• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Luis Leon Sanchez - what on Earth has happened???

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 8, 2009
Visit site
TT champion of Spain, stage at the TdF, potential top10....good for the sense of this thread.... :rolleyes:

LL indicated that it was hard to adapt to a new time and that he went trough much in his personal life this year.

khardung la said:
TT champion of Spain, stage at the TdF, potential top10....good for the sense of this thread.... :rolleyes:

LL indicated that it was hard to adapt to a new time and that he went trough much in his personal life this year.
That he's starting to do well now doesn't change the fact that the first half of his season was abysmal.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
llsanchez_600.jpg
SANCHEZ1.jpg

really similar:eek:

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Of course. He dedicates all his wins to his late brother Leon.

Yes, actually he has said that in marca.com

Off topic, do you know guys why the Contador's pistol salute? I heard somewhere that is related to his girlfriend or his family but I don't really know.

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Spaniard said:
Off topic, do you know guys why the Contador's pistol salute? I heard somewhere that is related to his girlfriend or his family but I don't really know.

I remember reading that it originated in 2007, after the press criticized their tactics and said AC should be supporting Levi. When he emerged as the stronger of the two he "silenced" his critics by shooting them. Don't know if there is any truth to this story tbh, but it sounds plausible. Maybe someone else knows more about this.

TRENDING THREADS