• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"Livestrong" Wrist Band v2? Suggestions?

Let's say that you wanted to tweak L.A. and didn't believe that wearing a BikePure bracelet was direct enough. What would you commission as your word-of-choice or phrase on a s**** second-generation Livestrong wrist band? "Liestrong" is the obvious, hackneyed choice. So let's hear new suggestions! (you can pick color other than yellow, too)

I always liked

42087380446e476276044e.gif

Joe, the black "Livewrong" bracelet has been out as long as the yellow "Livestrong" one.

It's the only one I would ever wear-no need to come up with anything else.

"Livewrong" is direct, clever and gets to the point with minimal fuss.

There are even "Livewrong" t shirts for sale. Can't beat that combo.

Berzin said:
Joe, the black "Livewrong" bracelet has been out as long as the yellow "Livestrong" one.

Evgeni, I wasn't aware of this. Thanks.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
For You, For You, I Doped for You

How about....

"Doped 4 You"

The "you" being the patients battling Cancer.

But first Lance will have to show that EVERY TdF winner also doped.
Easy that.

Just because everyone else was cheating - does that mean you should cheat??

NO!
Well, YES if you did it for an important cause.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Ah yes, the Livestrong cultists. I saw one of them this very morning in bike-happy, Tyler-friendly, gullible Boulder. He had on the shirt *and* the bracelet. Gee, I wonder why.

I scowled openly -- because I love cancer.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
joe_papp said:
Let's say that you wanted to tweak L.A. and didn't believe that wearing a BikePure bracelet was direct enough. What would you commission as your word-of-choice or phrase on a s**** second-generation Livestrong wrist band? "Liestrong" is the obvious, hackneyed choice. So let's hear new suggestions! (you can pick color other than yellow, too)

There's only one thing worse than a cheat like Armstrong; an ex-cheat with the rage of the converted.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The first thing that sprang to mind:

Asp_Handcuff_Hinged_Steel_Yellow%202%20400.jpg

[and for ueber clarity: yes, I doubt that Lance is as clean as he claims. No, I don't hate them, and this image is much stronger than my opinion/reading of the situation "warrants". It was just the picture that popped in my head. Put it down to a twisted mind rather than hate.]

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Francois the Postman said:

[and for ueber clarity: yes, I doubt that Lance is as clean as he claims. No, I don't hate them, and this image is much stronger than my opinion/reading of the situation "warrants". It was just the picture that popped in my head. Put it down to a twisted mind rather than hate.]

I'm rooting for joint custody - first the French "witchhunters" get him, then it's back to the States.

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
filipo said:
Ah yes, the Livestrong cultists. I saw one of them this very morning in bike-happy, Tyler-friendly, gullible Boulder. He had on the shirt *and* the bracelet. Gee, I wonder why.

I scowled openly -- because I love cancer.

I saw this same zombie today. Or maybe it was a different one, I can't tell them apart anymore.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Francois the Postman said:

Ha! Would be a blast to go watch ToC with those on.

I Watch Cycling In July said:
Ha! Would be a blast to go watch ToC with those on.
One side could get the LiveStrong logo, the other a red-white-blue for France. Those colors could as well stand for my national flag (Netherlands). If he lied about doping, I hope the international war tribune will make an exception to make a ruling for Lance. Killing thousands or lying to billions, about the same magnitude of evil.

I misplaced my own LiveStrong wrist bands. I could have permanent marked the letters for Li eStrong.

Berzin said:

Astana should have a black band around their sleeve :D

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
How about this neologism from some familiar words.

Lance---> L + ance

L for Lie

ance in C ance r

Strong

It seems that Lance still has come cancer in him despite the Chemo and surgery.

NW

Floyd = Argentina?

Epicycle said:
Green bracelet, "Bribestrong".

These are all great, including "Lancer Strong." Thanks for the good humor, all.

Not to change the topic of my own thread, but what should Floyd's bracelet say? "refunds of 2 cents on the dollar for all FFF contributions - take it or leave it, payout over 10 years"? He could be like the Argentina of pro peloton debt service.

For some reason, I feel a strange urge to own a mid-2000's BMC SLT01. I always thought the bike "looked cool" in it's own unique way...

That brings up another question, what say thee wristband-of-Andy-Rhis? (in red w/ black lettering, of course) "I'm full of sh*tStrong"? "No-different-than-any-other-dope-tolerating-team-owner/sponsor"? "Hang My Riders Out-to-DrySTRONG?"

OK, enough being goofy. And because someone will surely break my balls, I know that I'm just as guilty as any other doper, if not more so. (Wonder if I can fit that on a single bracelet? Hmmm...)

TRENDING THREADS