• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lookalikes

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The boy watching Anquetil looks like a young Wout van Aert. (3rd spectator from the right)

KPAiDht38y8A9CNY5jGvU9-1920-80.jpeg

Last edited:
Not exactly lookalikes but I tend to find that fans of the Schleck brothers were very often fans of Froome and now Vingegaard as well.
Feel like the Schlecks were a lot more popular than both Froome and Vingegaard though (certainly if you correct for the fact that they weren't exactly getting support based on their nationality - Froome/Vingegaard fans are rare outside of the UK/Denmark respectively). It's possible that former Schleck fans are overrepresented among fans of the latter two but I think the majority of them went on to support other riders.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Feel like the Schlecks were a lot more popular than both Froome and Vingegaard though (certainly if you correct for the fact that they weren't exactly getting support based on their nationality - Froome/Vingegaard fans are rare outside of the UK/Denmark respectively). It's possible that former Schleck fans are overrepresented among fans of the latter two but I think the majority of them went on to support other riders.
So not even the Schleck fans want to cheer for them? Man, that's rough.

So, a few years ago I spotted a suspicisiously Gaudu-looking guy at a bus stop in Tranbjerg.
The other day, I spotted a guy who looked a bit like Hellemose, especially with the hairdo he had in his profile picture at the beginning of the season:

asbjorn-hellemose-2023.jpeg

However, while Hellemose running around in the outskirts of Århus is significantly more likely than Gaudu doing the same, there were still several things that made me conclude it wasn't him.

1. He's a bit busy in Luxembourg at the moment!
2. The guy seemed a bit too short...
3. The guy was a little too redheaded.
4. The guy was speaking in a very non-Danish sounding language.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
So, a few years ago I spotted a suspicisiously Gaudu-looking guy at a bus stop in Tranbjerg.
The other day, I spotted a guy who looked a bit like Hellemose, especially with the hairdo he had in his profile picture at the beginning of the season:

asbjorn-hellemose-2023.jpeg

However, while Hellemose running around in the outskirts of Århus is significantly more likely than Gaudu doing the same, there were still several things that made me conclude it wasn't him.

1. He's a bit busy in Luxembourg at the moment!
2. The guy seemed a bit too short...
3. The guy was a little too redheaded.
4. The guy was speaking in a very non-Danish sounding language.

Clearly there must be a cycling cloning facility near Tranbjerg. That's the only possible explanation.

he's from Galten so not impossible to see him around there but probably not waiting for a bus

I know he's from Galten, that's why I said spotting him in the area would be significantly more likely than spotting Gaudu. However, he's in Luxembourg.
And why wouldn't he be taking the bus? I don't think it's written into his contract that he's never allowed to be a bit lazy, and just take the bus.