure positivity.

What are you doing here?
Pogacar is the most popular rider in the peleton I do believe by a bit of margin followed closely by Vdp at second going from social media which is where fans follow their rider so your suggestion doesnt give any extreme odds if its true :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Snow was already melted this morning. But good news for tomorrow, 2 hail storms went down today. Bad news, I was in it. Good I’m a bit fatter than Skjelmose.

Belgian weather, sun, hail, sun, rain, hail, sun. Too warm on the climbs, more sweat so colder in the longer descents. Hard to find the right combo.

As a big Mathieu fan, if he pulls this off it will be his most impressive one. But I felt what we’re all thinking. Pogi will win solo. Easily with his Strade legs.

And after seeing Liege for 30 years, never thought the steep part of the Redoute was that hard. Roche aux Faucons no one can follow Pogi.

Last edited: