• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lotto-Ridley

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
I quite like the look of Lotto too, Greipel will for sure do better than last year as he has a better sprint train while he doesn't have to work for Gilbert like he did last year - on the other hand Cavendish has lost a bit of power in his train so sprints at tours will atleast be a bit more interesting!

As for VDB, he was junior ITT world champion and has hit the podium at nationals a few times so he has it in him and will probably focus more on ITT this season instead of the climbs as there is less of one and more of the other - with Jelle & Denis should have decent support at the tours.

As for classics, Jurgen Roelands & Greipel can do a great tandem and while it is a young team it is a Belgian team so there should be a few players at the classics, who knows some might be able to step it up.

A bit of sloppy reporting from cycling news as they have listed the new signing, Sohrabi in both AG2R & Lotto's in-comings. He seems to be packing some serious horse power in those legs so hope he can step it up.

Midnightfright said:
I think its going to be a big season for Griepel he could well clean up at the Giro and Vuelta if he aimed for them and he's my early favourite for MSR

I don't think so. Because next year i predict an even more aggressive race at M-SR than this year. Griepel is also a sprinting leader so i doubt he will be in his " peak form" as at the TDF.

Surely Lotto can sign some other good riders from somewhere.