• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Life just got worse for Armstrong fanboys

Why pay for all that expensive packaging when you can just get that stuff from the faucet?

But come on, how about you drink a real beer Lance? May I recommend Val Dieu - Brown.

The shot on Treks was a little hurtful though, I ride one (2.3). I thought it would be a nice entry level bike.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
His groupies ride those junky Treks with their Postal jerseys so I am sure they will have no problem buying his $hitty beer.

If Treks are so "junkie" how is it they where involved in the winning so many grand tours since 1999?

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
alot people just have this weird thing about Trek. they think that because it's such a well known company, that means they are sell outs, which means they are sheep, which means they aren't cool, and because of that...they suck...somehow

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
soOpOSMthanks! said:
alot people just have this weird thing about Trek. they think that because it's such a well known company, that means they are sell outs, which means they are sheep, which means they aren't cool, and because of that...they suck...somehow

I agree. Enough with the Trek hating - I don't have one personally but I would definitely consider buying. I test rode one and it felt great.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
right so if a beer company offered you a bunch of money you would say no. of course thats never gonna happen cause your not good enough as cyclists doped or not which is where the real bitterness comes from. its not a crime to represent a beer company who cares. im no fanboy as thats the term la haters use for people who like him. but i hate pathetic haters more than anything else because of that go la lol.

forty four said:
right so if a beer company offered you a bunch of money you would say no. of course thats never gonna happen cause your not good enough as cyclists doped or not which is where the real bitterness comes from. its not a crime to represent a beer company who cares. im no fanboy as thats the term la haters use for people who like him. but i hate pathetic haters more than anything else because of that go la lol.

English, please.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
How else would you expect him to bankroll a doping program for 25+ riders and simultaneously payoff the UCI and his crack legal team??

AS for bikes, I just got me a Trek Madone 5.9 ml Special Edition.

Now, come on, Michelob and I go back a long, long, long...well you get the idea. My Dad had it in the beer fridge in the cabinet shop and before I was legal, if I wanted a beer, it was Michelob. After about thirty five years of NOT drinking it, I had one last summer and wondered what it was I liked about it at sixteen. Maybe it was the fast buzz without any complex flavors to deal with.

forty four said:

Doesn't that make you a hater as well?

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:

+1 (for the sentiment; not the grammar, sentence construction or use of punctuation)

The amount of self-righteous BS being posted here really is astounding. So I suppose none of you critics ever do anything for money?

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:

I want PBR to sponsor me. Man that would be so hip of me.

Murray said:
+1 (for the sentiment; not the grammar, sentence construction or use of punctuation)

The amount of self-righteous BS being posted here really is astounding. So I suppose none of you critics ever do anything for money?

I personally have no problem if Mr. Armstrong wants to sign contracts to endorse products. I want to sell books. I make no secret of that. In many respects I am a capitalistic ***** But, what's funny is the product he chose (or that chose him). It really is bad stuff and I have had my laughs today.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
You have to draw the line somewhere, and Michelob way over the line. It would be like a supposedly healthy rider endorsing a bottom of the ladder fast food place like Taco Bell. Oh, wait. Sorry, Greg.

I have to say I don't know anything about the quality (or lack thereof) of Michelob... being Canadian, I've never sampled it.

TRENDING THREADS