• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lotto-Ridley

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Lotto-Ridley for 2012:

Riders from the 2011 Omega Pharma-Lotto team: (Belgian unless otherwise indicated)

Bart De Clercq, Francis De Greef, Jens Debusschere, Kenny Dehaes, Gert Dockx, André Greipel, (Ger), Adam Hansen (Aus), Olivier Kaisen, Maarten Neyens, Vicente Reynes (Spa), Jürgen Roelandts, Marcel Sieberg (Ger), Jurgen Van den Broeck, Jurgen Vandewalle, Jelle Vanendert, and Frederik Willems

New signings: Lars Bak (Den), Gaetan Bille, Brian Bulgac (Ned), Sander Cordeel, Greg Henderson (Nze), Frederique Robert, Mehdi Sohrabi (Irn), Tosh Van der Sande, Dennis Vanendert, Jonas Vangenechten and Joost Van Leijen (Ned)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Lotto minus Gilbert = not great.

Looking forward to Vanendert in the classics though.

I find them in the classics without Gilbert one of the more interesting things to come. I wonder if Vanendert consistently shines after this tour.

What is funny, GVA would probably love to be in this team now.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I find them in the classics without Gilbert one of the more interesting things to come. I wonder if Vanendert consistently shines after this tour.

What is funny, GVA would probably love to be in this team now.

GVA + this team would be perfect, it's a shame. They'll suffer a bit from not having Gilbert to take control of a race, even without mentioning his results. They're looking like a strong Pro Conti team or an underdog in the Protour at the moment, I'll certainly enjoy following them in either case.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
CQM2008007371.jpg

CQM2011002826.jpg

they look pretty alike

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
They have a kind of Balloon-like shaped head :p. I dont really know what kind of rider it is though, I guess you'll have to ask our Belgian comrades :).

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Havetts said:
They have a kind of Balloon-like shaped head :p. I dont really know what kind of rider it is though, I guess you'll have to ask our Belgian comrades :).

Actually I have no clue :p Sporza said they were rather alike... but after looking at his results on CQ I don't really see an amazing climber in him... we'll have to see :p

I really like Lotto, and I am glad that many of the OPL guys from last year have stayed with them rather than go to Quickstep.

I hope they have a fantastic season, and that Jelle Vanendert shows he can do it on his own just as well.

Greipel will give a good showing of himself next year. Also i expect JVDB to podium somewhere at a GT, maybe at the Vuelta if he fails at the TDF ( which could be likely as his ITT has deteriorated and i don't envisage him beating pure climbers like Contador and Shleck who need to gain time on every mountain ) Still a top 10 though.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
i always liked the lotto jerseys, i hope they get a cool kit for next year. i am also eager to see what vanendert can do at the ardennes riding for himself

Same here looking forward to the kit and Roelandts making the big step up.

greenedge said:
Greipel will give a good showing of himself next year.

after Greipel's comments about winning more without Gilbert he's now going to have to put his money where his mouth is.
I can't say I know too much about the depth in this team to comment on whether he has enough support to carry this through...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Greipel won many races at HTC (whatever they were called) because of a great leadout and even though he often lost the leadout train, he was still relatively well positioned. Lotto's leadout isn't the quality of HTC's therefore when he is lead out at Lotto, he couldn't really come back from being so badly positioned. Him not winning so much is also to do with coming up against some better opposition.