Lloyd Mondory has strong opinions about Columbia and Saxo

Mar 19, 2009
832
0
0
Prior to his first Tour de France, Lloyd Mondory did not mince his words towards training Saxo Bank and Columbia. The rider of AG2R-La Mondiale is "disgusted to see" reborn from its ashes "Fabien Cancellara in the last Tour de Suisse. Mondory is also tender with Frank Schleck:" I was running against him in junior, when he was in the team Châteauroux. After all progress differently. But compared to him, I have not progressed at all (laughs)! "He says, before recalling that Frank Schleck has nothing to do on a bike if it is proved that a a check of 7,000 euros to Doctor Fuentes.

About the Tour of Switzerland, the behavior of the Columbia team, who recorded seven victories stage, also called Mondory. "It's disgusting. Then we say that all is well in cycling. But that's disgusting. There are things that seem too big for you to want to believe it" concludes that some teams leave may not be starting in a breakaway during the three weeks of the Tour ...

http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=5124#ancre1
 
I imagine young Lloyd Mondory will get an earful from a certain Lance Armstrong. Armstrong, of course, will be defending the honor of the peloton. I wonder how many of Armstrong's teammates will spit on Mondory.
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
BroDeal said:
I imagine young Lloyd Mondory will get an earful from a certain Lance Armstrong. Armstrong, of course, will be defending the honor of the peloton. I wonder how many of Armstrong's teammates will spit on Mondory.

we'll get to see first hans if anything changed since bassons.
if not, it just proves his point. not that that would do him any good, but stil...
 
Mar 13, 2009
683
0
0
It's a little lost in translation but I think I get the gist of it. It'll be nice if more of these supposedly clean riders spoke out about their suspicions.

Also confirms what Lemond has been saying all along. Talent should be there from day one so if you're winning in the senior ranks, who should have been winning as a jnr, much like Greg's own career. You just don't become a world beater at 24 after joining certain teams and programs. Rant over.
 
It's a proven medical fact.
Riding for a team that runs an anti-doping monitoring programme, improves your performance, so you can ride faster for longer and recover in no time.

Well, it would be, were Garmin not around.
 
Mellow Velo said:
It's a proven medical fact.
Riding for a team that runs an anti-doping monitoring programme, improves your performance, so you can ride faster for longer and recover in no time.

Well, it would be, were Garmin not around.
Giving the person who oversees your team's anti-doping program a $10K bike improves the team's performance even more. I can just imagine the books for Astana. Fifty bikes for the teams' riders and fifty bikes for Damsgaard. The guy probably operates a bike shop in his spare time.
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
mondory seems to be really pis$ed.


nice stunt he pulled with tony martin. what an as$.
 
Mar 11, 2009
284
0
0
ak-zaaf said:
mondory seems to be really pis$ed.


nice stunt he pulled with tony martin. what an as$.
Even before the stunt at the finish line, it was the most blatant time trial drafting I've seen since Contador in the Olympics.
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
Did you see the way Krutzinger passed the FDJ rider on the climb? That was 1 minute pulled in 5k. Autologous blood doping big time, and the FDJ rider was clearly clean for that TT (or relative with a low crit.)

Krutzinger basically passed him like he was stopped and the liquigas car too honking like mad.
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
Epicycle said:
Prior to his first Tour de France, Lloyd Mondory did not mince his words towards training Saxo Bank and Columbia. The rider of AG2R-La Mondiale is "disgusted to see" reborn from its ashes "Fabien Cancellara in the last Tour de Suisse. Mondory is also tender with Frank Schleck:" I was running against him in junior, when he was in the team Châteauroux. After all progress differently. But compared to him, I have not progressed at all (laughs)! "He says, before recalling that Frank Schleck has nothing to do on a bike if it is proved that a a check of 7,000 euros to Doctor Fuentes.

About the Tour of Switzerland, the behavior of the Columbia team, who recorded seven victories stage, also called Mondory. "It's disgusting. Then we say that all is well in cycling. But that's disgusting. There are things that seem too big for you to want to believe it" concludes that some teams leave may not be starting in a breakaway during the three weeks of the Tour ...

http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=5124#ancre1
Yeah... Mandory likely has the same exact undoped talent as Schelck.
 
BigBoat said:
Did you see the way Krutzinger passed the FDJ rider on the climb? That was 1 minute pulled in 5k. Autologous blood doping big time, and the FDJ rider was clearly clean for that TT (or relative with a low crit.)

Krutzinger basically passed him like he was stopped and the liquigas car too honking like mad.
Couldnt Roy just have been taking it easy? He was 125th at the top of the climb.
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
Frosty said:
Couldnt Roy just have been taking it easy? He was 125th at the top of the climb.
He could have been, but I dont think he was. The way he went down the hill again and caught back up. :)

$hit I dont know how many riders are doing it, but thats an example of the diff...HUGE! (beavis laugh).

NO startline crit checks or total body hemoglobins this yr. LOL
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
BigBoat said:
Did you see the way Krutzinger passed the FDJ rider on the climb? That was 1 minute pulled in 5k. Autologous blood doping big time, and the FDJ rider was clearly clean for that TT (or relative with a low crit.)

Krutzinger basically passed him like he was stopped and the liquigas car too honking like mad.
You mean he passed the guy that finished 114th in the Paris-Nice prologue?
Oh my god! It has to be the dope!!!!
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,269
1
0
Dig back into the cyclinnews archive and check some of the results in the Tour L'Avenir (or other youngsters races) in the 90s. You'll see some famous names (like Kohl, F Schleck etc). Most of the times you wonder why they even got a contract...
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
Given that Roy has only one professional win and has nearly quit cycling a few times over the doping scandals, I believe him that he is clean.
 

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
290
0
0
unsheath said:
It's a little lost in translation but I think I get the gist of it. It'll be nice if more of these supposedly clean riders spoke out about their suspicions.

Also confirms what Lemond has been saying all along. Talent should be there from day one so if you're winning in the senior ranks, who should have been winning as a jnr, much like Greg's own career. You just don't become a world beater at 24 after joining certain teams and programs. Rant over.
Like usual Greg is talking through a hole in his head. It is absolute ******** to say that to be successful at a senior level you must have been successful at junior level. The fact is that many successful juniors are winning purely because they have developed earlier than their peers. As a junior coach I see it all the time. The classic kid at 15 who looks like an 18 year old and wins all the races at U17 level. Fast forward a few years and suddenly his early developmental advantage is erased as late bloomers catch him up. Not only that but the scrawny kid of a few years ago who had to work his *** of just to finish in the top ten has now developed a work ethic that will stand him in good stead as he moves into the bigger leagues and the kid who used to just turn up to win finds he is not winning anymore. So then you see the guy who used to be an also ran at junior level starts to win at the senior level while those who used to win purely because they matured earlier start to whine about; 'how can this be?'

Talent isn't merely about being able to win from the moment you hit the sport at a young age. It's about learning your craft, developing good work ethic, having good tactical sense. Plus there are many young kids with raw talent who only blossom after getting into a good coaching programme and onto a team that nurtures them and grows their strengths and addresses their weaknesses.

The problem with Lemond is that he has a mindset that if you do not do it like he did it then there is something sinister going on. A bit like a lot of the muppets who post on here.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
To be fair to the "muppets", Frank (to mention the original focus of the topic) showed barely anything for years, then proceeded to take a tremendous and quite instant jump from also-ran to competing with the top classics riders.
It was in no way, shape or form the natural steady improvement that you'd expect.

It also "coincides" with the payments he made to Fuentes for "training advice".

But that's perfectly normal. After all, who doesn't get training advice from a licensed gynecologist? ;)
 
BigBoat said:
He could have been, but I dont think he was. The way he went down the hill again and caught back up. :)
I look at that the other way round. He was taking it fairly easy going up the climb realising that he hasnt a chance either on this stage or the overall. Then when Kreuziger passed him he felt a bit embarrassed and so tried to catch him up. Roy would have been fresher having not blasted up the climb and managed to do it. Guess we'll never know for certain
 
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
issoisso said:
To be fair to the "muppets", Frank (to mention the original focus of the topic) showed barely anything for years, then proceeded to take a tremendous and quite instant jump from also-ran to competing with the top classics riders.
It was in no way, shape or form the natural steady improvement that you'd expect.

It also "coincides" with the payments he made to Fuentes for "training advice".

But that's perfectly normal. After all, who doesn't get training advice from a licensed gynecologist? ;)
There is a lot of epo use going on in the U-23s in Europe... Blood doping is rampent in pro cycling in those with the money and the connections to pull it off... Muscle strength is a non factor in Road cycling apart from sprinting... Its all aerobic power and this will be seen in 15 year olds and 18 year olds alike. Actually I'd agree with the TDF rider Mandory, your potential as a junior 17-18 year old is about right provided your not already doping. Not less than a few top juniors are already jacked on epo though so its sometimes deceiving from that perspective too.

The entire top 50 down the board here at the TDF are likely autologous blood doped and on other helpers like HGH, or IGF-1, slin, Synacthen, acto, etc... Maybe some of the french teams like FDJ are fairly clean though from the sounds of it.
 

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
290
0
0
BigBoat said:
He could have been, but I dont think he was. The way he went down the hill again and caught back up. :)

$hit I dont know how many riders are doing it, but thats an example of the diff...HUGE! (beavis laugh).

NO startline crit checks or total body hemoglobins this yr. LOL
Your irrationality is getting quite worrying, what the hell has the speed at which a guy gets passed going uphill got to do with the guy he passed catching him on a downhill. Any club racer could name you several riders that would blow by them on an uphill stretch but who can't descend very well. In fact many times the guys who aren't good climbers are very good descenders due to the simple fact that they have long experience of having to ride their asses of to get back on once over the top of a climb. If you watch the race you would see that Roy catches him on the technical downhill and then gets dropped again on the flat run in to the finish, perfectly usual when you are riding against a rider with more power than you but with less technical descending skill or one who is less willing to take risks.

Before you start talking a load of crap why don't you check the relative abilities of the riders concerned? As others have pointed out. Then you would avoid coming across as a total dope obsessed loser.

Oh, and while I am ranting, please stop posting your idle speculations as if they were facts. They are not facts and you bring no supporting evidence that supports your allegations as fact.
 
BigBoat said:
The entire top 50 down the board here at the TDF are likely autologous blood doped and on other helpers like HGH, or IGF-1, slin, Synacthen, acto, etc... Maybe some of the french teams like FDJ are fairly clean though from the sounds of it.
This just does not match current info. HGH can be detected. Insulin can be detected. The AFLD is using the IRMS test for testosterone without the initial T:TE ratio screen. There is now a standard for declaring bio-similar EPOs positive. As Dekker just found out, retrospective testing can be dangerous. Kohl said that he did not dare use anything other than autologous blood doping during the Tour. It is likely that a large number of the top riders are operating just like Kohl.

It is probable that the top riders are using blood transfusions because the performance levels have not dropped much in the last five years. The riders will have to put up with a very different recovery situation, though. This might not suit some riders. It will be interesting to see what happens in the last week.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
Bro, HGH cant be detected, there are indirect indications. The current test has a 24 hour window, but has never caught anyone.

Synacthen cannot be detected. IGF-1 neither. I think there were mooted tests for insulin, but I do not believe that can be detected neither.

I think the epo is redundant, as all evidence is, the autologous transfusions, can keep 'crit and hemoglobin and retics within ambiguous parameters.

Then ofcourse, are the means like plasma expanders, but I do not see this as relevant like BB does. I think most are at or near natural crits. Under 45. How they get 45, with equivalent hemaglobin of 55, is transfusions, and you can see that on the road. The others are not doing anything, and are not boosted, they are at natural crits of about 43. Mondory et al. Ofcourse, everyones natural crit is different.

Armstrong and the other dopers will be on experimental oxygen delivery drugs, not yet to market, that make it more efficient, and get the O2 to the muscles. They will be on everything that cannot be tested for, and androgens which cannot show up on the MSGC testing.

My mail was in 98, Armstrong at the Vuelta was bragging about an equine steroid he had, that no one else had. He has moved on since, but this demonstrates his mentality.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
BigBoat said:
There is a lot of epo use going on in the U-23s in Europe... Blood doping is rampent in pro cycling in those with the money and the connections to pull it off... Muscle strength is a non factor in Road cycling apart from sprinting... Its all aerobic power and this will be seen in 15 year olds and 18 year olds alike. Actually I'd agree with the TDF rider Mandory, your potential as a junior 17-18 year old is about right provided your not already doping. Not less than a few top juniors are already jacked on epo though so its sometimes deceiving from that perspective too.

The entire top 50 down the board here at the TDF are likely autologous blood doped and on other helpers like HGH, or IGF-1, slin, Synacthen, acto, etc... Maybe some of the french teams like FDJ are fairly clean though from the sounds of it.
Moncoutie is clean BB
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS