• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Madiot couldn't have hit the bull's eye more dead centre (again)

Asked by sudouest.fr if Bouhanni or Démare would be his sprinter for the 2013 Tour, Madiot said: “It annoys me when everyone asks me that! The two will have room to express themselves. The Germans, with Kittel and Degenkolb, or the Belgians, with Boonen and Cavendish, don’t ask themselves these questions. We won’t focus just on the Tour. There are races all year round, some nice ones, with WorldTour points to be scored – at the Tour Down Under in January, at the Dauphiné, in China, everywhere!”

A high proportion of French riders have traditionally built their seasons around earning selection for the Tour de France, but in the WorldTour era, Madiot seems keen to change the culture at FDJ.

“I’ve told my riders that I don’t want to hear them saying anymore, ‘this guy’s doing the Tour, this guy isn’t,’” Madiot said. “There’s more than the Tour in the season. [...]I want us to escape this tendonitis of French cycling, which sees only the Tour.”

Really like this guy, more and more. He should follow Depardieu's steps. :p

So many French have missed a great career because they were too blinded by Bore de France.

there's much more to cycling than Bore de France, obviously.

Echoes said:
Really like this guy, more and more. He should follow Depardieu's steps. :p

So many French have missed a great career because they were too blinded by Bore de France.

there's much more to cycling than Bore de France, obviously.

Same Marc Madiot who turned his back on Bassons when Christophe spoke out?

You know since you constantly deny Pantani Vinom Contador Riis Ullrich etc any recognition whatsoever and have been willing to take bans to defend your "right" to remind people what was in their histories, I wonder why you are so quick to dish out praise to guys like Kim Andersen or Madiot.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

You know since you constantly deny Pantani Vinom Contador Riis Ullrich etc any recognition whatsoever and have been willing to take bans to defend your "right" to remind people what was in their histories, I wonder why you are so quick to dish out praise to guys like Kim Andersen or Madiot.

Madiot is very outspoken against doping, so I don't know why you're comparing him to Kim Andersen lol.

The Hitch said:

Presumable its the same reason as I have for thinking Pinot is a great rider and SB is a fantastic race, i.e. a personal preference also known as fandom. Add a bit of history and stats for a bit of colour and depth and suddenly everything looks more complicated and perhaps complete.

But I concur there are way too much nationalistic stuff going on in cycling starting with the Frenchs love of TdF.

El Pistolero said:
Madiot is very outspoken against doping, so I don't know why you're comparing him to Kim Andersen lol.

im just pointing out the posters hypocricy consdering he spams other riders threads reminding everyone they doped, (did you know Basso got caught:eek:?) but hillariously in last few days has had no problem lifting the curtain for others.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Agree with Madiot, alot of riders need to stop seeing the Tour as the race. There are plenty of other races just as prestigious. Maybe Radioshack should hire him to coach Schleck. :p

TRENDING THREADS