• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

London 2012 tickets

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
You can now apply for tickets for the next Olympics and since their pretty close I thought I'd take a look at the prices.
The ranking is obviously based on where your seat is.
£325.00 - AA
£225.00 - A
£150.00 - B
£95.00 - C
£50.00 - D
This is for weekdays.
On the weekend they have a double program where the prices for the morning show (90 minutes) are:
x.gif

£150.00 - A
£95.00 - B
£65.00 - C
£40.00 - D
£20.00 - E
This is for qualifying races and omnium stages.

Now, I knew the Olympics wouldn't come cheap but is this out of the ordinary?
The D/E tickets will probably get you a 1 seat per 10000 applications, so it's either go expensive or don't go at all.

Captain_Cavman said:
Did anyone here apply? We went for 4xC on two nights. But I've no idea whether we'll get them.

Has anyone found out what they've got yet?

I applied for the Road Race and one of the track ones, I forget which: I'm limited to weekends due to the journey we'd have to make. No info as yet. Doubt I'll get in but here's hoping ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Went for tickets on the men's pursuit late afternoon session on Fri 3rd Aug. Haven't heard anything yet but apparently the entire track programme is oversubscribed. LOCOG would have sold four times as many tickets had they been available. I'm not holding out much hope :(

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
LugHugger said:
Went for tickets on the men's pursuit late afternoon session on Fri 3rd Aug. Haven't heard anything yet but apparently the entire track programme is oversubscribed. LOCOG would have sold four times as many tickets had they been available. I'm not holding out much hope :(

Obviously millions of people wanted tickets so it's about luck, you have to hope for the best. :)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
LugHugger said:
Supposedly the tickets are an absoulte rip off though I'd imagine the track cycling would be a very popular even as GB got majority of their golds from the track in beijing.
L'arriviste said:
I applied for the Road Race and one of the track ones, I forget which: I'm limited to weekends due to the journey we'd have to make. No info as yet. Doubt I'll get in but here's hoping ;)

You have to buy tickets for the road race?:eek:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Supposedly the tickets are an absoulte rip off though I'd imagine the track cycling would be a very popular even as GB got majority of their golds from the track in beijing.

You have to buy tickets for the road race?:eek:

The track ticket prices are astronomical in comparison with higher standard events held at Manchester (Olympics is a poor second in field quality to Worlds due to UCI/IOC fudging of qualification imho).

RR tickets are priced only for the grandstands at the finish line.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:
Has anyone heard if they have received tickets for the track cycling or checked their bank accounts to see if money has been taken out?

Didn't get the tickets for the Team Pursuit :( I did get Archery qualification at Lord's and Beach Volleyball at Horseguard's Parade which I'm pretty chuffed about. If the weather is decent that's a pretty good way to spend a summer morning and early afternoon in London :cool: With any luck I can persuade the other half to hang around the Velodrome later on and hope that they'll have a big screen showing the Pursuit :)

I must admit I didn't bother applying for tickets, I knew I simply wouldn't get what I wanted. I'm going to go and see the Individual Time Trial though (free), which will be good for sure...

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
LugHugger said:
Didn't get the tickets for the Team Pursuit :( I did get Archery qualification at Lord's and Beach Volleyball at Horseguard's Parade which I'm pretty chuffed about. If the weather is decent that's a pretty good way to spend a summer morning and early afternoon in London :cool: With any luck I can persuade the other half to hang around the Velodrome later on and hope that they'll have a big screen showing the Pursuit :)

We got tickets for Table Tennis and either Track Cycling or Athletics.
The good Lady_Cavman informed me that if we get our tickets for the Team Pursuit we are to give them to the Wiggins family as they didn't get any. I asked her whether she meant 'sell the tickets at a huge mark-up?' and she replied that no, that was not what she meant.

A

Anonymous

track tickets for the Paralympics are only £10-£40

we going to do that instead.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You probably are closer to the athletes, see more action and it costs nothing to watch a road event at the olympic games. Why would you bother witth the other events.

Goig to the road event at the 2006 commonwealth games was gerat. The RR was around the Botanical gardens and the TT was along the foreshore. You are free to move around and also can do something else if it is boring.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
JPM London said:
Just got my email confirming what I expected... No tickets for me - asked for cycling, road and track , both opening and closing ceremonies and gymnastics. Not a single one :(

The raod race you can just go to the course, the ticks are only for the grandstands at the finish