• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Look closely at these pictures

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
See anything in common?

flanders08-grammont.jpg

26417_413155175621_661435621_5686169_4591092_n.jpg

n37009031_32485275_6323.jpg

devolder-wins.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_otKbtU4TQ...0/Copy+of+Ronde+van+Vlaanderen+6+4+08+053.jpg

No? Look at the audience again.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
For some reason inserting pictures won't work for me. I click on "insert images", enter the URL, click OK, and it never shows up in the post. What am I doing wrong?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
For some reason inserting pictures won't work for me. I click on "insert images", enter the URL, click OK, and it never shows up in the post. What am I doing wrong?

I am having the same problem - suggestions would be good, thanks

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Christian said:

not the URL. right click on photo then "copy image location" and paste that into the insert image

You know the "funny" thing about FC's jersey is that part of me was saying: "there's something wrong... it should be redder, he's the Swiss champion!" While another part went "Naah! Just the cross..." Yeah... somehow I managed to move the cross from the Swiss flag onto the side... :rolleyes:(and completely did not notice the CSC written on it...)

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Kid needs a new coat. Every year, same outfit? If you're going to do that you have to make yourself a novelty to get noticed, like American moose-horn idiot or the Devil.

Actually - thats what I really like about this 'fan'.

He is not there standing to get noticed, he is standing there because he knows it is part of something special.

I wonder what time he has to be there at to get that spot? (And how drunk he must be)
Eyjafjallajokull said:
You have to wonder if the riders appreciate having their ear drums blown out like that.

Yes they do..............the goosebumps they get from riding up there through a wall of noise stays with them forever.

Eyjafjallajokull said:
You have to wonder if the riders appreciate having their ear drums blown out like that.

Does anyone know the general view of the peloton regarding those fans who like to run alongside and scream and so on? Any cyclists famously outspoken on their disapproval? I couldn't imagine enduring the effort and stress of a tough climb while some clown prances about and gets in my face.

EDIT: What was the incident in Eurosport's Giro d'Italia advertisement with the rider swinging his arm back at a fan?

Jeriko said:
EDIT: What was the incident in Eurosport's Giro d'Italia advertisement with the rider swinging his arm back at a fan?

I haven't seen that advertisement but it reminds me of Contador on Verbier in the TdF last year, after he had attacked

As for that guy, i've got one word for him: Committed!:D In the dictionary under the word commitment or committed there should be a picture of this guy.;)

TRENDING THREADS